Overall Satisfaction with Drupal
Drupal is an excellent system for managing complex content. It provides simple ways to store any type of content in an organized manner and has a huge support community. At my organization, we are bringing Drupal to large enterprises and creating flexible systems that cater to their needs. Although our organization provides many technology solutions, our department strictly handles applications developed on top of the Drupal platform.
- Creates a consistent structure of data
- Allows for easy management of storing and displaying content
- Provides expert solution for moderation of content
- High skill level required for initial deployment of an application
- Front end development requires knowledge of PHP and an understanding of Drupal and server-side debugging tools
- Difficult to track competent developers with many Drupal services being offered by novices
- Lead conversion up significantly for most clients
- Less employees needed to manage sites.
- More flexibility on user requirements than previous software solutions
- WordPress,Sitecore Web Content Management,Adobe CQ
Drupal is simply the most robust open source content management solution available. It also does a great job stacking up against other licensed solutions like sitecore or CQ5.
Drupal is most well suited for applications that require a highly detailed backend / content entry system or applications that require service communication or exposed services for access by external applications. It is less appropriate for systems that are only used for simple applications, like blogging which do not contain several content types.