Overall Satisfaction with Grant Lifecycle Manager
We use Grant Lifecycle Manager for as our primary grants management tool. Grant Lifecycle Manager streamlines the application and decision making process, outcome reporting, some accounting, and organizational reporting. The majority of our staff has some interface with the software.
- Ease of use. Easy for staff to create and edit applications and related forms.
- Robust reporting tool for creating organizational reports.
- Dashboard page to quickly scan application status.
- Able to use electronic grant agreements.
- Automatic email reminders for things like reports due, application submitted, etc.
- Contact management - only one user able to edit application at a time.
- Reporting - requires several filtering steps to get desired data.
- Increased employee efficiency (do not have to spend a lot time chasing down grant agreements or outcome reports)
- Shortened notification and payment time
- Improved customer service/transparency - grant partners able to access their grant documents, view payments, reports, etc.
We are former GIFTS clients. GIFTS was good but expensive for our small organization and had declining customer service. The GIFTS product we owned had several add on modules which added to the cost and made the product disjointed. Foundant's Grant Lifecycle Management was more cohesive and innovative; the customer support and technical assistance is great and the cost is reasonable.
For the cost and capacity, I think this is the best product on the market. Foundations that require a lot of customization and still utilize a lot of paper documents, might want a different product.