Overall Satisfaction with Genius Solutions
Genius ERP is being used for our manufacturing department. We use it to manage and improve everything from quoting to inventory control/scheduling manufacturing to analysis on financials.
- Product Configuration(the ability to quote customisable products.)
- Inventory Management (Keep shelves stocked with stockable inventory)
- Manufacturing Scheduling
- Genius is great at making it so you can't change a "confirmed" transaction but this limits the ability to easily fix mistakes. I.e., instead of deleting or changing an invoice you have to credit it and remake it. This is makes it easier to track what happened but is tedious when someone made multiple of the same mistakes.
- Being able to track time, cost of outside services and cost of materials has allowed us to trust the accuracy of our product markups and prices.
- Improved inventory control allows us to get products out quicker.
- The ability to sync the database with Power BI has allowed up to have a better picture of our financials and projected cashflow.
Genius had a far better implementation team and had everything we were looking for without having to super customize a product. The implementation was also far easier than expected due to their ability to manipulate spreadsheets and import them in. We are glad we went with Genius due to the flow of the software and the syncable database. The main thing missed about Quickbooks is the ability to easily fix mistakes by deleting transactions or edit them even after they posted. This however made financials less reliable.
Genius is great for analysis data using Microsoft products like Power BI or Excel as it links directly to them. Genius has also helped the work flow of our company a lot by streamlining processes. One process that helps our company a lot is the ability to print all work orders and fabrication/assembly plans in their batch printing module. Printing these would take up to five hours per assembly in Quickbooks and it now takes 10 minutes.