SAP Crystal Review: "Better Alternatives To Be Found"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biSAP CrystalUnspecified7.84131012013-11-16T22:37:11.131Z
- Ability to merge data from multiple sources with ease
- Ability to create sub-reports is very helpful.
- Ability to export as a PDF is a big plus.
- Licensing fees are excessive
- Did not want to connect to our server without extended 3rd party help.
- Laying out the reports can be quite tedious and needs to have functionality improved
- real-time reporting is very helpful for employees and decision making.
- Very expensive to implement.
- Licensing fees make us wonder if there is a better alternative.
Not really my decision, but I feel there are better alternatives out there. If I had my way I'd go for an open source program that would have the ability to connect to multiple data streams with a lot less hassle. I'd also like to have a better WYSIWYG interface.
I would tell the colleague to look into another option first. If they had no choice, be sure to read a couple books or take some classes to better understand how Crystal Reports functions. I also found online forums to be of help, but the differences between versions caused some headaches receiving help.