EMS the Easy Way
Updated August 25, 2019
EMS the Easy Way
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with EMS Software
We use EMS to schedule all our classes in our NU System and State Colleges; we are utilizing Academic and event scheduling. We have also spread our use to individual departments and all colleges at each of our campuses. Some of our areas are still slowly growing into it but will be fully utilizing it within the next year.
- Academic Scheduling works really well with the Sync and Publish tools
- Event Scheduling and the ability to leverage templates to the specific user groups
- Workflows in the 44.1 version have improved greatly and help with the automated reporting is a great feature.
- A deeper workflow would be great to help with a few of our more complex issues
- Integrations of O365 to work more seamlessly with EMS web
- We have reduced number of overall systems needed to accomplish these tasks and reduced our footprint of tools
We looked at a few other tools for academic and events but found that EMS is a more comprehensive tool that covers both Events and Academics very well.
EMS scales overall very well, we have had some issues with the database after expanding to a state wide operation so some of our areas are having issues opening and accessing data.
Very open API to configure and connect to other tools or programs. We have been able to integrate with our Visix and FourWinds signs very well. Our goal is to connect to our door controls and HVAC controls in the near future.
The original need to expand EMS was to help with our need of Students to schedule study spaces without intervention from a person and we found that EMS did what we needed very well. We were able to build a template for our students to jump online and schedule the specific room and time they wanted their study space.
Using EMS Software
10000 - We use this for a four campus system, all registrars and special events teams use this to manage hundreds of buildings and thousands of rooms currently. We have over 30000 students who have access to the web portal for reserving study spaces. This makes managing multiple campus spaces much easier for all and automated process for many of them.
14 - We have a full systems groups to manage the applications aspets and them have several staff on each of our four campuses to help maintain the special event spaces and also manage all the classrooms schedules for thousands of classes weekly. Our four campus system and state colleges have been implementing and updating over the last year.
- Special Event space management
- Classroom space
- Student Spaces
- Outdoor Spaces
- Managing a departments many cars
- Managing multiple type of student spaces
- Managing multiple video rooms
- Growing into using more automated processes
- Streamlining certain rooms and taking hands off approach
- Working on managing some of our parking spaces
We are only in our second year of expanding EMS system-wide and have made some great investments into growing our management of the system and also integrating into more of our campus systems. We are building out our group management for the templates to easier maintain active employees and students using our automated front of house systems.