Overall Satisfaction with Contentful
We use contentful to load content into iOS and Android apps via Angular and Cordova applications to pull down cloud articles and content. We leverage this for apps that have over 10,000 downloads and have versioned many different entries as well as content types as the apps progress, and even supporting internationalized content for specific fields of specific articles and content types as well as media.
- Version Control is outstanding
- Uploading media
- Adding and removing fields to content types
- Linked content types
- Verification and control of input entries
- It would be nice to have some documentation for entry level coders
- Built in preview mechanisms for more than just entry fields
- Instant data into your app
- Instant publication of data and also reversion to previous versions
- Support tens of thousands of simultaneous users with little effort
Contentful is easy and fast and cheap. I went from zero experience to loading data out of my contentful space in about an hour or more. The cost is very reasonable and compared to options like CloudCMS are a fraction of the cost. The benefit is that with a lower cost entry point, you are more likely to try it out and find new ways to use it.
Contentful is perfectly suited to global apps running in the cloud that need to download the latest content, images, text or media, as well as support versions of the content, entries and entry types as apps grow. The massive benefit is also that you can reuse the content anywhere you want in any app or any facility you can imagine once it is in the system.