We are able to customize onboarding our employees for any special State requirements. We are able to customize the recruiting process for any special needs of our commercial clients and allow external hiring managers to interface at various levels. We are able to customize the internal reporting/tracking that our Program Managers need for federal contracts ... not simple or easy!
- Highly customization of reports/searches, able to export to Excel. Allows all levels of management to make use of on-demand, real-time data.
- Professional layout and ease of use - great interface with most all user devices. Gives our company instant credibility and quality for our brand.
- Can't outgrow it. iCIMS has many very large customers, and excellent interface with other services and new technologies. They even acquired a texting manager platform we were hoping to start using.
- The platform is not well oriented for the fast paced staffing agency, as it requires going in/out of various levels to manage accounts, hiring managers, etc. While it could be argued that that is a CRM function (not ATS), we feel it is a area that iCIMS should look at next.
- More ready-to-use templates, dashboards, etc. that can allow new users to dive in and use it quickly. If someone has a DBA background, they'll love getting started and learning all the tools/tricks, but if they are the typical manager ... not so much. Have had problems with buy-in for some managers, as it can seem too complicated.
- Some of the recruiting and hiring processes could be assisted by some ready-to-use features (like the Offer creation/approve/acceptance feature they are starting to work on). New clients have to create a lot of workflow processes on their own.
- Gives you great reports, charts for real-time status of your recruiting processes.
- Highly customize-able structure to allow for unlimited variety of application, screening, and onboarding processes.
- Not user-friendly to non-database oriented people ... not always obvious where to navigate, how to use features.
- Integrates well with TONS of job boards
- Amazing reports that are VERY user-friendly. You can track ANYTHING!
- Great passive talent management
- It's a "big" system. It takes some training.
- Slow to load occasionally
- It took us a while to be able to sort candidates effectively
- Many processes are able to be utilized but difficult to do the first time
- Process Flow
- Too many bells and whistles.
- Training is very poor for a robust system such as iCIMS.
- Customer Service is very, very, very poor. Particularly the Account Managers. Will tell you anything to purchase/jupgrade the service.
- Not a user friendly system.
- Configurability; they give a great deal of control to the company. Having this flexibility means you can be more agile in your approach and don't have to pay a fee every time you want to make a small update.
- Training Resources; iCIMS has a robust knowledge base on their help site and I rarely find an article or video that's out of date (how they manage to create new content and keep all the existing content up to date is beyond me!). Their training team is fantastic and they regularly host pieces of training for both Recruiter Users and User Admins at their offices which are free of charge to their clients - if you can secure a spot, that is- they tend to fill up quickly!
- Searching/Reporting; I provide this 'pro' of the iCIMS platform somewhat cautiously for two reasons. First, I don't have much experience in this area outside of iCIMS. And secondly, I've gotten feedback from end users that it's confusing. But, I'm still listing this as a 'pro' because as I've become adept at building queries, I can see a ton of capability. A User Admin or Super User who is comfortable navigating the system and with a good awareness of their platform can build quite detailed and sophisticated searches that provide hugely valuable information. Recruiting Users, who have a more narrow scope in the system may need some training to get what they need. I do know that iCIMS is working on the interface to make searching more intuitive for recruiters - similar to other search forms they may use to look for passive candidates online.
- Conditional Logic; This is the biggest opportunity for improvement for iCIMS. Not having this functionality becomes an issue when we want to prevent users from doing something based on a set of other - sometimes unrelated - conditions. Conditional logic would allow us to set up a more prescriptive process which would reduce user error and help maintain compliance. They have JUST released some promising new functionality in this area and I hope to see similar types of improvements around conditional logic elsewhere in the platform soon.
- Onboarding; Okay, we all know the purpose of an Applicant Tracking Systems is (at least historically) to track APPLICANTS. But if you've been involved in attempting to design a streamlined onboarding process, you know it's a beast all it's own. The capabilities of the Onboard module in iCIMS are . . . acceptable. It's functional, but it's not great. For the company with less complexity, I think the Onboard module would be a wholly sufficient. However, for more complex organizations, what's lacking becomes a bit more obvious (conditional logic would also be a huge win if applied to the onboarding module!)
