Great and Affordable CAD solution, without the learning curve!https://www.trustradius.com/computer-aided-design-cadDraftSightUnspecified8.12071012019-01-02T17:37:16.328Z
January 02, 2019
Great and Affordable CAD solution, without the learning curve!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
- Cost is the reason I went with DraftSight. I have been working with AutoCAD for most of my career, but it can be expensive. There is a free version, but I ended up paying the $300 for the 2-3 year renewal. Was well worth it!
- 90+% of the key commands used in AutoCAD work 1:1 in DraftSight, making the transition relativity easy.
- When needing to collaborate with other departments, we were able to leverage the free version for small times and to avoid the expense of AutoCAD.
- Some of our users had never used AutoCAD or a drafting software. DraftSight is laid out in an intuitive way that allowed some of our users to perform basic drawing modification on their own.
- The biggest thing that sticks out to me is when using the free version, you have to re-register almost every day. I would like to see some improvement on the activation for the free version.
- DraftSight has allowed us to have a reliable 2D CAD solution without breaking the bank.
AutoCAD is a great solution, but very expensive for when you need a lightweight solution. DraftSight gave us the lightweight resources we needed but also was able to take on the big stuff when needed. DraftSight will provide more flexibility when needing to work on CAD drawings across an organization.