Reviews (1-25 of 354)
- Immersive Share - It converts the shared screen as the virtual background.
- Noise Removal - It enhances the speaker's audio and removes extra background noises. (It is an essential feature for Work from Home)
- Reactions/Gestures - Attendees can respond with emojis, and animated reactions.
- Windows App - The Windows app for Cisco Webex can be made more user friendly and easy to use.
- Sound - The sound breaks a lot of times on low bandwidth.
- Dial In/Call Me - These features are available for a limited country code phone numbers.
1. Meetings (Business, Casual, Personal, Office) - This software is best suited for meetings because of the features like Immersive Share, Noise Reduction, and Sound Enhancement.
2. Webinars or View-only interactions - It can be hosted on Webex or live on Facebook, and can be hosted with crystal clear audio with HD video.
- Ease of setting up meeting
- Ease of voice options, either phone, computer audio.
- Security features to allow a private communication
- The menu system is not intuitive
- Some issues with non-Webex users to connect via audio
- Complicated to navigate compare to competition.
Webex is very stable and usually the quality of the connections and meetings are really really great, if compare to other competitor platforms.
It is very user-friendly which anyone can use without any assistance or help.
- It provide[s] high quality audio and video sharing using advanced codecs.
- We can share the screen with anyone.
- We can share a document easily And, video share works well on the platform.
- Chat and private messaging.
- Screen control doesn't work sometimes.
- There should be a sound when someone raises their hand.
- App takes a lot of time to start.
It is also well suited to organizations that don't have video conference rooms/facility.
It will be less appropriate when people are in the same building or in same room, it's better to meet inside a meeting room.
It is a very flexible and scalable software. In my organization all the employees are using the Cisco Webex Meetings with their own link of meeting[s] to connect with the team members. A really much needed product by CISCO.
- Share screen and documents.
- User entry and exit notifications.
- That allows you to record the meetings and be able to download them later to see them.
- It consumes a lot of memory resources.
- It consumes a lot of video card resources.
- Sometimes there are audio problems in networks where there are perimeter firewalls.
- Broad collaboration options such as screen sharing, survey, file sharing
- Cloud storage availability for meeting recordings
- Joining a meeting by landline phone from any country, important for international sales
- Secure meetings with up-to-date features such as e2e encryption and tls 1.2
- Landline join feature may have more country options for free
- Provide High quality audio and video sharing using advanced codecs.
- Meeting scripts can be accessed later in case you missed any important point discussed in the meetings.
- Content sharing such as Screen share, document share, video share works well on the platform.
- The platform provides advanced security to the content shared over the call using advanced encryption and decryption technologies.
- Accessing via web application version or via browser is a bit problematic some time. It is bit problematic as some companies don't allows employees to installs application on office laptops.
- Ability to provide good video and content share can be improved for low speed internet connections.
- More customization options can be enabled for the user for his ease of access on the main User interface.
- Simplicity to meet face to face with anyone in the world instantly and with high quality video.
- Robust infrastructure around the world to work without interruption.
- Integrate with most common tools like Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Google Calendar.
- Lots of features.
- Many features available to get the most out of the tool and make it easier to use.
- Wide range of training on the tool and the new features.
- Choose the version that most fits your organization: Cloud, Hybrid or On Premise.
- Possibility to force a virtual background for all users from the Control Hub. This appears to be in development.
- Although the product is number one in large organizations, Webex Meetings could also try to capture markets where word of mouth has better positioned other products such as Zoom.
- I can't really find more areas where Webex Meetings needs to improve substantially. The tool more than fulfills the function for which it was created and competes in a great way with those on the market.
- Good voice quality
- Integration with MS Outlook calendars
- Dial-in phone numbers across countries
- Video meetings consume [a] lot of internet bandwidth
- There can be limits on [the] number of users joining the meeting
- Finding the meeting link can be tricky from the meeting interface
- Suitable for online meeting, presentation, online demo, online event
- Have several licensing scheme[s] for flexible usage
- Can be integrated with outlook and other mail platform[s]
- Integrated with Webex Teams as Cisco collaboration tool
- Less appropriate for [the] home user or small business, they offer limited meeting and feature for free license
- Quite sensitive to low latency, especially for [the] mobile user using unstable connection
- Pay as you grow [the] solution. Only add license[s] when more user need it
- License include[s] Cisco Webex Meetings and Webex Teams. Can be shared for entire departments and sites as needed
- Using cloud storage, so meeting and presentation can be store on cloud. No need to provide on-premise server
- For remote/branch user they can seamlessly join meeting from their endpoint device
- License assignment is very simple using cloud console
- Easy to connect via web app or standalone app.
- Call me feature makes it easy so you don’t have to dial a super long meeting passcode.
- Able to change virtual background
- Chat feature is great
- You can share screens easily
- You can provide or request control of the other user's screen
- The call me feature doesn’t work sometimes and we have to make attendees physically dial in.
- The screen share feature sometimes stops working while in the middle of a meeting but the audio still works. There’s no way to reconnect and continue to share the screen.
- Sometimes Webex automatically mutes you when you switch from sharing your screen to not sharing your screen.
Besides web conferencing, we also use this software for collaboration at the workplace. It is easy to send quick messages, share screens as well as make calls. All these features makes working together a team fun.
