FireMon consolidates wellhttps://www.trustradius.com/firewall-security-managementFireMonUnspecified7.8561012019-04-13T20:23:36.892Z
April 13, 2019
FireMon consolidates well
Score 8 out of 101
- Policy Optimizer
- Risk Analyzer
Overall Satisfaction with FireMon
Both the networking and security departments utilize FireMon to do configuration and rule reporting across multiple firewall products and vendors. This includes utilizing FireMon to check for changes in firewall policy or troubleshooting if a connection should be allowed/denied through multiple firewalls.
- It finds unused or shadowed rules and shows them to you well.
- It makes auditing of baseline standards easy.
- Makes it easy to search across multiple firewalls.
- Makes it easy to see if traffic should get through the firewalls.
- Sometimes the search filter syntax doesn't make it easy to find what you are looking for. It uses its own syntax.
- Lacks the ability to go back in time and create a compliance report from older data.
It seems that you could get to a very large and/or heterogeneous environment and it will still give you the data you need.
- FireMon has had a positive impact on analyst and engineer time to locate and report on policy data.
We utilize multiple firewall vendors and types, and FireMon presents the data the same which is very helpful for interpreting the data.
FireMon saves time for analysts by letting us create compliance reports that look at only the segments that we need and don't overwhelm us with data that isn't needed for that report.