Blackbaud Grantmaking
Joanie Weis | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2018

Blackbaud Grantmaking

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online)

We are a Family Foundation and we use Blackbaud Grantmaking as a means to maintain and track organizations, applications for grants, payments. All of us use it. Eliminated many Excel spreadsheets.
  • One thing I really like about Blackbaud Grantmaking is that I can access the information from anywhere - I don't have to be at my desk. I can access it from home without bringing my laptop home. My boss and colleagues can also access it whenever they want.
  • The Customizer module allows you to personalize/create specific fields that are unique to you and your organization so that you can collect and use the information that benefits you.
  • I wish that I could see more of the information at one time. I spend a lot of time scrolling across the page and having to rearrange my columns depending on what I need to see at the particular time.
  • You are always having to set up Views in order to prevent rearranging columns all the time.
  • I would like to be able to rearrange the Command Ribbon so that I can move the commands I use a lot to the front of the ribbon so I don't have to scroll so much. Too much clicking around.
Already had Blackbaud Grantmaking Classic and we noticed that Classic wasn't being updated as frequently and we were afraid the support would end.
  • Reduced time spent on administrative tasks
  • Better organizational effectiveness
I spend more time on administrative tasks because it is unable to give me data in the format that my Board wants to see it. I wind up exporting a lot into Excel and then manipulating the data to create the reports that are requested.
We don't use anything but Blackbaud Grantmaking
  • I don't know about the ROI.
We really were so pleased with Blackbaud Grantmaking Classic that we really didn't look at anything else.
Can handle lots of data and has a lot of potential as to manipulation but also sometimes, it is kind of clunky to get to the final desired look.