Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.ExcellentPhoto editing, retouching and manipulation that allow you to give your photos the push they need to be incredible works of art of high quality assets for use in social networks, websites, print ads or any other medium. I use Photoshop regularly to edit photos for clients or friends, as well as to place logos and prepare client resources for publication on social networks,Thanks to Photoshop I can make very high quality images since the program has all the type of tools and options to create the design as I like it totally, I would dare say it is if not the best, one of the best programs of photo editing, is a very professional tool that has many functions and options that require prior study through tutorials or learning from various sources if you really want to squeeze your maximum potential The program allows you through a large number of tools to create, edit and retouch images, videos, illustrations and photographs which gives a treatment with a first quality graphic. In the same way, you can design websites and applications for mobile devices. With the passage of time it has been updated and improved in each version that goes on the market allowing to work in 3D Through this program I have edited images and photographs that are used in my work exhibitions,The Creative Cloud login requests for the locks of our corporate firewall are quite annoying, but without that, no complaints from Photoshop It has a quite expensive price, it is heavy and it could be difficult to work on some computers and if you do not know how to handle it well you will not be able to use it well The only visible disadvantage of this application is the consumption of the machine that it makes in the latest versions, I understand that for possible problems of optimization by Adobe.,8,Photo editing, retouching and manipulation that allow you to give your photos the push they need to be incredible works of art of high quality assets for use in social networks, websites, print ads or any other medium. I use Photoshop regularly to edit photos for clients or friends, as well as to place logos and prepare client resources for publication on social networks. With this program we can show the car piece by piece, and thanks by this program we can sell better cars, and more secure for the people. It helped to increase the productivity and the decrease of time for the design, modification and edition of images or the creation of advertising banners or logos,,Skype, Microsoft Office 2016, AutoCADAdobe Photoshop - Great for branding, marketing materialMy organization uses Adobe Photoshop in two different departments - marketing and events. The marketing team uses PS to create promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, etc. The events team uses PS to create visuals for their events including banners, flyers, etc. Overall, PS is helping us improve our branding.,Like most Adobe products, there are a ton of educational materials on PS that come directly from the source. There aren't many restrictions on PS. I truly believe the possibilities are endless. PS can be used by a multitude of people ranging from beginners in coordinator roles to advanced in graphic design roles.,I think PS could be a little more intuitive. Since there is so much you can do with it, it's hard to know what every function does without in-depth changes. Like most Adobe products, PS is always updating which can make it hard to keep up year after year.,10,Ability to create graphics in house. Saving money by not having to hire graphic design freelancers. Adobe Photoshop has had an overall positive impact on our branding.,,Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC, Google AnalyticsPhotoshop is best in class, for good reasonWe use Photoshop on a daily basis to edit and manipulate graphics and images for use in our online training courses. I use Lectora as an authoring tool but use Photoshop to edit most of the graphics used in our online courses. Three of us in the training department use it daily and a few people in the marketing department also use it often. It addresses the business need of editing graphics.,Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to editing images. We use it for cropping and resizing stock images or other photos that we take. It is great for adding various filters to an image, adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. It is also very beneficial to utilize the layer functionality. I particularly like to use the "generate assets" feature, which makes it easy to export the different layers into individual assets.,It's a little tricky to get comfortable with all of the features in Photoshop, but there are plenty of tutorials online that will help you grasp what you can actually do with the software. It's not the greatest tool to create graphics in. It's better to edit or manipulate existing graphics.,10,Photoshop is well worth the monthly subscription individually or with the whole CC suite. We have needs for Premiere Pro, Illustrator and other Adobe products, so it makes sense for us to pay for the whole CC suite. Photoshop allows us to edit images quickly and has made our workflow more efficient. Because we use Photoshop, we are able to provide visually stunning and engaging online training courses.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change anything if I had to do the evaluation and selection process again. Getting the Adobe CC Suite (including Photoshop) was and still is a no-brainer. It's the industry standard in image editing for a reason. And I would make the same decision every time, at every new job I am hired to develop online training.ADOBE PHOTOSHOPIn my company, Adobe Photoshop is used for two major purposes. One being used by marketers to design graphics content for social media. The other purpose is to design the layout of a website. Further, I have been using Photoshop myself for the past 2 years to manipulate the pictures that I take, as I do photography as a hobby.,Plenty of design tools which can be used easily by anyone to manipulate the image. It's not just about editing pictures or manipulating pictures, but one can do graphic designing too. The learning curve goes very smooth, as you learn to use one tool it gets very easy to learn other tools too.,Buying the Creative Cloud can be a bit expensive for small companies, but it is very efficient. The interface can be a bit boring sometimes. The total Creative Cloud ecosystem could have been a lot better.,8,Easy to use. Value for money if you can easily afford to pay for its creative cloud. It can be self-taught easily.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Final Cut Pro X, SlackPowerful tool for marketing and advertising purposesPhotoshop was used primarily by the design/marketing team, not by the whole organization. It is a robust, powerful app for design and editing, allowing for the department to draft graphics for all occasions. These deliverables of graphic design met the needs of our marketing efforts, including signs, posters, presentation decks, and mock-ups. For brainstorming purposes it worked very well to put ideas to paper that were then iterated in the agile process, and gave other departments and teams the ability to help in the refinement process of marketing deliverables.,Incredible customer support Robust array of tools Versatile and powerful,Brushes are difficult to find/import 3D capabilities are a little forced Maybe more vector capabilities,10,Creating posters and flyers were perfect for marketing purposes Creating awareness of products with these ads increased our user base,Microsoft Office 365,Adobe Illustrator CC, MailChimp, IBM SPSS
Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Adobe Photoshop
Filter 1071 vetted Adobe Photoshop reviews and ratings
Alberto Agreda profile photo
August 28, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Excellent"

