Reviews (1-19 of 19)
I love using Google Domains because Google has gotten it figured out on how to make hard things easy. I am a huge user of all products by Google. Google is a champ at taking something that is hard and making it so easy that anyone can figure it out. Google Domains is no different. Google has created a way to purchase and manage your Domains with ease. I love that Google offers this service to its customers. It is very easy to use and literarally takes seconds to find the domain you want to purchase and complete the checkout process.
- Affordable Pricing: No promo codes are needed.
- It's very easy to purchase a domain.
- Very easy to maintain your domain once you have purchased it.
- It's designed so that anyone can use it.
- Some kind of ability to work to obtain domains that are owned by someone else.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
If you have limited knowledge about how domains work and how to purchase one, then Google Domains is the place to shop. Google Domains is designed by the same company who brought you Gmail and Chrome Web Browser, both products which are amazing. I love Google Domains because it is so easy to purchase a new domain, and it is super easy to maintain your purchased domain. The pricing is very affordable, and you do not have to jump through hoops for a great deal.
April 19, 2019
We are currently using Google Domains for our restaurant group. We have 5 concepts and different managers, webpages, etc for each. Google Domains is seamless, and honestly, we don’t even notice it’s there!! It is perfect for our needs and in general very well liked, used, and gives little technical errors.
- Very smooth technology. No glitches or meltdowns.
- Good value for the money- we can attach aliases to existing email accounts minimizing the number of users we have to spend money on hosting.
- Great web page hosting - we have never had an issue with hosting, maintenance, etc.
- Easy to use administrator interface
- In the infrequent occasions that there is an issue or question that comes up, they could REALLY improve customer support. To be honest, the support is nonexistent and requires you to read through loads of technical FAQs and write in, which is very frustrating. Luckily there are so few issues with it that you really don’t have to worry!
Read Suzy Vera, MBA's full review
For us, Google Domains is a great product. It hosts our sites and emails with LOADS of space. We are a small to medium-sized business that services about 500 clients a day and have a good amount of web traffic. It may not be the best for a very large company as I am not sure how scalable it is.
September 24, 2019
Google Domains is being used across our whole district. It's great getting all of our tech information in one area. Very easy to use and we are able to register our websites using this service. If you need to transfer domains as well Google is able to do that with little stress involved.
- Easy to use for non tech savvy businesses.
- Ability to transfer a domain to them is very easy.
- Simple GUI
- More expensive.
- Google Domains does not have country designated TLD
- Google Domains is NOT hosting.
Read this authenticated review
Google Domains is very well suited for the person who wants to easily and quickly buy a domain.
February 08, 2019
As a side job, I do independent contract work in web design & development for small businesses & musicians. Google Domains has quickly become my top recommendation to clients because it is easy to work with & easy to teach the client how to use in order to make their own updates & customization once my initial work has been completed.
- It is affordable, which makes it great for small businesses, artists, musicians, & other creatives.
- It has user friendly tools & integration that allow someone with little to no knowledge of coding to take control of their online presence.
- It includes a custom email with your domain, rather than as an upcharge.
- Would love to see more integration with tools like Constant Contact or other email marketing tools.
Read Lori Scarmardo's full review
I believe it is well suited for the average small business owner, artists or musician who is looking to create and maintain their own website without the need for specialized coding or design knowledge. It allows anyone to create a professional, robust web presence to support their business quickly and easily.
November 18, 2018
I've used Google Domains for my consulting company, GeoActive Group, website and associated subdomains. Previously I've used two other domain registration services over the last decade.
- Google Domains' ease-of-use is one of the key benefits when compared to other services that I've used
- Google Domains is integrated with complementary services such as Google Sites (which I also use)
- Google Domains' registration fee includes contact information security at no additional cost
- Google Domains' first level support is self-help online support. 24/7 online chat support is also available. This support is for 'experienced' users
- Making recorded video tutorial available for the various features would be helpful to novice users
Read David H. Deans's full review
If you are experienced with Domain Registration services, then Google Domains is an excellent low-cost service provider with the features that most users require. If you utilize other Google services (such as the G-suite), then you will appreciate the common user interface for their SaaS offerings. Users without prior experience with Domain Registration services may find the configuration process too complicated and the support options inadequate for their needs.
