U of R loves EMS.
October 03, 2018
U of R loves EMS.
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with EMS Software
We use EMS to manage classroom, meeting and event space. As well as non-room items like banner space, or van use. We also use EMS to manage services, manage classroom support, invoice and track payments. EMS is used across most of the university. From the Memorial Art Gallery, to the Eastman School of Music, athletics, student activities, Med Center.....etc. It allows the multiple entities to share common space, such as our registrar, events, and student activities.
- EMS is really good at providing data. The query builder allows you to pull a lot of data to answer a lot of questions.
- Using the Web App is extremely helpful to reservation coordinators. Allowing users to search for their own space reduces the number of phone calls from those looking for available rooms.
- EMS is great for maintaining our event services inventory. It helps prevent us from double booking gear.
- I’d love it if, when EMS changes features they can provide an ‘off’ switch. So I can disable the new wonderful feature that my users hate.
- U of R has been using EMS since 2003. In that time we’ve been able to more efficiently manage space usage.
ProAV- proprietary AV management software. EMS was in use at the university when I started in 2004.
Because we can grow how many users and departments are using EMS. And there are many add-on we can look at to add functionality.
- Recently integrated with Lennell card readers. Still testing but this allows us to schedule the unlock/lock of rooms without needing to send a person.
I like how configurable EMS is currently. I’m always happy when they add more parameters at the process template level, rather than having everything set globally.