• Thanks to Photoshop I can make very high quality images since the program has all the type of tools and options to create the design as I like it totally, I would dare say it is if not the best, one of the best programs of photo editing, is a very professional tool that has many functions and options that require prior study through tutorials or learning from various sources if you really want to squeeze your maximum potential
  • The program allows you through a large number of tools to create, edit and retouch images, videos, illustrations and photographs which gives a treatment with a first quality graphic. In the same way, you can design websites and applications for mobile devices. With the passage of time it has been updated and improved in each version that goes on the market allowing to work in 3D
  • Through this program I have edited images and photographs that are used in my work exhibitions
  • The Creative Cloud login requests for the locks of our corporate firewall are quite annoying, but without that, no complaints from Photoshop
  • It has a quite expensive price, it is heavy and it could be difficult to work on some computers and if you do not know how to handle it well you will not be able to use it well
  • The only visible disadvantage of this application is the consumption of the machine that it makes in the latest versions, I understand that for possible problems of optimization by Adobe.
In order to use the program efficiently and achieve a better quality of work, it is necessary to have the knowledge not only of the use of all the tools that the program has, but also of the basic aspects of photography and design.
Read Alberto Agreda's full review
Lauren Holloway profile photo
June 14, 2018

Review: "Adobe Photoshop - Great for branding, marketing material"

• Like most Adobe products, there are a ton of educational materials on PS that come directly from the source.
  • There aren't many restrictions on PS. I truly believe the possibilities are endless.
  • PS can be used by a multitude of people ranging from beginners in coordinator roles to advanced in graphic design roles.
  • I think PS could be a little more intuitive. Since there is so much you can do with it, it's hard to know what every function does without in-depth changes.
  • Like most Adobe products, PS is always updating which can make it hard to keep up year after year.
Adobe Photoshop is well suited for editing photos and creating graphics. I think a product like Adobe InDesign or Illustrator is better for creating text-heavy documents such as brochures.
Read Lauren Holloway's full review
Danny Wood profile photo
May 22, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop is best in class, for good reason"

• Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to editing images. We use it for cropping and resizing stock images or other photos that we take.
  • It is great for adding various filters to an image, adjusting brightness, contrast, etc.
  • It is also very beneficial to utilize the layer functionality. I particularly like to use the "generate assets" feature, which makes it easy to export the different layers into individual assets.
  • It's a little tricky to get comfortable with all of the features in Photoshop, but there are plenty of tutorials online that will help you grasp what you can actually do with the software.
  • It's not the greatest tool to create graphics in. It's better to edit or manipulate existing graphics.
If you are dealing with graphics/images/photographs on a daily basis, then Photoshop is a necessity. Sure, there are other programs out there that you can edit with, but Photoshop is the most robust and well known tool to use. If you only need a tool to crop an image every now and again or resize an image occasionally, then you could easily get away with other image editors such as Windows Paint, Pixlr or Gimp.
Read Danny Wood's full review
karan datt vashisht profile photo
September 04, 2018