September 03, 2018
I use Google Domains for my own professional website, which is hosted elsewhere. I chose Google Domains because of how much they charge for a .com domain per year. I'm sure there are better prices out there, but since I'm already using a few of Google's other products and services, Google Domains is the way for me.
- Google Domains is easy to use, from searching for your URL, to paying for it.
- If you already have a Gmail account, you don't need to create a new login to use Google Domains.
- $12/year for a .com address isn't a bad price to pay at all.
- The main interface could use an update to bring it in line with the rest of Google's products.
- I'd like to see more domain suffixes available.
- If Google Domains also offered hosting with Google, that would be cool, too.
Read Cameron Aubernon's full review
Do you want your own URL? Do you already use Google's products and services at work and at home? Do you not want to have to think too hard about how to set up and pay for your dream URL? Then Google Domains will be your best friend. You simply can't go wrong, unless you don't want a URL, of course.
April 12, 2018
As an avid Google user on all systems, we gave Google Domains a try. It is great for small business owners and for our company. We can cut out the middleman we usually go through to get our Domains through Google. It gives users a simple and easy way to search and buy domains.
- Process of buying a domain with Google Domains is easy
- Payment was simple - can use Google Wallet and other forms of payment.
- After purchase, you can quickly build a website with one of their partners.
- Email forwarding add-on for free.
- Domain pricing was not the lowest on the market. Good but not the best.
- Transferring certain types of domains is trickier than expected.
- Lacks any sort of bulk capabilities for those with lots of domains.
Read Erin Ruoff's full review
Single domain users and small businesses, yes. Great for those just needing one domain and an easy interface to build or buy their website. For those with a bunch of domain names to house them all, Google Domains isn’t the place for you. They are lacking in the bulking capabilities that GoDaddy and HostGator provide.
June 20, 2018
I use Google Domains as first choice for my clients and myself for many reasons. Most importantly, for GSuite and the many other integrations that are available. It is super clean and easy to understand immediately. There is laser like focus when I am on the platform with no distractions so I get about the business of domain registering, building, and connecting. Transfers from one domain owner to another, in my experience, have been fast as well. There is no guesswork, blind pricing, constant upsells, etc. It is just flat out...domain. I like that.
- Clear Pricing Structure
- Clean interface with no distractions
- Integrations with other apps
- Google Domains shows you clearly when the domain expires, however, when it is auto-renewed, all you see is a circle of two arrows. I would to either hover and it tell me when it is renewing or have the date and stating Auto Renewal.
- It is still in Beta. They could kill the project, which is an uncomfortable thought. I would like them to take it out of Beta.
- Email and MX records I have had to get support with several times. It would be great if there was a link right at the bottom or top of the dashboard for a tutorial with the information to put into the records correctly. It would save a lot of time and research.
Read Renea Hanks's full review
Google Domains is well suited for any company that wants simple pricing with no games and a need to link their professional email same day. This will get it done quickly. Google Domains also makes it incredibly easy to verify your website for Google Search Console and Google Webmasters. Being able to link it to My Business Google account is another great point and verification is obviously faster.
June 11, 2018
We use Google Domains to create and manage emails for our employees. Its user interface makes it super easy and fast to do so! Also it integrates well with other Google products and that helps us a lot in our field.
- UI Simplicity
- Ease of use
- The ability to backup your emails before deleting a certain account
- The only problem with Google Domains is that you only have access to the basic domain extensions. The new, cool domains are only available on GoDaddy and other providers. Hopefully this will change soon.
- Domain pricing was not the lowest on the market.
Read this authenticated review
One huge benefit to using Google Domains is that everything can potentially and likely be linked together - mail, spreadsheets, documents, domains, etc. It is easy to find once in your account, and it's also pretty cost-effective, from what I've seen. Google Domains is definitely efficient and worth checking out. While it does not offer support for all domains, it has access to a majority of them, which is more than I can say about certain competing products.
