Overall Satisfaction with Episerver Content Cloud
We implemented EPiServer to manage our public-facing B2B website. During our website redesign, we integrated our new design and HTML into the system, and additionally integrated the CMS with our marketing automation/email software so that we could use data from that engine within the personalization features that EPiServer offers. It is still in use today primarily by members of the marketing department to make updates to page content or add/remove pages.
- The personalization engine is, from my perspective, one of the primary reasons to choose EPiServer. It works really well, and allows you to make some sophisticated, targeted marketing choices.
- EPiServer also is very developer-friendly, with an extensive and flexible API set.
- Honestly the biggest challenge we had was not with the product but with the EPiServer sales team and implementation partners. At the time at least, their sales reps just didn't seem all that interested in making a sale! It took forever and felt like a sluggish process. Additionally, they would not let us independently evaluate their implementation partners, but pushed us to work with one particular partner. We started the project with this partner but for various reasons having mostly to do with their account management capabilities and the chemistry between us, the project imploded and we had to start all over again with another partner. This setback in our timeline could have been avoided if we'd been given the option of evaluating/communicating with a few partners and making our own selection that was best for our team.
- Overall, the team has been satisfied with the CMS and finds it easier and faster to make updates to the web site than with the previous CMS system.
- If I had it to do over again, I'd have no problem choosing EPiServer, but I would make sure that my implementation made better use of their out-of-the-box features rather than relying on so much custom development at the page-level.
- eZ Publish Platform,Cascade Server,Sitecore Web Content Management,Ektron Web Content Management System
We chose EPiServer because of its superior API flexibility and ability to use the integrated data within its system.
EPiServer seems well suited for integrations with other systems, although definitely consider that it will take custom development work to make those integrations happen.
Optimizely Content Management System Feature Ratings
Using Episerver Content Cloud
15 - Marketing