April 30, 2016
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with IBM ClearQuest
IBM ClearQuest plays vital role in my previous organization. It is used throughout the IT section of the organization. We used ClearQuest for capturing signatures of the project team on various documentation required during the project lifecycle. Also change requests and defect management was mainly handled through ClearQuest tool only. I would say ClearQuest is one of the strongest tools in our organization.
- We can create a project in this document and attach all the documentation to get signatures from various team members. This is really helpful for tracking purposes.
- We can create a Project Change Request and get it approved.
- We can log defects of documents and get it resolved from the document owner.
- If you use theweb version, then it's really not good idea to use for sending emails through the tool, as it won't give you the chance to format your email, or modify the receivers list.
- Most of the times people try to sign the WPI record instead of acknowledge it. So the error message should explain to them why they can not sign. People simply gets confused.
- My previous org was using this tool for Quality assurance purposes.
- In the process of projects, this tool was playing a very important role.
Using IBM ClearQuest
3 - We do not need any skills to operate this tool. This tool is pretty simple to use.
- To track signatures of the documents.
- To track change requests.
- To log defects.
- To track ptoject team role wise.
- It was mainly used in process tracking the project.
- We used this tool to maintain CMMI level.
Evaluating IBM ClearQuest and Competitors
IBM ClearQuest Implementation
IBM ClearQuest Training
Configuring IBM ClearQuest
Yes - we have customized the interface extensively - We have customized it according to capability patterns.
IBM ClearQuest Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using IBM ClearQuest
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Do not like to use
Difficult to use
Not well integrated
Feel nervous using
Yes, but I don't use it - In my last organization we used the desktop versions and remote version. Mostly the remote version was used by 99% of the people as you don't have to install any application on your machine. Once you get access you are ready to use this tool. We never used the mobile version of it.