Forcepoint Web Security - Our go to WebFiltering platformhttps://www.trustradius.com/cloud-computing-securityForcepoint Web SecurityUnspecified7.9341012019-06-21T16:23:49.063Z
June 21, 2019
Forcepoint Web Security - Our go to WebFiltering platform
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Forcepoint Web Security
We have been using Forcepoint Web Security for 3 years now. We have used WebFiltering systems since we started in 2006. Our first experience was with SurfControl which was acquired by Websense which was acquired by Forcepoint. We are not new to this. We use Forcepoint Web Security across our entire organization as part of our Forcepoint suite (we also have Forcepoint Email Security). We have always tried to help users with this massive spam problem that everyone has and we use it to monitor and protect our users from going to unwanted websites and non productive sites.
- Protects users from non productive sites so they can focus on work
- Protects users from unwillingly entering unwanted sites like pornography and malicious content sites
- Allows us to deploy internet access per groups with particular categories that fit their job functions
- Setting it up can be complicated. Not for low level IT people with less experience.
- Forcepoint Support can improve. Slow response times and usually they think that the user has a high level IT background.
- Forcepoint core updates are used in marketing campaigns but when you call support they recommend not updating to a higher version because of problems and bugs. Why market new improvements and new features if they do not work?
- ROI is troublesome to analyze. The software is expensive and you can't really put a dollar amount on users' internet activity.
- Like I mentioned before, configuration is the key. One main issue we have is users not having correct internet use policies. We only handle about 800 users, can't imagine thousands.
We are currently not using this feature.
We have seen some ACE but it is not our day to day tool. It is a great tool but we are not utilizing its full potential yet.
We currently use Web Security but have not enabled DLP. We do use it on our Email Security part.
Great categorization. Have found maybe 3 sites that were not categorized correctly but have been fixed quickly by support. It works as good as you configure it. Correct configuration is a must. This is not an application that will partially work. If all components are not configured correctly it won't work at all. At least this is my experience.