ESET can't be beat
May 25, 2018
ESET can't be beat
RobbJack CorpAviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ESET Endpoint Security
We use ESET for our computers/servers and have been for 7 years. We had been looking for a antivirus with good value, good reviews, low system resources, and a management console for administration. ESET fit that. Once set up, it's very easy to manage and control clients. All computers connected to the network have it installed, and we've had little to no issues with viruses since.
- Management console is great for IT admins. You can setup policies, scans, computers, push install software/updates, view everything from one program
- ESET was very low in system resources, it doesn't slow the PC down while scanning, which a lot of other AV did
- ESET was a good price with good reviews, perfect for what we need, and reputable so you know it's good.
- The program update procedure can be a bit difficult. It doesn't just auto upgrade major versions, you have to apply them a certain way if you want to manage them via the remote console. Not all the latest versions work with the remote management software.
- Low/No downtime for computers, they never get infected, thus we never need to spend time fixing infected machines.
I'm a huge fan of ESET, the other companies seem to have either gone off the deep end by adding advertisements or they add too much and slow down the whole program, which slows down the whole PC. I haven't heard others with the same reputation as ESET either, I know of many people who prefer ESET over others as well.
If you are a lone IT, or have a very small team, but need to manage many computers, ESET is great. I use it at home too, so I trust both the business and home versions. They have protected me many times, i've yet to get infected since installing. Hard to say where it would be less appropriate, everyone should have some form of antivirus installed.