User Review: "ADOBE PHOTOSHOP"

• Plenty of design tools which can be used easily by anyone to manipulate the image.
  • It's not just about editing pictures or manipulating pictures, but one can do graphic designing too.
  • The learning curve goes very smooth, as you learn to use one tool it gets very easy to learn other tools too.
  • Buying the Creative Cloud can be a bit expensive for small companies, but it is very efficient.
  • The interface can be a bit boring sometimes.
  • The total Creative Cloud ecosystem could have been a lot better.
It can be very useful if you have to do minor or hardcore manipulations on an image. Whereas it can be a bit of a gimmick while designing. By using vector graphics everything can be a lot easier. For designing the basic layout of a website and showing it to the developers, it can make the job a lot easier.
Read karan datt vashisht's full review
Jared Hansen profile photo
August 09, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Powerful tool for marketing and advertising purposes"

• Incredible customer support
  • Robust array of tools
  • Versatile and powerful
  • Brushes are difficult to find/import
  • 3D capabilities are a little forced
  • Maybe more vector capabilities
Photoshop is best suited when used to create documents with various or multiple layers. It is also well suited when specifically creating aliased images or documents. This means pixeled documents, that hold their resolution and aren't designed to be scaled up or down. I know that I often use Photoshop for everything, but there are scenarios where other tools are better. Digital painting works better with Krita. Text-heavy things like books or PDFs need InDesign. Things like that.
Read Jared Hansen's full review
Andreina Oropeza profile photo
November 13, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "The best photo editing software!"

Photoshop is one of the most used software in my daily work, creating logos, banners for websites, editing and improving photographs, and making some photographic manipulations. In short, what the customer asks. The company I work in is small, so I use many graphic design, marketing and CMS software. This is just one of the many software that I use, but it's the main one. It's intuitive and friendly, the location of the tools is perfect and is complemented by using keyboard shortcuts. It's an excellent software of design and photography.
  • The photo editing tools are complete and allow you to manipulate and correct images efficiently. They're easy to use.
  • Workspace options are an excellent way to organize work. You can have many workspaces without affecting the performance of the software
  • The vectorization of the images is another great aspect of this software
  • Photoshop is perfect as it is. No improvements are needed. It's excellent as an editor and corrector of photographs and an indispensable tool for designers.
It's the right software to edit and correct photographs or images in general. Perfect for graphic and web designers, photographers, etc. If you work with images and expect quality work both in printing and to optimize the images used on the web, it's the right software.
Read Andreina Oropeza's full review
Yana Brenar profile photo
August 03, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Top notch product with a price tag"

I was using Photoshop as a part of Creative Cloud with monthly subscription, found it as great product. Moreover I would say that there is still no substitution in the market, so if you are looking for all the best things for your creative workflow (photo editing, retouch, etc) Photoshop is the best.
  • Photo editing
  • mockups
  • retouch
  • now selection of specific part of the image became easier with Creative Cloud before that it was a bit of time-consuming so thanks for that
  • I would include filter or preset like features because social media demand is requiring beautiful images with less time for processing
  • may be it would be great to have easier iphone app for image retouch on the go since industry is growing at high speed (we still have the lightroom but...)
I would say it has a great potential to stay top product for the image processing, but as i mentioned before there is always a room to grow in specific areas like Iphone apps/instagram oriented aspects etc
Read Yana Brenar's full review
November 01, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop Has Evolved!"

Adobe Photoshop is used in our marketing department as a staple for photo editing and graphic design. I personally started using Photoshop about 20 years ago and I have seen it grow, change and adapt over the years. For the purposes of business, both internally and externally, Photoshop allows me to accelerate the marketing process of developing engaging content for the purposes of lead generation and brand messaging.
  • The new content-aware fill in CC 2019 is mind-blowing. What a great job Adobe has done with this algorithm.
  • The masking tools in Photoshop have developed equally as well.
  • The ability to export a layer quickly to a PNG helps extremely in the area of Web design.
  • As a note, when you upgrade to CC 2019 on a Mac, certain shortcut keys are switched around and you have to manually switch them back.
  • Save For Web is now considered a LEGACY option and, while it is still supported, I don't like this.
  • The masking tools are difficult to use and dial in.
Interestingly enough, having seen Photoshop change over the years, I actually started using it for graphic design, when other Adobe apps at the time were much more suited for layout. What you need to use Photoshop for and what I PREFER it for is photo editing. I have not yet gotten into Lightroom, which I am told is extremely customizable, but the ability to edit a RAW file right inside Photoshop, turn it into and save it out as a JPEG or TIFF is good enough for me!
July 13, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop is rewarding if you give it the time"

