Overall Satisfaction with Google Hangouts Meet
I have used Google Hangout Meets for my contact with the team I was mentoring during a hackathon organised by the British Computer Society and establishing some new relationships with potential business partners. I found it very helpful to connect with people regardless of the organisations they belonged to - in the end quite a few people have google account nowadays.
- helped to connect different people
- gave us space to discuss the topic
- enabled sharing other resources
- I found setting up the meeting less intuitive than other similar apps
- I struggle to get back to in-call messages after meeting was finished
- when I first set up the meeting my partners have not got their invitations
- once setted up is easy to use
- serves the purpose if it comes to virtual meetings
- is integrated with Google calendar
If I was to choose, I would go for MS Teams or Skype as it helps me to keep minutes or other notes and get back to them whenever I need. I am not a huge fan of Zoom however depends on how the organiser sets it up it allows downloading chat/minutes that I personally find very useful. Also, both Zoom and Teams allow using of breakout rooms - helpful for bigger meetings.
Do you think Google Meet delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google Meet's feature set?
Did Google Meet live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Google Meet go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Google Meet again?
Google Hangouts Meet is very well suited to have a one-off or a series of meetings with the smaller audience (when we do not expect to use breakouts rooms) that do not include keeping in-call messages. I found also Google Hangout Meet quite a universal tool that does not require any specific software apart from the one that we tend to use on daily basis. If we want to have an ongoing conversation and everything in one place it may not be the best solution.