Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
At Wynright Corporation, we use Cornerstone OnDemand with our professional positions. Our manufacturing employees do not have access to computers during their workday, so they are not Cornerstone users. We use Cornerstone Learning for on-boarding and initial safety/compliance training. We assign one course per month to all professional employees. Different departments may assign specific training to their employees. We have third party content as well as nearly 90 courses we have developed posted in Cornerstone. We track hours of training per employee on a weekly basis and report these hours by department monthly to the executive team. Wynright Corporation has used Cornerstone Performance since 2015. The company had not had performance reviews as a company prior to that time. Cornerstone made it easy to develop a standard review for all employees and deploy it to all employees electronically rather than using paper forms. Each performance cycle, we improve the form and process. Reporting on status for each step of the process is easy and our executives have come to expect weekly progress reports.
- Ability to upload SCORM course content created by various authoring platforms.
- Ability to report on a variety of aspects of both performance and learning.
- Support from Cornerstone as well as from client communities (regional user groups, special interest groups, etc.).
- Some functionality works in one area, but not others. For example, in a search field sometimes hitting return will complete the search and other times, you need to hit the search icon.
- Quarterly releases of new functions are almost too much to keep up with. Cornerstone could complete more thorough testing on fewer features prior to releases.
- Clients are shifted from one Client Success Manager to another frequently. I would prefer building a relationship with one CSM and maintaining that relationship.
- We do not track formal ROI at Wynright. We feel we have a positive return on investment by offering non-restricted access to all training courses for all professional-level employees.
- We were a family-owned company with no Human Resource Department until 2015. Being able to have performance reviews in Cornerstone has raised the company's professionalism.
- On the negative side, we still have employees and managers who find the system difficult to use. These are typically employees who are less tech-savvy than average employees.
Tracking online learning completion for compliance or other reasons is easy within Cornerstone. Performance reviews are easy to set up and manage from the system as well. Searching for training can sometimes be difficult. Users do not know what types of subjects are available and can be confused as to how they can find a course.