User Review: "Deciding Whether to Use Drupal?"https://www.trustradius.com/cmsDrupalUnspecified7.92741012014-02-25T21:19:49.769Z
Overall Satisfaction with Drupal
A Touch of Technology is a Drupal shop meaning that we develop complicated systems and website for organizations using the Drupal platform. We also use Drupal for our own website and have built several community sites utilizing Drupal Commons. Drupal is an excellent platform in that it is flexible, scalable, and offers an unlimited array of potential for website functionality for both small businesses and large organizations. Drupal based websites can be managed by multiple departments and are an excellent choice when looking to implement marketing automation.
- Drupal is scalable meaning that it offers great benefits for small businesses and large organizations alike. We have built website as small as 5 pages on Drupal and websites that are over 10,000 pages.
- Drupal's administration is user-friendly. This is important since many of the folks that we implement Drupal for are not programmers and yet Drupal gives them the ability to take control of their websites through the development of new content, the addition of features, and the ability to schedule content out.
- The latest calendar module is disappointing. It doesn't support many of the features that the D6 version offered and is now more difficult to implement.
- Changes to user password emails resulted in frustration for our clients. Instead of emailing out passwords it now just says 'your password'. With our clients, if they remembered their password, they wouldn't have requested it.
- Our entire business is based on the Drupal platform, so for us it has helped us to achieve our business objectives and has provided a superb base for our customers.
We prefer Drupal because we feel that it is more user friendly for our clients than other similar types of systems.
We have been using Drupal for 7 years and do not intend to stop using it in the foreseeable future. It provides all the tools we need in order to provide our clients with an outstanding online presence that is easy for them to manage.
We have used the Drupal platform in several scenarios and have not run into any problems as of yet. It's a great platform. It is flexible and scaleable and offers a user-friendly UI for clients to be able to update their site content. Drupal also plays well with others and allows for third party integration with online marketing platforms, e-commerce platforms, and non-profit fundraising platforms like Altru.