#1 in Learning for a Reason
September 23, 2020
#1 in Learning for a Reason
Score 9 out of 10
- HR Suite
- Learning Suite
- Performance Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Our organization uses Cornerstone OnDemand enterprise-wide to create one unified space where employees can go for learning, performance, resources, and online forms. We have created custom electronic forms with workflows to eliminate a lot of our paper HR processes as well as tracking and reporting on performance and learning. This tool is great because it can serve our employees across the world as well as those who are out on the street all day and only access via mobile.
- Mobile app.
- Tools for content creation - Playlists, Curriculum, Learner Home, Featured Training, etc.
- Customization! Almost every element can be changed to exactly how we want it.
- There are a lot of resources for help, which is great, but there are a mix of locations to find them. It would be nice if they were all in one central location.
- The HR Suite product is very basic. I am hoping the new merger with Saba will help improve this tool.
- They don't have a way to roll up changes in the pilot portal into the production portal, so when you test changes, you then have to manually made those updates in production. I've worked with software elsewhere that they can just push those changes into production.
- We are tracking learning and performance and using it to direct career growth and goal planning.
- We have increased employee engagement in HR activities with 4 consecutive years of YOY increases in employee directed learning initiatives.
- We have created learning content for new hires, career pathing, and compliance that we never had before.
Yes, having learning, performance, succession, compensation, and forms all in one place has been a life saver. We are actually migrating a lot of our resources to Cornerstone using custom pages so that we everything in one place that is accessible anytime, anywhere for our employees. Not only is it nice to have them all in one place, but that means that they interact smoothly with one another, so we can have learning content right in our development plans and tie training to goals and performance.
Previously we had a trainer for each business unit and each had their own way of tracking (or not tracking) training and attendance. Now we have a unified platform where all training is tracked and managed, where we can ensure that a unified message is being shared across the organization and that all employees are getting the training resources that they need. We are not just using the LMS to track learning and compliance, but we are also using it to track the effectiveness of our trainers and training programs.
Cornerstone is highly customizable. We did not have anything even close to a learning management tool prior to implementation. It is important to understand what you want and how you want to set it up before implementation as figuring it out along the way will slow down the process. CSOD has a lot of tools and resources to help you set up and customize everything, but it can be overwhelming. Administrators go through extensive training to learn how to set things up and have to have a strong understanding of how each of the settings and permissions interact with other modules if the client is using multiple tools within the platform.
Cornerstone is the #1 Learning Management System for a reason. The Learning Management and Performance Management tools are amazing. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a talent platform. They have room to grow in the recruiting space. I believe that the new tools on the roadmap look promising, however, we ended up removing this tool from our contract and going with another vendor. Cornerstone is not nearly as experienced in the talent acquisition space as it is in talent management.