Fast and Intuitive Content Creation
Updated June 12, 2017
Fast and Intuitive Content Creation
National Life GroupFinancial Services, 501-1000 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ion interactive
We have begun using ION Interactive to create digital experiences including calculators, quizes, and informational tours for our online audience. Prior to ION this type of content was created through the use of Flash and other animation/web design software that required a large time commitment from staff and was not easily changed on the fly to comply with market or regulatory changes. ION has greatly streamlined this process allowing us to create richer and more relevant content while keeping pace with industry changes.
- ION's templates have provided us with great jumping off points for our content. We can easily look at the examples and see how our existing content, both digital and print, can be created or enhanced through the presentation offered by ION.
- ION's customer support has been stellar. The support team has helped us learn the system faster and create pieces that would have been difficult if not for their assistance and prompt responses.
- During the on-boarding process ION's staff created a custom theme and color pallet incorporating our branding that we can easily apply to any of the templates already in the system again reducing the time required for us to begin utilizing the tool and creating valuable content.
- Some of the functionality we would like to see in ION's system is only available in a rudimentary form or requires more indepth and customized coding efforts. Specifically the ability to perform complex equations and calculations which incorporate many data points behind the scenes while keeping the visitor facing interface as simple as possible.
- It would be nice to have the training and online support materials available as online articles with step-by-step instructions and visual examples in addition to video tutorials which can be difficult to watch while actively working on a project.
- Providing quick reference sheets for the built in micro-themes would be quite valuable.
- ION has greatly improved employee efficiency in the creation of interactive content.
ion interactive (ION) is well suited to creating content that needs to be timely and easily edited to respond to market changes keeping in mind the fact that it will be hosted through ION's systems. However, if content is core to your business and planned to be used for long term marketing I would recommend it be created using tools that allow you to host it within a company's own systems and not through a third party.
Ion, by Rock Content Feature Ratings
Forms / Gated content
Audience profiling and targeting
Closed-loop tracking and reporting
Content performance analytics
Campaign optimization dashboard
Using ion interactive
4 - ION is used by the marketing team to create interactive content for other business units.
4 - All the primary users of ION are designers by trade. We have a varying degree of experience with online content tools including Flash, HTML, PHP, Java, as well as animation and video editing tools.
- Digital and interactive brochure creation
- Quiz experiences and other learning tools
- We have been able to incorporate video content directly into our interactive experiences allowing us to present more content and information without overloading the viewer.
- We have plans to expand our use of online calculators and quiz tools.
- The creation of content based on visitor selections and data to give a more personalized experience.
ion interactive Implementation
There were a lot of things we learned about the tool once we really got in and got our hands dirty. Being hands-on was essential for our team to be able to utilize ION in the most effective manner.
- Training: The training was fairly intensive to get us up and running on our first projects quickly. ION also created an experience during this period of which translated one of our marketing pieces from print to digital. We were able to use this in our training as well as an example to compare our own projects too.
- Time Frame to Implementation: As a department we are stretched fairly thin and there is not a lot of time in our days to dedicate to learning new software without having to learn on the fly. Between ION's training and support teams we were able to successfully implement this tool and create our first experiences in a timely fashion.
ion interactive Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - The bug was reported unintentionally. I was attempting to create a calculator that combined form functionality with reveal functionality - the support team was quickly able to identify the problem within ION's system that was effecting the calculation and guide me to a suitable work around while creating a ticket to have the bug addressed.
In the creation of our first calculator the support tech was very responsive and proactive in assisting me when I ran into an issue. He not only promptly replied to my initial request for support but followed up and worked to discover the best solution to my problem immediately as well as pushing the matter to create a fix within the system itself to add the functionality I wanted to create.
Using ion interactive
I have found that the learning curve with ION has been quick to jump onto. The more I play within the system the more I learn how to either apply my content to it's capabilities or to modify ION to meet my needs.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
- Creation of experiences using the built in templates.
- Creating responsive content.
- Applying the built in themes and micro-themes.