We use software across the company.
- Using and understanding the many features of Cisco Webex Meetings is easy thanks to the intuitive user interface.
- The HD quality video and crystal clear audio makes web conferencing a breeze.
- Features such as chat and screen sharing makes collaboration easy and this boosts morale and productivity.
- Making calls is easy and I like that the software is very secure.
- I haven't really experienced any issues using Cisco Webex Meetings. However, I can say it is a bit pricey.
- Another issue is that the software lags when internet is poor.
Cisco Webex Meetings also works well as a workplace collaboration tools thanks to features such as screen sharing and messaging capabilities.
- Hosting and joining meetings from any location.
- Recording meetings and saving them in the cloud for use in the future.
- Integration with Microsoft Office Calendar to schedule and host meetings.
- Phone support is not available for the free trial subscription.
- Being able to send attachments to other team members during chat sessions.
Indirect use of Webex was due to proof of concept (PoC) meetings with vendors. They were inviting us and showing their products on Webex.
The direct use of Webex has been in service before the pandemic as our sales team required a versatile meeting product for overseas customers.
Since the pandemic started, we have been using Webex across all the company varying from executive meetings to team meetings.
- Everything in one place not only meeting, also voice call, surveying, presentation, screen share.
- Stabile and secure tool.
- Land line join to a meeting availability.
- Fast connection.
- Very easy.
- I can observe the video and audio quality.
- It is characterized by being very easy to use.
- Only when I try to share the screen can I observe a period of inactivity or a small connection failure.
- Allows us to connect with our customers where other internal tools do not.
- Viewing what the customer has to show us and what we have to show the customer is a great problem solver.
- Being able to have a team meeting with multiple teams and multiple customers at one time is very time effective.
- Being able to send attachments over the meeting chat would be great.
- Linking the meeting invite to my work calendar could be more simple.
- Best Audio bridge that does the audio mixing and delivery well.
- Best video sharing experience.
- Screen control and screen sharing.
- Recording of the meeting.
- Every time you mute or unmute, the system announces that and that sometimes makes you miss what the other person is saying and there is no option to turn it off yet.
- Native Webex desktop app cannot open the meetings like MS Teams and it takes some time to load the meeting and requires updated plugins.
- Easy to install.
- No special permission needed to run it.
- It is compatible with most systems.
- Low resource requirement.
- When in full screen it is hard to find your options.
- Cost to implement.
- Bland interface.
Also outlook integration feature is very useful to get calendar notifications just before the online meeting.
- Screen sharing.
- Screen control.
- Meeting locking (security feature).
- Ability to adjust media peripherals before joining a meeting.
- Auto reconnecting to meeting when having an internet problem.
- File sharing.
- Screen control doesn't work sometimes.
- Mobile iOS app screen sharing.
- Technical support sessions.
- Team meetings.
- Scheduled meetings.
- On the go remote sessions.
- Audio-only conference calls.
- Training - WebEx is used weekly for an online webinar training series for our whole client base.
- Account Management - WebEx is used daily for system support and one-on-one training with clients.
- Sales - WebEx is used multiple times a month for system demos to potential clients that don't use any of our products as well as current clients that are learning about a product that they have yet to use.
- Teleconferencing is well-done and good-quality. We had left WebEx for another solution and came back in less than 12 months with the teleconference functionality being one of the main reasons why.
- As a meeting host, I like the control that WebEx gives me of the attendees, especially if we are in a forum discussion and there is extra background noise that I need to mute out.
- I don’t know if this is user error but we have issues at times with giving control of a computer to another participant during a Meeting Center session.
- I would like to have more control over the video, specifically being able to make the video camera the source that is shared with others in a full-screen mode.
- As the administrator, I would like to be able to have more branding control.
I have yet to experience a scenario where it is not as well suited.
- Ease of use
- Great quality of audio and video capability
- Can accommodate a large group of attendees
- Can improve the navigation panel even more
- Make the launching of the meeting more seamlessly
- Have more ways to customize the meeting
Webex Meetings Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Webex Meetings?
Webex Meetings is presented as an engaging, inclusive and intelligent video conferencing solution for the modern workforce that aims to:
Make meetings interactive and engaging
· Reduce disruptions with background noise removal and voice enhancement
· Enable audiences to share their reactions with animated emojis and gesture recognition
· Improve audience engagement with next-gen dynamic polling and Q&A by Slido
· Customize the stage layout to focus on the content and people that matters most
Make meetings more inclusive
· Remove language barriers with real-time language translation into 100+ languages
· Ensure everyone’s voice can be heard with anonymous polling/Q&A by Slido
· Encourage everyone to participate with breakout rooms that enable smaller group discussions
Help the user work smarter
· Make meetings more productive with automatic transcriptions, notes and highlights
· Monitor and manage work-life balance and professional relationships with personal insights
Webex Meetings Videos (3)
Webex Meetings Integrations
Webex Meetings Competitors
Webex Meetings Pricing
Starting Price: $12
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Meet + Call Plan||$20.00||user/month|
Pricing available by monthly or annual subscription, with discounts available for annual commitments.
Webex Meetings Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|Supported Languages:||Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|