- As with almost everything in iCIMS, you do have the ability to configure the content of the onboarding portal(s) to your liking. However, the user-interface itself leaves a lot to be desired and isn't nearly as sleek as the rest of the platform. They've recently released an update with some improved functionality and it seems like they are beginning to dedicate more resources to this area, so that's exciting. We've had over 15k new hires funnel through our onboarding process in iCIMS this year so by no means is this a deal breaker but I do hope for some functional and aesthetic improvements in the coming year.
- Database for resumes, saves all resumes and information on candidates.
- Templates for sending automatic emails to large populations. Saves a lot of time!
- Easy to use and user-friendly.
- Mobile version can be improved as well as mobile capabilities.
- Auto-populating fields could save a lot of time. So parsing resumes.
- More training demos.
- Storing and creating goals.
- Collaborate on employee performance.
- End to End process management.
- The interface is not intuitive. I have to hunt and peck every time I need to get to my goals. This may be a result of our implementation, I'm not sure.
- The interface should be modernized. It has an old look and feel, and is a bit clunky when saving updates.
- I have lost information mid edit, and others have as well. Need to keep drafts like Confluence does. In fact, Confluence should be used to guide ICIMS UX path forward.
- Easy to review and rate incoming applications/resumes; especially since iCims upgraded their interface to reduce the number of clicks to accomplish this.
- Easy to get our job postings out to social media via the iCIMS "advertise" feature.
- Fairly easy to email past candidates to keep in touch and develop a talent source from a growing pool.
- Easy to post our jobs.
- More work is definitely needed on the main interface to help make it even more intuitive and reduce the number of steps involved in reviewing candidates and "accepting" or "rejecting" them.
- More integration with social media. Our package was just upgraded, so this already may have been accomplished. We'll see.
- Emailing select groups of past candidates is still a little awkward. Would love to be able to sort the candidates and create more specialized groups and touch points to email them and create stronger ties and talent source pools. Would love to be able to tailor and send out newsletters, blog posts and specialized job announcements to them. May be create and advertise special events (job fairs & open houses).
- Would love to see a feature where candidates and others can recommend a friend seeking employment.
- Would love to have the ability to create email contact lists for job referral sources at colleges, labor dept offices, vocational schools, employment help organizations and others to which we could create and push out our job posts, e-newsletters and event invites to them with a click.
- Integration with job distributors - scraping to outside job boards.
- Integration with other on-boarding systems- ADP, EBI etc.
- Resume preview - would LOVE a feature that allows me to hover over resumes and preview them more easily.
- Workflow progression - too many click thrus with adding notes, etc., vs. going right to the next step.
- Easy to set-up compared to other ATS systems.
- Good workflow thru the application from first candidate submission to onboarding
- reporting and searching are easy to do and does not take an "IT" degree to use
- Integrations with HRIS systems work well
- Support is very responsive and knowledgable
- Account manager is also responsive and great to work with
- Most functions/changes to the system can be done with in house staff
- Frequent updates to system functionality, continuous improvement
- Takes feedback from there clients on improvements and new functionality.
- Great candidate experience in being able to complete the application process quickly
- Integrations are not 100% functional with some 3rd party vendors
- Customer service is second to none. It is the best I have encountered.
- Everything is configurable. It is easy to change the process to better match your process
- Always improving. New features and functionality continue to keep you on the cutting edge
- Social Media tool is the best tool ever
- Nothing. They listen to their customers and quickly implement those areas to improve.
- Nothing. They are so responsive in improving their product.
- iCIMS is a very customizable system. We are constantly making changes and adding new fields in iCIMS and the best thing is that the system administrator has the access to make all these changes.
