10/10 would recommend GiveSmart!
May 25, 2021

10/10 would recommend GiveSmart!

Overall Satisfaction with GiveSmart

Our Development team began using GiveSmart in 2019 for our annual gala - which is our largest fundraiser during the year. Not only did this platform handle the online bidding portion for our auction, but we were able to manage everything for the entire event through the site - ticketing, item donations, guest communication, post-event reporting and our favorite, receipts and tax letters for our donors! We loved that all of our donor information was in one spot and very easy to manage and export.
  • Online Training Tools - these tools help familiarize the user with the platform and ability to maximize all the available features.
  • Price - as a nonprofit organization we were looking for the best "bang for your buck" and GiveSmart proved to be the best! The pricing structure was perfect for what features you receive.
  • User & Guest Friendly - the website is very easy to manage as a user and guests appreciate how visually simple the website is. The ease of moving through the different features on the website was very important, especially during our first year moving to digital options for our event.
  • Guest Communication - we LOVED that emails and text messages could be drafted and sent directly through the site to our registered guests.
  • Post-Event Communication - We have many donors who also provide auction items for our event. I would love to have the option to have the tax receipt include item donations for those that donated in both areas.
  • Email Messaging - I would love to have the option to schedule emails like you can with text messaging. Also, to be able to delete any drafts you have previously saved.
  • Increased audience - in 2020 when we went virtual for our Gala, the ability to open up our auction to a wider audience at home provided a huge impact on not only our auction donations but general donations as well.
I've come across other site's and none have compared to GiveSmart, in terms of looks and usability. Between the customer service & online training tools as a user to the features provided for the user, it's definitely a 10.
The online support has always been helpful, especially when we went virtual last year. The only reason I give this an 8 was for our first year using GiveSmart and the interactions we had with our Event Specialists that were with us in-person. 2 out of the 3 were very personable with our staff and guests. The training that takes place prior to the event with our staff was sub-par. I would definitely take into consideration providing more time to make sure everyone is on the same page for check-ins and check-outs.
I have personally enjoyed designing and customizing our event pages for the different fundraisers we have done! The ability to provide your own design and the simplified process of building your page on top of that has been one of the easiest parts of working with GiveSmart.
Our main focus when originally looking into GiveSmart was for utilizing the online auction portion of the site and it did not disappoint! Between the ability to have item donations sent in directly through the site to uploading all of our item information, the process was so smooth. I especially loved the simplicity of the visual our guests had for our auction items.