DraftSight: Set your sights on this 2D Cad Software

Thomas Eisenhauer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Paid

Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight

I primarily use DraftSight for strip layout proposals. We are a tool and die shop that specializes in progressive metal stamping dies. When we receive an RFQ from a customer I find that using DraftSight to layout the strip is the most efficient use of my time. Once the strip layout is approved I can easily move the .dwg or .dxf to SOLIDWORKS to make the 3d model of the approved strip.
  • Layers
  • Trimming
  • Commands
  • Snappoints
  • Overlapping Lines visible
  • Low cost meant high ROI
  • Easy operation means less training
Commands are very straight forward for anyone that has used a 2D Cad software at any point in their career. Price point is better than AutoCAD and ease of use is better than LibreCAD. For both plasma cutting .dxf files and Tool and Die Design, DraftSight is better than any alternative I have used for its price.
Quick, powerful and efficient 2d CAD software suitable for anything from Plasma cutting geometry to strip layouts for progressive metal stamping dies. Commands are easy and the price point is excellent. Not a problem to go from a competitors 2d CAD software to DraftSight. I'd recommend to just about anybody looking for a 2d design software.