- The dashboard capabilities that iCIMS provides in its platform are amazing. You can literally tailor a specific user login to see only those dashboards that you feel they need access to see.
- The workflow feature that iCIMS has allows for cleaner reporting, as you can't skip a step when moving a candidate thru the workflow.
- iCIMS can improve the reporting capabilities as you can't have multiple logic setup when creating a report.
- I think they can improve the security administration piece as the system admin can't tailor the security. You need to contact iCIMS so they can make changes.
- iCIMS needs to do a better job when looking for partners to integrate their systems with. We currently are in the middle of integrating iCIMS with TalentWise and this integration has not gone too well.
I also used iCIMS at a prior company - Sage - where we used the system across a large enterprise of 5,000 employees, filling hundreds of jobs each year. At Sage, we also used the tool to feed directly into the HRMS system, automatically creating employee files and payroll records with simple clicks.
iCIMS is a tool that allows for the organization of candidates who have applied for jobs, it creates a searchable database of candidates for your organization, eases recruiting transactions, communication with candidates, reporting on talent acquisition activity and it is the first step in taking your entire HR department paperless.
- Ability to customize. I have not come across anything within iCIMS that I cannot customize to be the way I want it to be. Such as the names of fields, order of fields, reports, communication to candidates, uploading any and every document that I share with candidates within the system. Anything I have ever wanted it to do it can do, either through my own ability to customize (they give users free reign to customize away - and it's very easy to do), or with the help of their tech support.
- They don't nickle-and-dime. I have used other ATS's in the past such as Ultimate Software, Kenexa, Taleo, and some others, and all of them charge for the things I want to change or customize, and in most cases, they simply couldn't do it. If they could do it, it would take them months upon months and it would be expensive. With iCIMS, if I have a customization request, it is usually done within a day or two and I have never been charged for anything. This is an amazing strength of theirs that I hope they never change!
- It's the one-and-only TRUE ATS. This is a true applicant tracking system. iCIMS is not part of a different company that is an HRMS trying to be able to round out their solution offerings by having a recruiting module. They ARE a recruiting module ONLY. The other products only frustrated me because if they were an ATS, as in the case of Taleo or Kenexa, they are owned by a larger organization (in Taleo's case it's Oracle, Kenexa is IBM), and just one tiny line of a very big business. That never works because service is slow, they nickle-and-dime for changes, and they don't know what they are doing when it comes to ATS so they can't offer good solutions. In the case of HRMS systems offering an ATS module, those modules are never good - it's something that is fairly simple so they can say they have an ATS module (as in the case of Ultimate). So if you really want a real ATS, there is no other solution than iCIMS. It integrates with ANY HRMS and it's a great solution for a great price.
- I am not happy that iCIMS recently changed their job-posting provider. They switched from TalentBrew to JobTarget. It's not as smooth, there are more clicks and steps, and I have a feeling that I'm going to start being charged for this which will make me very unhappy. I miss the ease of TalentBrew.
- Even though their customer service is fast and great and they still do anything that I ask them to, I have noticed that over the past several months their response time has gotten a little slower. It used to be that they'd get back to me the same day and generally have my customization or problem solved in the same day. Now, it takes a few days. I've had one as long as a week. So if you are really reading this iCIMS - please know that your customer service, ability to do whatever the customer asks and respond fast sets you WAY apart from the rest. Please don't change....tighten it back up. It's still excellent and better than anyone else in the market, but I'd hate to see that slip to average.
- iCIMS can provide extremely in-depth workflow stages to move candidates through to ensure real-time, accurate depiction of where candidates stand in the recruiting process.
- iCIMS has the capability of providing customized, detailed reports based on client needs.
- Communication with candidates through iCIMS is very detailed and user friendly. Building email templates and automating these functions is user friendly.
- Visually, iCIMS is not appealing. It is overbearing at times with the dashboard. It is not the most streamlined display where the user has to go through various tabs and drop downs.
