Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cognos
IBM Cognos is being used for operations, business analytics, planning, business improvement, and budget forecasting to name a few.
- Cognos scheduler works pretty well by sending out reports to groups of users successfully and reliably.
- Cognos framework is pretty effective for modeling data for us.
- Report Studio is fairly reliable and works most of the time.
- There are missing DB2 functions in Cognos that would be useful to have but most of the time I can program around it.
- Event studio could be better, it takes forever to load and crashes frequently.
- Error reporting in Cognos is notoriously non descriptive and very useless. I don't even count on them for much of the troubleshooting I do.
I don't think reports are easy to share between team members and we often have issues with the same reports being worked on simultaneously.