Overall Satisfaction with erwin Data Modeler
Erwin Data Modeler was used by our DBA and Data Architecture to design new data models and document the existing physical databases by reverse engineering them.
- Creation of logical data models
- Reverse engineering
- Excellent communication tool in conversations with Developers and BAs
- As a company, Erwin provides lots of tutorials and how-tos.
- The main con I can think of is cost.
- It takes time to setup and learn which is an adoption barrier.
- It is difficult to assign a monetary value to it. The initial learning curve was fairly long.
- It allows us to have better support documentation.
- It allows ease of communications between functional units.
We, actually, previously used WebSphere Data Architect. Erwin's product is more flexible and has many more interfaces. It integrated well with Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL environments. It also has a better visual representation and better reverse-engineering capabilities.
We did not have to call for tech support, but there is a lot of useful information and "how-tos" coming from the company.
Do you think erwin Data Modeler delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with erwin Data Modeler's feature set?
Did erwin Data Modeler live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of erwin Data Modeler go as expected?
Would you buy erwin Data Modeler again?