Overall Satisfaction with Druva
We are in the progress of implementing Druva company wide. Currently 65% of our end users utilize Druva for endpoint backup. Our company has a large field workforce so we have many remote users who rarely see our network. We also work in harsh environments so keeping endpoints healthy isn't easy. Druva provides us the ability to have our endpoints backed up to a cloud location no matter where they are at physically, and peace of mind for the end user as well as the IT staff.
- Druva is, for the most part, invisible to the end user. The majority of our end users have no idea what it is or what it's doing, until they have an issue and we can quickly restore their data. We're starting to educate our users, showing them that they can add other folders to the backup and can restore their own files if necessary. Very user friendly.
- Druva makes the machine migration process simple. Full restore of the user's desktop, files and settings with the click of a button based on their last backup.
- Implementing Druva was simple using SCCM and AD integration. The install is silent, no log in for the end user and the backups just happen.
- Initial backups can be lengthy and consume a lot of bandwidth. This is true for any endpoint backup system. Druva has methods of avoiding this (CloudCache) but with our workforce those methods didn't apply, we have too many field/remote users.
- Peace of mind for everyone from the end user to the president of the company, we know our endpoint data is safe.
- Governance features minimize IT involvement with legal matters. Data is in one place and we can give our legal team direct access to the data for discovery.
- Simple machine to machine migration. This is certainly a positive impact now and will become a key piece of OS upgrades (i.e. migration to Windows 10).
Admittedly it has been a while since I utilized the Symantec endpoint protection product at another company. It was cumbersome and not user friendly. Druva is easy to deploy, stays mostly invisible to the end user but is easy to use if they need to make changes or restore data.