Review: "Clarizen brings project management to the 21st century"https://www.trustradius.com/project-managementClarizenUnspecified7.3671012014-01-10T21:24:19.489Z
- Clarizen takes the "Project" out of Project Management. By that I mean, it is no longer a huge task to figure out how to use the system but Clarizen allows us to get right down to what we need to do which is getting the actual work done.
- While the system can be used to manage projects immediately upon subscribing, it is extremely flexible and allows for specific, high-level customization through a very easy to use scripting system with plenty of easy to read documentation full of examples that will fit nearly any requirement the user may have.
- While Clarizen provides a great system with awesome flexibility, the thing they do better than any online system or software vendors I've worked with in the past 25 years is end user support and training. Once someone becomes a customer and the check has been signed, the relationship doesn't end there. Any weekday, I can pick up the phone and call into an online Q&A webinar where a Clarizen expert will answer specific questions and walk the users through the solution needed to get things done.
- Clarizen's product is always growing and adjusting to their client's needs. When I find something the product won't do, I submit it to support for review and more than a few times, I've seen my specific need addressed in a future update. So while I may find certain weaknesses once in a while, and it does take a little time to see the results of those requests, I can be assured that my request hasn't fallen upon deaf ears.
- The pricing structure for Clarizen is simple to understand but if you have a large organization who has never used a system like this to manage projects before, sticker shock is something you'll want to watch out for. It is less than competitive products but still can be bit eye-opening if you're new to paying for software per month, per user.
- Clarizen has allowed our group to be able to report immediately upon hours and projects which has enabled us to prioritize requests for additional projects. This has allowed us to reduce the number of "immediate critical need" projects.
- Through their dashboard modules we are also able to share with our clients the high-level overview of their specific project which has decreased the number of "how are things going" phone calls drastically.
I give my renewal of this product a 9. It's only because we never know what product may come out next and how other factors in our office political environment may cause impact upon this. If I always had my way, this is what we'd settle on as our de facto project management system.
The scenario making Clarizen the best option for the job is one in which there is a corporate environment needing a solid system for projects to be managed well. It is an all around excellent product that makes the entire project management process simple, completely collaborative, and easy to explain to the most basic of computer user. However, non-profit organizations are probably going to need to look elsewhere for a solution due to the current pricing structure.