Overall Satisfaction with Epicor ERP
Our company creates custom manufacturing systems for the medical industry. We upgraded to the new version of Epicor ERP because it integrated with SolidWorks. We also needed to implement one master scheduling system for the entire company. Pretty much everyone at our company uses the system – order entry, sales, IT, finance, purchasing, and engineering. We use the system to manage all aspects of the supply chain.
- SSRS to generate reports, and the ability to add fields on the fly, makes presenting data a lot easier.
- User interface with immediate access to information with ability to export to Excel.
- Master scheduling capabilities within the system let us process more orders using the same amount of resources.
- In most screens, the delete button is right next to the save button.
- The software doesn't handle different manufacture types per part very well.
- Receiving a part requires several additional steps that don't make sense for our company.
- The shifting of workload and retraining of employees was challenging but we did it and now we can process more work with the same workforce.
- The advantage to having all of our data in one location to eliminate the tribal knowledge has been priceless.
Even with its shortcomings, we still recommend EPICOR ERP quite frequently. The modules are fairly intuitive and flexible to handle our processes. The support is good to great. There are numerous solutions we get to keep in mind to grow into. We have found that Epicor has truly listened and done their best to accommodate their customer's needs.