We use Entrinsik Informer in every department of the college and it has revolutionized data reporting and analysis. We have used it to automate and streamline workflows and processes which has saved the college thousands of dollars in labor. Thanks to the simplicity and customization of pulling dating from various data sources, we have been able to generate reports from sources that were not previously possible. We are now able to provide consistent, accurate, and up to date information for all of our students, faculty, and staff. Entrinsik Informer has not only transformed our environment, but has created a mindset that causes all of us to find ways of improving our workflows.
- Report Scheduling - Provides options to email reports on a routine basis as well as export to other locations to meet any additional scripting needs.
- Multiple Data Sources - We have been able to pull data from SQL as well as Unidata databases.
- Would like to see more detailed documentation on how to use certain features.
- Would like to have more control over certain operations that take place at runtime so that certain calculations could take place as the report was run.
- Would like to have the capability of conditional formatting so that a value may be highlighted if it matches a certain condition.
- Better customer service - We are able to provide students with up-to-date course schedules so that the information is no older than 5 minutes. This allows them to make informed decisions and lets them know when changes have taken place.
- Increased employee efficiency - We have used Entrinsik Informer to create reports that are run every semester. Previously, they were having to be generated manually several times per year. This has also led to less keying errors.
- Automation - Entrinsik Informer allows information to be exported to other servers on a schedule. This allows us to automatically create user accounts and class enrollments on our Moodle site.
We continue to find new ways of using Entrinsik Informer to improve the workflow of processes in the college. It has already saved us so much time and money and we recognize that there are other opportunities that have not been identified yet.
The only instances in which Entrinsik Informer would be considered less appropriate is in cases when a software package containing a database already has customizable reporting features. We have a Dell Kace vk1000 system that contains a SQL database. The structure of the database makes it very difficult to pull information together in a way that is meaningful.