Detailed Hospice Charting
November 01, 2020
Detailed Hospice Charting
Employee in Professional ServicesHospital & Health Care Company, 5001-10,000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Homecare Homebase
Our Hospice nurses use it to chart. It does appear to be time-consuming, as they find themselves entering the same information many times over. The more time they spend charting, the less time they have for patient care. There are just too many fields to populate. Our home health services use it for orders, referrals, and authorizations. In that aspect, it works well and we are all happy. I have to log in and authorize orders, which only takes me three steps, I find it pretty efficient. The downside is, I do not believe they have a phone app. Other medical software does, and employees are able to send secure messages and alerts pop up. With this software, I have to remember to log in as there are no reminders and it does not interface with the most common medical software - Epic. I wish they would create an app.
- Signing physician orders is very simple, self explanatory and quick.
- It allows you to track referrals and orders very well and easily.
- It works well on tablets.
- Assessment of patients takes just too long and there are just too many fields to be populated.
- There are different ways to navigate, to arrive at the same information of interest. One has to spend time familiarizing oneself with different options. And in the end, you may not use half of what you learned.
- The calendar does not show holidays. One can mistakenly schedule appointments and then you have to call, apologize, and cancel. It would be nice if the holidays were shown, just like on the phone calendars.
- So far our billing and revenue has increased compared to the prior 3 years.
- On the other hand, nurses and other staff do make more overtime due to the increased charting time.
- The software itself can get costly as each add-on is rather expensive. We have found that just the basic is not enough for our institution. Overall though, it has increased revenue as it allows correct billing which is needed for the insurers.
They explain well, however, it often takes more than 1 day for them to get back to us.
Do you think Homecare Homebase delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Homecare Homebase's feature set?
Did Homecare Homebase live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Homecare Homebase go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Homecare Homebase again?
It works well on an outpatient basis, and for services such as hospice, home PT/OT, and home wound care. It does not work on an inpatient basis and does not work well with patients who have limited ability to communicate or to stay awake, as the assessments have too much redundant information. A healthcare worker can really overstay their welcome in a patient's home while filling out all the required fields, and that can really annoy the patient and family. Families do notice when we spend more time with the technology rather than the patient.