My Feedback
February 06, 2018

My Feedback

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online)

Initially guided by an eligibility quiz, we use Blackbaud Grantmaking to receive and process requests for both sponsorships and grants, as well as to share this information with field personnel for their review and feedback. Although limited, the budgeting function is helpful.
  • Tracking the workflow/status of applications (i.e., if it has been received, vetted, assigned to a reviewer, if the reviewer has looked at it and provided feedback, etc.).
  • It's not as user-friendly as other systems in the sense that fields aren't simply drag-n-drop and a number of set-up features require behind the scenes help from the vendor.
  • Expertise of Blackbaud team
  • Features and functions
Actually, the main reason we went with Blackbaud Grantmaking was due to my familiarity with the product. At the time, we were a staff of two and didn't have time to learn and implement a new system/vendor.
  • Reduced time spent on administrative tasks
  • Better able to communicate with grant reviewers
Other than Razor's Edge and Angel Points (which is a horrible product), I have no idea what else Blackbaud offers. Historically, our account rep, when it was Microedge, reached out to us maybe once a year. Since becoming Blackbaud, it was almost two years before anyone contacted us to see how things were going.
  • Positive - it has certainly streamlined the grants management process and improved tracking and reporting capabilities. Sadly, I can't exactly say by how much.
We also looked at Good Done Great and a couple others. CyberGrants was actually our top choice, but the previous CEO didn't want to sell his product to oil companies or other businesses he disagreed with.
Blackbaud Grantmaking is good for larger organizations with complex processes and/or dedicated staff that has the time to learn how to use it. In my opinion, it is probably not the best for smaller organizations.