November 08, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM)
We use BigFix for patching our workstations, and also for asset management. We have 3000 endpoints that are being patched with BigFix.
- Custom patch packages are easy to set up and allows for use with a repository.
- Asset management by use of agents is simple and allows for user assignment by the device.
- Reporting has a large variety of templates.
- Reports that it does have could be fine-tuned and provide more percentages and charts for executives.
- The ability to use agentless deployments would be nice.
- We've been using BigFix for some time and it has helped us with vulnerability remediation.
- It has reduced our risk level tremendously compared to just using WSUS.
Although it lacks the ability to deploy agentless scanning or patch deployments it makes up in its real-time data of devices do to the use of agents. Compared to our other patch management software Ivanti we believe that it fills the role of workstation management better than Avanti.
Recently we noticed the customer service on the support has dropped compared to when we first deployed the software.
Do you think HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM)'s feature set?
Did HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM) go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy HCL BigFix (formerly from IBM) again?