Score 9 out of 10
Read Scott Maloney's full review
Pros and Cons
- IBM Case Manager is effective at taking complex processes with a lot of parallel activities and automating them into a seamless solution to improve productivity, information accuracy and retention of information.
- Processes can be broken down into defined roles and tasks making it easier for companies to understand how transactions flow through their organization.
- IBM Enterprise Content Management has become a robust suite of complimentary products so there is a "cafeteria plan" to choose from that allows a company to craft a solution that will align tremendously well with their business needs.
- The product suite has tremendous flexibility, but along with flexibility comes complexity. Configuring environments and installing the software so solutions can be implemented requires a broad base of IT knowledge.
- In recent releases, IBM has concentrated on making the UIs across the different software products in the ECM family more consistent, and this has been well received by customers.
- IBM also focuses on making a lot of changes in each release to improve flexibility and collaboration for application developers.