Overall Satisfaction with Hyper-V
We use Hyper-V as for production as for our internal needs. We have several Hyper-V clusters for different departments in our organization - Dev, QA, Ops and IT. First three use Hyper-V for development, testing and deployment. IT uses Hyper-V for internal projects. We also provide solutions hosted on Hyper-V for our customers. Hyper-V helps us to keep our clustered environments reliable, scalable and highly effective.
- Hyper-V is available. It won't take you much time to create your own virtualized environment.
- It's easily scalable. Not a big deal to add more nodes to cluster.
- It's reliable. High Availability goes out-of-the-box.
- Not informative. It's hard to find how much of sources used.
- Logs not so great. It's hard to troubleshoot issues.
- Hard to operate with templates.
- It's a challenge to deploy big amount of VMs at one time.
- It's easy for Windows systems administrators to learn this product.
- It's not picky for hardware it uses.
It's easy to start using this system as for system administrators as for users.
It's much better to use Hyper-V in the big clustered environment, were you do not need to deploy or remove big amounts of VMs everyday. It's also good to use it for personal use on a workstation.