For my current position, I mostly use Photoshop for editing marketing collateral. I'm also a photographer so I’ve been using photoshop for a very long time.
  • It's without a doubt the best all around photo manipulation application. Once you know how to use it, you can do so much with it.
  • Adobe is constantly making improvements to Photoshop. Some of the things you can do now are mind boggling.
  • It has a really steep learning curve. I've been using Photoshop for over 10 years and there are still things I’m learning.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to find how-to videos online because you don't even know the right jargon to search for. There are also so many different ways that people accomplish the same tasks so it's hard to know which is right for you.
Love the program but it's because I put in the time and effort to learn it.
Samuel Crawford profile photo
May 21, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop Is A Fantastic Software Once You Lear How To Use It Effectively"

We use Adobe Photoshop to design compete website pages on 2000 x 2000 pixel templates. We also design interfaces for web applications and mobile apps. Photoshop is a great tool to create very impactful marketing and advertising visuals. Photo-editing and raster image editing is the bread and butter for Photoshop. We use it for every, single project.
  • The most obvious is photo-editing. Very powerful in this realm.
  • Website and mobile application design, as my organization often does.
  • Designing marketing & advertising visuals
  • The user flow could be more inline with other Adobe softwares, such as Illustrator.
  • It would be great if the pen tool worked similar to the pen tool in Illustrator
  • Editing Smart Objects directly in Photoshop would be fantastic
Adobe Photoshop is very well-suited for designing websites and mobile application interfaces, editing photography, and performing any design changes to raster (pixel-dependent) images. It is not appropriate for creating vector graphics that are intended to be scaled freely or blown up to large sizes. Luckily, it works very well with Adobe Illustrator for anything vector-based.
Read Samuel Crawford's full review
Eric Broz profile photo
December 04, 2017

Review: "With Saas, Adobe Photoshop proves once again why it's the industry standard"

We had five users of Photoshop in the marketing department. Two of us were photographers, the other three were graphic designers. The photographers would use it to enhance the images for product placement, overall appearance of the image and sizing to fit the needs of the marketing department or client. We found Photoshop better than any of the freeware or other paid programs, especially as part of the Creative Cloud or Photoshop/Lightroom bundles. Constantly updating as revisions are made and knowing you have a legit license with SAAS made Photoshop the best and easiest choice.
  • One of the worst things about managing Adobe products historically was keeping the license keys with the DVDs so the keys matched hardware profiles if you had to do a system rebuild or restore. Moving to Software as a Service simplified both installation and management of individual and team licenses.
  • Photoshop is the industry standard for image creation, manipulation and processing. The batch processing has come a long way for things like laying down watermarks, creating and managing EXIF data and applying uniform modifications across an entire photo shoot.
  • Embracing HDR and 3D Modeling inside Photoshop allows our designers to create interesting effects that affect how our products are perceived by those who view them online or in print.
  • The initial learning curve has always been steep, and this is nothing different in the CC models.
  • If you're using multiple monitors, sometimes the palate will float away from the main monitor.
  • Watermarking batching should allow you to use more than just type, like a raster image would be outstanding.
Up and coming photographers and designers had steered away from Photoshop or Lightroom for years or relied on pirated versions of the software because of the huge initial investment. Migrating to SaaS has lowered the price significantly, and lowered pirated copies of Adobe software in general. The photographers I talk to, even those in school, all have a legal, licensed, Saas Subscription for the Lightroom/Photoshop bundle.
Read Eric Broz's full review
May 11, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop in the Sign Industry"

We use Photoshop daily to edit digital photos for projects. The software allows us to digitally manipulate images and apply effects and lighting to show what completed projects would look like. Blending artwork with images of the client's property allows them to get a full impression of what they are purchasing.
  • EDIT PHOTOS
  • APPLY LIGHTING EFFECTS
  • BLEND IMAGES
  • APPLY TEXT STYLES
  • CREATE REALISTIC PATTERNS/MATERIALS
  • I DON'T HAVE ANY SUGGESTED UPDATES, HOWEVER I FEEL THAT ADOBE CONTINUALLY TAKES FEEDBACK ON THEIR PRODUCTS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN UPDATING THEIR PRODUCTS AS THEY KEEP GETTING EASIER TO USE
Photoshop is fantastic for photo manipulation, collages, blending and text effects. It allows the creative community to create work that is realistic and unique. The text functions are not as intuitive as Illustrator, however, the SMART OBJECTS allow you to work seamlessly between the two programs which save time and energy.
December 28, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Pixel please! Photoshop keeps getting better... at most things."

