Overall Satisfaction with FreshBooks
At iAG Energy, we use FreshBooks as our main source of invoicing our clients. In addition, we encourage our vendors to invoice us using FreshBooks as well. The main departments that use FreshBooks are our Accounts Receivable Dept. and our Accounts Payable Dept. It helps us keep track of all our invoices and keeps the entire process very organized.
- FreshBooks allows us to see which of our clients have invoices that are still unpaid. It is very easy to to categorize invoices by groups, which identifies very clearly which invoices are still open.
- FreshBooks notifies us when a particular invoice is opened, reopened, paid, or disputed. Obviously, this is a great organizational tool.
- FreshBooks has many customized settings which can be used to your particular needs. For example, we take advantage of the "Reminder Emails" feature which we have automatically sent out to our clients at particular intervals.
- The search bar could use improvements. It will not pick up on spelling mistakes, and will therefore not find the invoice or client you desire unless the spelling is perfect. This can get frustrating. Additionally, it would be nice to broaden the search by allowing you to search by name, phone #, invoice #, invoice text, address, etc. all in a single search.
- Default email text that is sent to client with their invoice is the same for all your invoices. Therefore, it has to be general and cannot be specific to the service provided.
- Our collections have improved vastly since we started using FreshBooks. We are able to easily keep track of all monies owed and follow up on those delinquent invoices. I cannot give an exact figure, but would venture to say that we are getting paid twice as fast on average.
- Productivity and time are some other areas that have been aided with the use of FreshBooks. Invoicing is much simpler and therefore takes significantly less time. This increases productivity and frees up time for other areas of our business
Like I have mentioned throughout this review, we are very satisfied with FreshBooks and it has been an invaluable tool. We would be unable to function without a system such as this. To be honest, similar products do exist, but we have no desire to make a change. As the saying goes, " If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Additionally, the costs are very reasonable, especially considering all the use we get from this product.
Overall, it is a very good product that can definitely help the majority of business. The features are widespread enough to make it appropriate for almost any business. That being said, it is not ideal for a company that has very specific needs for their invoicing services. While FreshBook's customization options are acceptable, it is not their strongest quality.