Overall Satisfaction with IBM Enterprise Content Management
Pyramid Solutions is an IBM Premier Business Partner that implements ECM solutions primarily for banking, insurance and state government organizations. We help companies move manual, paper-based processes to capture solutions that convert paper to data and document images, and we couple the capture solutions with automated workflow processes.
- IBM Case Manager is effective at taking complex processes with a lot of parallel activities and automating them into a seamless solution to improve productivity, information accuracy and retention of information.
- Processes can be broken down into defined roles and tasks making it easier for companies to understand how transactions flow through their organization.
- IBM Enterprise Content Management has become a robust suite of complimentary products so there is a "cafeteria plan" to choose from that allows a company to craft a solution that will align tremendously well with their business needs.
- The product suite has tremendous flexibility, but along with flexibility comes complexity. Configuring environments and installing the software so solutions can be implemented requires a broad base of IT knowledge.
- In recent releases, IBM has concentrated on making the UIs across the different software products in the ECM family more consistent, and this has been well received by customers.
- IBM also focuses on making a lot of changes in each release to improve flexibility and collaboration for application developers.
- We have seen our customers realize increased employee efficiency by reducing the amount of time it takes to process a transaction.
- We have seen improvements in customer service because information can be made more readily available to customer service personnel who are fielding service calls.
- We have seen improvements in decision making because processing-related statistics are more readily available to the managers who need the input to make quality business decisions that affect the day-to-day operations.
The IBM ECM suite of products is particularly well suited for deployments with larger numbers of users where there is a lot of complexity to their processes, the work passes between multiple departments or functions, and tasks being processed in parallel have to be completed before the transaction or request can move to the next step in the process.
Using IBM Enterprise Content Management
We are an IBM ECM solutions provider to banking, insurance and state government clients. We do technology stack installations in client test and production environments, and we configure capture, automated workflow and case management solutions to replace existing outdated platforms, or to automate processes that are currently still paper-based and/or manual.
Once our customers make the decision to invest in IBM Enterprise Content Management, it's a long term relationship. There is a significant financial and human capital investment required, so companies look at this as a new platform that they'll be using for 5 to 10 years or longer.
IBM ECM Implementation
Change management was a major issue with the implementation - Change management is almost always a big issue with an ECM implementation because processes will likely change as ECM brings more automation to processes that were manual, or only partially automated. Any automation being replaced with an IBM ECM implementation was often cobbled together on technology not intended for workflow automation. It is important to get the business involved very early in the project so they have input not only into requirements, but can couple that input with a training plan and documentation that will suit them well when the project gets through user acceptance testing and it's time to starting training personnel in preparation for the implementation of their new technology platform.