Overall Satisfaction with Google Classroom
At my organization we use Google Classroom as the main platform for all classes. All teachers use it and our students love it because they have one-to-one technology and it replaces the old school worksheets and agenda books they are used to (and hated.) It allows us to hyperlink websites, create documents, organize student submissions and keep track of deadlines.
- Hyperlinks: Instead of asking kids to type in long urls, we can hyperlink websites right into their document. This cuts down on time and saves us from lots of possible confusion/mistakes.
- Calendar function: This function helps kids visually keep track of due dates for all their assignments.
- Make a copy: I love the GC makes a copy for each student instead of asking them to do it themselves, this way all the naming protocols are the same and documents can be found easily.
- Parent Portal: So many of my parents request parent access but at this time I can only tell them to sign in under their child's account.
- Tracking more than completion: As students become familiar with classroom they realize they can submit work without doing it, I would love a feature that checks for edits or work completion before allowing submission.
- Edit posted assignments: It is hard to make edits to documents once you have posted the assignments.
- GC helps us individualize instruction by allowing us to use online tools easily.
- GC does present issues for students who have challenges staying on task or paying attention due to its web based format.
Google Classroom (GC) is not the best for math because the keyboard hasn't caught up yet and the Google doc picture function is not easy to use. GC is best for research based classes because the internet (and links) are easily accessible.