Reviews (1-2 of 2)
We use BigFix for patching our workstations, and also for asset management. We have 3000 endpoints that are being patched with BigFix.
- Custom patch packages are easy to set up and allows for use with a repository.
- Asset management by use of agents is simple and allows for user assignment by the device.
- Reporting has a large variety of templates.
- Reports that it does have could be fine-tuned and provide more percentages and charts for executives.
- The ability to use agentless deployments would be nice.
Read David Baca's full review
BigFix does one thing really well and that is patch deployment. The use of agents allows for real-time reporting so you know the status of each device prior to deploying any new patches.
It is being used by a medical school within the University. The product helps the school manage endpoints and servers including inventory, patching, software distribution, reporting, and certain configuration managements.
- It is easy to add systems into BigFix and keep good inventories.
- The inventory properties can be customized to facilitate various reporting demands.
- The patching function is difficult for RedHat Linux servers, and can be improved.
- The site configuration and access control appears to be cumbersome.
Read this authenticated review
The product does a good job with hardware and software inventory, and some basic or simple software distribution. It is designed to patch computers, including Windows and Linux, but this function can be improved for robustness and more compatible with the OS vendor's method.
BigFix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
BigFix, now supported by HCL Technologies since the acquisition of BigFix from IBM in 2018, is an endpoint management solution providing endpoint visibility and IT asset discovery, automated endpoint patching (BigFix Lifecycle and BigFix Patch) policy enforcement (BigFix Compliance), and software asset discovery for licensed and unlicensed software (BigFix Inventory).
BigFix Technical Details