Overall Satisfaction with Epicor ERP
- Custom engineering and manufacturing are supported extremely well because of the engineered to order system coupled with the "part on the fly" capability.
- The data can be easily exported to an Excel spreadsheet, if necessary, and manipulated there for analysis. Updatable dashboards allow data to be viewed/changed/entered using a grid type of layout so multiple records can all be seen at one time.
- Toolsets that allow us to customize the software as little or as much as we like to meet our business needs.
- Maintenance costs are higher than they should be.
- The switch to SSRS reporting was difficult to say the least. Abandoning Crystal reporting after 10 years is hard to get over.
- Support is a hit or miss. Financial support is good while technical support some times (not always) can take days or longer to resolve an issue.
- Financials that allow us to close month end by the end of the next business day.
- Job costing that allows us to effectively manage our daily margins.
Before a company begins the selection process for ANY new ERP system, they need to look at each business process they have currently and document each one (what are the steps necessary to get the process completed) - i.e., how do they do a quote, how do the do an order, etc. Make sure every step is documented, especially the unique steps for your company.
During the selection process, ask the people from Epicor to show you how this could be accomplished in Epicor, knowing that there may be more than one way. If there are any processes that are unique to your business, explain them and ask the sales rep to demonstrate how those processes could be done using the Epicor software. An Epicor consultant that sits in on your discovery sessions can help point you to the correct areas of the software for better success.