January 11, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Classroom
I use Google Classroom to communicate with students. I can use it to post homework, reminders, study guides, etc. I also use it for having students turn in work online. Google Classroom updated their assignment option over the summer and now there is a separate tab within Classroom for posting assignments. It also sends students reminder emails when work is due.
- Student-teacher communication - I love using Classroom for this because my students can always go back and check what was on Classroom by looking through the stream. This way they don't have to go dig through emails to find what they're looking for.
- Posting to multiple classes - I can post the same announcement or assignment to multiple classes at once without having to repeat the process or send separate emails.
- Streamlining grading - when students turn work in on Classroom, it all goes to one place and then when I'm grading I can open their documents directly from Classroom or my Drive folder. This way, I'm not looking through emails and Google Doc shared files for their assignment.
- I would love to see some more options with their quiz formatting.
- They recently changed the look of Classroom and I don't find it quite as aesthetically appealing as it was previously.
- Google Classroom has allowed me to better communicate with students.
- Classroom has helped me to stay organized between my different subject levels.
Google Classroom is well suited to a class where you may have students turn things in digitally and/or you want to be able to push resources or info out to students, as well as assignments, all in one place. It may be less appropriate for a class where you are not having students do much digitally or where you are providing students with paper copies of everything.