January 13, 2023

Overall Satisfaction with D&B Finance Analytics

Before I start working with a potential client, D&B helps with providing critical information about that specific client, it parent company (if any), late payment information, law suits, information of potential decision makers. Having a bad debtors is always an issue that impacts our cash flow and D&B helps with that problem. Also with the trade payments summary, it gives information as to their payment history.

Pros

• Risk Assessment to know if a potential is risky or not.
  • Trade payments to know their repayment patterns.
  • Legal Events to know if there will be cost with regards to their late payments.

Cons

• Legal events. There have been cases where law suits were not documented.
  • In my experience, their support is well below average. I needed help once to report a late payer and no response. In that delay, other users have fallen in the trap of dealing with that late payer.
  • Sometimes incorrect information is posted; meaning that we are taking decisions based on erroneous data.
  • Improved cash flow due to prompt payment
  • Reduced cost and time spent as good clients are a pleasure to work with
  • Less bad debt and resources spent to recover outstanding amounts
It helps enormously in risk analysis/ management. It has been a long time challenge for all business to avoid losses and unrecoverables. Overleveraging from that potential client or concentration is always concern for our risk analysis performance. That also helps in us taking the risk to deal with a specific client knowing the benefits vs the cost.
My team has found it easy to browse through the different information that D&B provides. Clicking on the different links gave us quite a bit of information. However, for some companies, we would have wished to get more information such as who are they owing to, how long so that if I need to reach out to those creditors for further due diligence, that would be an easier task as companies will of course not disclose those information.
I have not used any other program and my headquarters only advised to use D&B.
The support is really really bad. They take several weeks to get back to me if ever. I had to report a client for late payment and by the time they got back to me, it was too late as other people would have done business with that defaulting client.

Do you think D&B Finance Analytics delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with D&B Finance Analytics's feature set?

Did D&B Finance Analytics live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of D&B Finance Analytics go as expected?

Would you buy D&B Finance Analytics again?

For where it is well suited it is when we are dealing with a company that is from out of town or unknown. That means that we do not know anything about them so this is a risk. If they are not on D&B, then we need to be more careful.

For where it is less appropriate will be for a local company where we know the owners and their reputation. We them would likely not need D&B that much.

Comments