March 27, 2018
Google Domains has made it so easy to manage our domains. They keep everything centralized, and keep you updated of renewal dates, costs, etc. We used Google Domains to connect with many other platforms we used, and to properly maintain our branding platform and marketing site. I was the only one who managed the Domains account since we were a small team.
- Very easy purchasing process
- Excellent prompts for domains to consider
- Always gave timely updates on upcoming deadlines
- Sometimes they use a bit too much jargon so I had to read something 3 times to fully understand what they were saying
Read Brad Price's full review
Honestly, I can't think of a scenario where Google Domains is not well suited. If you're seeking to buy and maintain a domain, link to other platforms and keep everything centralized and easy, I think Google Domains is your best bet. Reliable, easy and consistent. I would recommend the platform to anybody.
December 04, 2017
Google Domains was used by our support, sales, and executive departments at two separate companies where I was primarily dealing with implementation and heavy emotional-labor. Google Domains addressed the problem of disjointed email - it is popular and I never had a problem as far as "How do I attach..." or "How do I accomplish..." the UI is very straightforward and folder/label making is easy. Support could easily insert images in-line in emails, and overall Google Domains felt like the best choice for our smaller companies of 10 - 100 employees. I saw fewer mistakes and less email faux pas made by colleagues in Google Domains than in Outlook.
- Labeling and folders. It is easy to set up Google Domains to autodetect words in inbound emails and then pre-sort the emails appropriately.
- Ease of use for executive staff and very good email portability to mobile phones or iPads.
- UI - it is much more intuitive in my opinion than Outlook.
- Forwarding - again much more intuitive than other email platforms.
- Google Domains is pretty good at pre-solving email faux pas such as reply all mishaps. Perhaps a built-in email monitoring tool such as knowing when a customer opens up an email would be good. You can get these features with integrations, but what if it was an internal Google product? Might be nice
- Email masking was a bit difficult to figure out, but nothing you can't discover with a few Google sessions.
- I wish I could see more insight into time zones that my customers are in, or scheduling calls on Gcal with timezone awareness. I know this is super hard to code around though.
Read Becky Jewell Laughton's full review
I've seen Google Domains work perfectly and perform well for companies of 10 - 100 people, or it is good for just the executive tier of a larger organization to use. There are so many integrations you can run with Google Domains - Salesforce, Zendesk - half of the ROI is the ease of use of Google Domains, the other half is that just about every company has an integration that can run with it.
November 30, 2017
It's used for all domain registrations. Instead of using a myriad of other registrars like DreamHost, Gandi, or any of the others, everything is registered through Google Domains. It has a nice interface and integrates well with other Google products, which we make pretty heavy use of.
Read Tyler Longren's full review
If you're registering a domain name, chances are Google Domains is all you need. Unless you need a specific TLD that Google doesn't have the ability to sell, you'll be able to register .com, .net, .io, .org and many other TLD's. Especially well suited if you're already using Google for other things. If you're unsure of Google's ability to adhere to the "don't be evil" phrase, you may want to stay away from Google Domains.
August 31, 2017
Google Domains has competitive pricing and it's very simple to purchase/register a domain. I have purchased several domains and never experienced any issues. It's also easy because there is no need to create a whole new account with another company/website if you already have a Google account.
- Easy sign up with existing Google account.
- Very quick process from checking domain availability to buying the domain.
- Affordable and competitive domain pricing.
- Registering a domain is pretty straightforward and I did not see any particular areas of improvement at this time.
Read James McQuillin's full review
Google Domains works great for both business or personal websites.
April 12, 2017
Google Domains is being used across the whole organization. It helps with getting domains for our websites. What we also like is that it integrates into other Google products that we currently use - such as Gmail. It's very simple, customer service is great, and it's easy to use - which is why we like it over other domain services.
- Integration with Google Suite.
- Simple and easy to use.
- They don't try to oversell me.
- Integration with other website.
- Easy interface.
- It's on the more expensive side of domains.
- Overall, it's hard for me think of different things I need. It's already a great product.
Read Brian Chung's full review
It's great for anyone that wants to buy a domain. It's easy to use and easy to understand. If you are brand new to the website world, google domains is the easiest to understand (vs. GoDaddy), especially if you are already using to existing Google products. If you are low on money, then go with another domain service - they usually have coupon codes to make it less than $2 for your first year.