Adobe Photoshop is one of the cornerstones of my image-processing workflow. I am the sole employee of my photography company, and because my name is on the letterhead, so to speak, I care deeply about the quality of the work that leaves my studio. Photoshop provides me with the best possible pixel-level image editing that I can ask for. I have been using it since version 5.0, and have used virtually every edition since then. It is one of a handful of pieces of software that I use nearly every day.
  • Retouching. While there are plenty of programs out there designed for adjusting overall exposure, contrast, color, etc., and while some of them (i.e., Capture One, Lightroom) also have retouching tools that are getting better every day, nothing comes close to Photoshop for retouching portraits, doing pixel-level manipulation.
  • Preparing images for print. Photoshop's resizing and sharpening features are unparalleled, and when preparing images to be printed on paper (or for the web), it allows the control needed to make sure that the image is represented properly for each medium.
  • Layouts and graphics. While Photoshop is primarily known for image editing, it also has robust tools for designing things like Christmas cards and web graphics. Although InDesign is probably a better option for designing print materials, Photoshop certainly leaves the user with plenty of options in a pinch.
  • Plugins. Countless (and I mean COUNTLESS) companies have written plugins for Photoshop, which add functionality.
  • Learning curve. This is due primarily to the extensive feature set, so I can't complain about it too much, but just like a 747 is more difficult to fly (or to learn how to fly) than a Piper Cub, the sheer number of things you can do with Photoshop means it may be daunting for new users.
  • Working with large numbers of images. Wedding, event, and portrait photographers will certainly want a companion program to help organize images and apply adjustments to groups of images. Photoshop just doesn't seem designed to handle this aspect of the workflow efficiently.
  • Beyond these, I can identify several minor areas where I'd like to see Photoshop improve (better built-in black and white presets, better image enlargement) but in general, any quibbles I have are the result of Adobe saying, "Hey, let's not dumb this down. Let's provide the best possible base-level tools to our users, and let them create art with it." I would rather have more potential that's harder to use, than an easy to use program that's limited in functionality.
Great for photographers and designers. Users who have a significant amount of page layout or desktop publishing to do would do well to consider alternatives that are dedicated to such a purpose. Additionally, as I mentioned elsewhere, while Photoshop is a critical piece of my workflow, it's not the only necessary piece, especially for photographers with a high volume of images to work through.
February 16, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop is better than any other product in its field"

Photoshop is being used to edit photos. It is used by me, the photographer, as well as my editor. We use it to make the photos look more professional, rather than give someone the raw, unedited images. This in turn makes the consumer of our product happier with the end results.
  • Great spot correction and use of clone stamping.
  • Lots of versatility in what you can accomplish with it.
  • Excellent curves abilities to adjust lighting.
  • The cloud-based system is ridiculous. Consumers have expressed this and they have not done anything about it.
  • The price is pretty high and can seem out of reach for many companies and nonprofits.
  • It is hard to use at first until you get used to it. There is a big learning curve.
Photoshop is definitely useful for photo editing and some graphic design. Photoshop is definitely the best for editing and getting rid of blemishes, etc. when compared to Lightroom. However, I would not use it primarily for graphic design because the features are not as well equipped. For that, I would instead use Illustrator.
February 07, 2018

Review: "Adobe Photoshop is Dropping the Bomb on Its Competition"

Photoshop has been used by the CRM team for 7+ years as a means for editing email and website content. This is used across the team and into the other departments within our marketing department. We used to try free photo editors but nothing really compares to Photoshop and it is the industry standard.
  • Photo editing
  • Website content editing
  • CRM email editing of photos and other content
  • Somewhat daunting when you first use it based on all of the features
  • The user interface has changed a bit over the years that makes it not as inviting for older users
  • Some of the features are a bit buried in layers of tabs
Adobe Photoshop is best suited for any person needing to do any kind of digital photo or illustration editing or creation. We use it for creating email graphics and content but it can be used across departments for digital and print work. It is very well suited for editing and manipulation of photographs but can be used for light vector editing and text.
February 09, 2018