- It functions less as a new aged, innovative ATS/CRM and more as a older system. I know their mobile capabilities are increasing but it is behind the times.
- It is not a great function of engaging individuals once the move from candidate to employee. The more innovative ATS are now functioning as both the ATS and HRMS/HRIS, in the same platform. I think limiting these capabilities and requiring the employer to buy three different systems for Recruit, Social, and HR will deter.
- Customizable to an organization's specific hiring process.
- User interface is easy from both the front and back end.
- Strong resume search function enables recruiters to find the right candidates quickly without wasting time looking at unqualified resumes.
- Customizability to a specific recruiting process is great, but there are certain features set in stone. When it comes to customizability, more is always better.
- While implementation of the product was smooth, there were some issues with custom forms. Nothing that was not handled well in the end by the iCIMS staff though.
- While easier to use than most applicant tracking systems, there is a ramp up time for recruiters to be able to take full advantage of the system.
- Very user friendly
- Very user customizable vs. having to submit requests for changes like other ATS systems
- Great candidate pre-screening library tools with the ability to weight answers
- Intuitive and ability to dictate OUR workflow vs. making our process fit the system
- New releases work very well vs. Taleo new releases that seem to cause problems across the system; I used Taleo in my last company.
- Update 3-22-15: I just recently updated to latest version 14.2 and as usual the update works seamlessly.
- Customer Support is outstanding and you get to talk to live people. They are also very knowledgeable of the product, features and configurations.
- As I mentioned, Customer Service seems to go to voicemail more than it has in the past
- Update 3-22-15: Cust. Serv. been much better, rarely getting sent voicemail (if at all). I'm also always impressed just how knowledgalbe how well informed their reps are, they go above and beyond a level 1 support and rarely do I need level 2 or more support.
- I'm trying to use thier Connect product which basically gives candidates the ability to just provide their resume without applying. I'm frustrated I can't create a custom field whereby I can inquire what their current title is and be able to search on it.
- Update 3-22-15: iCIMS has made improvements to the Connect module.
Be prepared, iCIMS charges for recruiter users and it can add up fast.
- Integrates with our website painlessly!
- Very easy to communicate with candidates and to save that communication
- The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate.
- For my purposes, it is exactly what I need.
- Customization: It was clear from the first implementation meeting that we were going to be able to structure and format the process based on our requirements and not have to work within the limitation of the ATS.
- Flexibility: Even after implementation was complete, we were surprised to learn that we can continue to change our process and refine it to meet our changing business needs.
- Clean and clear layout: Simple layout that can be further customized is a key highlight for my organization.
- Reporting: The reporting tool is extremely rich once you figure out what you want and how you want it presented/reported.
- Because there is so much customization available we were not able to fully utilize the tools available to us. iCIMS could do a better job at presenting best practices or configuration recommendations to its clients as they are rolling out the ATS to their organization.
- The reporting tool has many functions but there are not enough 'standard' reports per-populated into the tool.
- The only thing we miss about our former ATS, Taleo, is the Outlook toolbar. Would love to see an Outlook or Gmail add-in to help record exchanged emails directly to a candidate record.
- The capability of looking at my candidates (as opposed to my colleagues candidates) at a glance on the homepage and in an immediately linked area from there is an advantage over other systems.
- The ability to look at the resume without downloading it speeds up applicant reviews.
- The lack of a preview button on job postings is unfortunate.
- The antiquated user interface is frustrating. The look and feel are behind the times by ten years at least, and it's riddled with ux/ui problems such as collapsing of a list once you take an action on a candidate.
- Some features of the product simply don't work or aren't there, such as the option for candidates to build a resume from a questionnaire.
- The external candidate pages are not customizable enough by the users, and the options are old fashioned and limited.
- The video capability on job postings and the landing pages is blocked by a security bug.
- iCIMS allows multiple managers at multiple locations (within a region) to review and share a pool of candidates with a central place for communicating where the candidate is at in the application (review, screen, interview or hire) process.