April 03, 2017
Currently we're using Google Domains for our non-profit's founder's book website. We set up a simple book website using one of Shopify's great templates and wanted folks to visit a custom website rather than something that showed Shopify.com in the URL address. Google Domains has given us a very clean new website URL to direct our audience to.
- The setup for a new domain is super quick and easy.
- The interface for setting up our new domain was very easy to navigate and provided some powerful tools if we really wanted to improve our analytics and integrations with other features they offer.
- Their pricing was very competitive to other services we looked at and it allowed us to purchase it connected to our Google Admin, so all of our data is in one place.
- If they offer a nice website builder like GoDaddy does, I could see that being an improvement.
- I think they could do even more to add features that someone looking for a domain would also need for next steps.
- They could integrate with even more third-party providers for webhosting.
Read Jared DeLong's full review
I'm not sure what areas it would be less appropriate. I think buying a domain name is a pretty simple task. The only situation I can see it maybe not being an advantage is if you wanted to use a tool like GoDaddy's website builder or something that integrates with your domain.
March 22, 2017
I use google domains to register and manage my website and email for my company.
Read Paul Lipman's full review
- Simple and quick way to set up your domains and transfer them as well. Good link to G Suite Admin Console.
- Good reminders when you need to renew your system.
- Easy ability to perform domain forwarding.
- Allows you to choose custom name servers.
- Ability to customize your resource records easily, although needs some work on detailing this for the novice.
September 16, 2016
We use Google Domains to register and manage domain names for our own web properties. We also recommend Google Domains to our clients when they have a need for domain name registration. Google Domains is an alternative to GoDaddy and we prefer it because it's very easy to see and change domain settings quickly.
- The interface of Google Domains is far better than GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc., (no distracting ads, popups, weird checkout processes).
- It's really easy to set up Google Apps (or email forwarding if that's needed).
- Domain privacy is included with the purchase of a domain.
- You'll have to get your SSL certificates somewhere else. A lot of people prefer to buy it at the same place they got their domain. Unfortunately, you can't get them here.
- Google Domains doesn't have a Domain Auction area. So, if you're looking to auction off domains, you'll have to do it somewhere else.
- I'd like to see some basic troubleshooting tools and more integration with other Google products (like Search Console, Analytics, etc).
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
Google Domains is great for people and businesses that want to buy (or transfer in) domains. It's really easy to set them up quickly without trying to dig around to find common domain management options. However, it's not so great if you are looking to auction off domains or if you need to buy SSL certificates and hosting from the same company (since those aren't offered yet).
September 12, 2016
We're using Google Domains for our company's domains as well as those of our clients when needed. The features that we use the most other than simple domain registration and configuration of A, CNAME, TXT, and other records are email forwarding, subdomain forwarding, auto renewal, and privacy controls. The ability to make your registration private for free is excellent as most other registrars require payment for this, often essential, service.
- Very efficient interface for searching domain options when looking to make a purchase.
- Wide range of domain extensions.
- Easy process for transferring in domains from other registrars or transferring out of Google Domains.
- No support for sharing the management of domains.
- Error messages related to existing records when adding multiple values to something like a TXT record are confusing.
Read Michael Prentice's full review
It's the best option out there for registering domains that need to be managed by only one person. For many cases, especially in consulting, this is unacceptable as the domain may need to be managed by multiple administrators. Other services support this, but Google Domains does not have this feature yet.
I use Google Domains for many of my own domains.
- Free private registration
- Easy integration with Google Apps and Google App Engine
- Great selection of TLDs
- Easy integration with many hosting providers
- Some more advanced features are more hidden or simplified, which keeps things simple for less advanced users, but makes things more confusing for power users.
- If you are not taking advantage of the free private registration, prices can be higher than some competitors, like Namecheap.
Read Zachary Yaro's full review
Google Domains is excellent if you want to use Google Apps or Google Cloud Platform with your domain, as it makes setting up that integration very simple and straightforward. If you want a cheap domain and/or do not care about private registration, other competitors might be a little bit cheaper.