ElasticSearch : a powerful and complete toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/enterprise-searchElasticsearchUnspecified8.71161012017-11-10T17:03:12.625Z
November 10, 2017
ElasticSearch : a powerful and complete tool
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Elasticsearch
Elastic Search is used in our organization to index Oracle Data. As there is a huge volume of data, Oracle Database is not able to respond quickly to our request. What we did is to index Oracle Data with ElasticSearch and key ElasticSearch to retrieve Data into a Web application to monitor TIBCO BW flows.
- It is built on Lucene. It allows very complex and complete text searches.
- It is an open source product and very easy to install.
- It is easily scalable. It needs few configurations to do that.
- The solution is immediately ready on the cloud.
- There's not much control over consistency of your data
- Complex searches queries are not obvious to all users. The syntax is very heavy
- Administration and monitoring of ElasticSearch are complex
- Open source.
- ElasticSearch is immediately ready on the cloud
- Resolving some data volume limitations that a relational database can handle
- Quick to install
- do quick searches on a large volume of data