Overall Satisfaction with Hyper-V
Hyper-V is used for very specific workloads within our organization, generally dev and test only. It helps solve the need to virtualize workloads within our environment.
- Hyper-V is easy to manage and has a fairly quick learning curve for people who are used to other hypervisor management software.
- Hyper-V's high availability options are on par with any other hypervisor solutions available, however they do tend to be a little more difficult to configure.
- Storage management is easy to do and the high availability works well.
- We have seen hiccups when losing connectivity to either storage or a network that require manual intervention.
- Would love to see a more striped down version of windows that the Hyper-V hosts get installed on.
- I have not seen any positive or negative impacts on our overall business objectives as we use it primarily for dev and test workloads.