User Review: "Future of Drupal"https://www.trustradius.com/cmsDrupalUnspecified82731012014-02-21T18:02:29.577Z
Overall Satisfaction with Drupal
Currently we are using Drupal in the development of the internal application that all Ericsson employees use for accessing company policy and documents. It also has a news and events section where employees can read important information about news or events related to the company. As well we have developed an internal tool for managing employee questions and answers.
- High-Performance, Scalability and Reliability
- Huge OpenSource Community
- A great tool for Developers, Site-Builders and Content Managers
- Use of Object-oriented programming practices (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Improve front-end with clean markup and mobile friendly (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Easy Multilingual support (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Improve UX and content editing (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Easy configuration deploy from development to live (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Migration tool for older Drupal versions and other content management systems (fixed in Drupal 8)
- Drupal offers free knowledge and training of best programming practices in most actual technologies.
- Drupal has hundreds of thousands developers around the world working in security issues and improvements for free, because it's OpenSource.
- You can find free support about Drupal in different ways, like drupal.org, IRC, stackoverflow.com even in social networks like Twitter.
As mostly all Drupal fellows says: "I came for the code quality and stayed for the Community". Drupal has a huge community that cares about the code quality, testing and engage developers to follow best programming practices. This improves both Drupal quality and your programming skills. Also Drupal Community is like a huge family.
Drupal 8 will be released this year and it will be the best content management framework ever. It includes libraries and components, like Guzzle and Twig, that are widely used and maintained by Symfony community. This collaboration between OpenSource communities is what makes products like Drupal a big piece of software.
Drupal works really well as a solution for medium and big projects even if the development team is not experienced enough to develop all the custom features in the project. If the project is small and you don't have a Drupal skilled team then maybe you should look for a different solution. You decide if you want to spend some time in your team training or you prefer to use a simpler solutions.
Evaluating Drupal and Competitors
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using