- Likewise the candidate does not have to need to complete several different applications for multiple locations. They build a profile once and then apply to only the jobs they are interested in with a few clicks.
- Admin Users are allowed freedom to manage several pieces within the platform and their own career portals. For example, they are able to create new company locations, update verbiage on career portals and workflow bins and statuses within the platform.
- Applicants are counted everytime they are in the Identified Bin. So that if they have applied to more than 1 job, they are not 1 applicant but rather counted several times over. Within reporting, we wish there was a way to identify these individuals on certain reports or to not have them count multiple times on certain reports.
- Wish there was a way to report on how many applicants were not selected based on a reason type and for what job or by what manager. This would allow us to do further trending as to why we are not selecting or hiring candidates.
- When building a new Job Template, that it would not be assigned a job id like all other active job openings are. That when selecting the status of template, it would not automatically assign an ID.
- iCIMS has strong capabilities in easing the process of capturing applicant progress and tracking them through the hiring process.
- iCIMS has positively helped our on-boarding process with the ease of electronic new hire documents.
- iCIMS facilitates an easy process for submitting our background checks as well.
- iCIMS is a sophisticated system that seems to have capabilities beyond tracking candidates through the hiring process. It would be beneficial to increase the ease of searching for candidates within the system (without cumbersome click-throughs and more simplified search templates).
- Update 2015: Since I initially wrote this review -- I've worked with my administrator to create some fairly robust queries that helped (not completely solved) our searching/sourcing needs in iCIMS.
- A calendar or reminder function for candidates that should be followed up with that can tie into Outlook would be great.
Since we're consistently pipelining prospects, as well as seeking candidates for active openings, it was important that we'd be able to pull candidates that have already been screened. iCIMS searching functionalities were a bit clunky and required multiple click-throughs with the results being less than user-friendly and easy to share.
- The dispositions assigned to positions are easier to track for AAP
- Generating an offer letter is straightfroward
- Reporting functionality is great
- Customer Service is top notch
- It is an intuitive and user-friendly system and has been easily teachable to all users
- Better filtering capability for reports
It is too complex for a smaller organization
- The interface is user-friendly. After implementation we had many comments from hiring managers and recruiters that the system was very intuitive. They found it easier to use than our previous system.
- From the system administrator level, iCIMS is easy to configure. It was great to have the ability to customize dashboards for the different user groups (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, HR Managers).
- iCIMS global capabilities were one of our deciding factors. The system supports resumes in local language and allows for custom message creation. This was critical for us as we needed a system to support Dutch, Czech, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Great ability to take bulk actions for candidates. Both in terms of submitting resumes to the systems, updating source of hires, submitting to a job, and updating applicant status.
- Very easy to set-up reports and extract data. You can also create reports and save to the dashboards for different user groups. I found this a great way to ensure that we were all reporting information in a consistent format.
- It would be great to have the ability to bulk approve and bulk print forms in the onboarding portal.
- I would like to see a social share widget in the recruiter portal for ease of use. There are social share options on the job portals if you choose that configuration.
- Ability for system administrator to create iForms rather than going through support.
- Recruiters should have the ability to create folders to share information within the platform.
- Great, customizable customer-facing UI!
- Very good reporting features.
- Great dashboards!
- The admin UI can be counterintuitive at times. A bit dated.
- Although a robust tool, iCims has somewhat of a learning curve as compared with its more contemporary competitors.
- The search function does not seem to follow standard search parameters and feels limited.
iCIMS Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
iCIMS' Talent Acquisition Software Suite helps organizations to leverage mobile, social, and video technologies to manage their entire talent-acquisition lifecycle. The single web-based application helps with building talent pools, recruitment-marketing automation, applicant screening, and onboarding.
Talent Management Features
- New hire portal
- Manager tracking tools
- Compliance tracking and reporting
iCIMS Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||17%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||43%|
iCIMS Support Options
iCIMS Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||All|