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Graphic for all"

Adobe Photoshop is absolutely the best Photo Editing program. The primary use of Photoshop is purely aimed at editing photos or images for the introduction of these in advertising graphics often worked concurrently with Abobe Illustrator. The result deriving from the use of both ensures a professional and attractive product.
  • excellent functionality to remove objects or items in the picture
  • Photographic filters of post production of the highest level
  • intuitive and easy to use tools
  • compatibility problems with files saved via later versions
  • on images with a very high resolution if you do not have a good graphics card the application slows down a lot, especially if you have more levels
  • if you are a single user and want the full suite of adobe, the cost is quite high
If you are a graphic designer and you work in a development company you will definitely use Photoshop very much to edit images to be used on web pages, certainly not spoil a little 'html knowledge to gain more advantage and to create web pages with images easily integrated and resizable
December 12, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Perfect for Photos and More!"

We used Photoshop for both business and marketing purposes. It was used across the whole organization. It was the go to tool for pixel based projects. The options in the program offer endless creative possibilities. It was a staple in our creative process.
  • It goes without saying that this program is great for photo editing. The range of tools to edit, transform and modify digital photos allows for any type of editing.
  • The amount of precision editing that can be achieved makes for seamless photos that don’t look edited.
  • For digital projects that are more painterly in nature, the brush tool can used to great effect. There is good control.
  • The subscription service is fine, but I’d like to have the option to choose a disk.
I used Photoshop for photo editing, graphic design, and digital scrapbooking. It would be a great program for marketing and advertising creation, invitation design and a wide array of digital art/designs products. If you work with pixels, this is the product to use.
Susan Ferreira profile photo
July 18, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop - a winner in graphic design software"

I use Adobe Photoshop for my art classes as well as in all my graphic design work. Photoshop gives me the ability to create unique flyers containing manipulated photographs (light adjusted/cropped/resized/filtered/etc.). I also use Photoshop to convert files into different formats and appreciate that the software allows the user to easily import vector illustrations and text from Adobe Illustrator as well. I take many individual photos of my students' artwork and Photoshop allows me to create one cohesive piece containing all those photos together for a class display and/or marketing flyer which can be printed and/or saved in a variety of file size formats depending on my needs.
  • photo manipulation (cutting out backgrounds, cropping, light adjustment, color adjustment, filtering, red eye reduction and much more)
  • tools are easy to use with many shortcut options and possibilities are endless as to what you can create with filters
  • the fact that you can have a layer with a smart object/vector creation and keep it in that format to be able to edit it later is very useful
  • If there was a search bar that would guide the user to the most often used/popular way to achieve a graphic effect and in addition, the absolute quickest way to achieve that same effect I would find that helpful and a huge timesaver.
  • If the filter preview box could be larger without slowing down the program that would be helpful.
  • As there are so many hidden tools in Photoshop, having a pop-up menu come up once those tools are selected that describes what the tool primarily handles, would be useful.
It is well suited for any kind of photo manipulation. It is not suitable to create scalable vector artwork, although that work can be imported onto its own layer in Photoshop once created in another software. There is a learning curve necessary for using the tools in Photoshop that takes some time, so that should be factored in when thinking about purchasing the product.
Read Susan Ferreira's full review
Buck Buchanan profile photo
September 11, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Very good program to use."

I use Adobe Photoshop for our accreditation process. I have found that using Adobe Photoshop makes it easier for me to go in and add to my pictures or even better to delete part of the image that is not necessary for my proof. I would recommend Adobe Photoshop for anyone interested in this product.
  • Makes creating intricate digital paintings simple.
  • I can edit large batches of photos.
  • Adobe Protoshop allows you to use layers and allows me to separate my images and editing into pieces.
  • Adobe Photoshop is very simple to use.
  • I wish I could think of something but I can't right now.
  • Sorry, that's all I have.
I've used the blur, sharpen, and smudge tools quite often in order help enhance the pixels in photos. Blur is really good to loosen and diffuse pixels. Sharpen has the opposite effect of blur and smudge lets you take the color you've selected and puts it into the area where you place your cursor.
Read Buck Buchanan's full review
Jay Reynolds profile photo
August 18, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop, it's cool."

In my department, I currently work as a curriculum developer creating web-based trainings. So, for me, Photoshop is used for, of course, image editing so they can be implemented within Captivate.
  • The options it gives for saving in different file formats as well as adjusting the image size and resolution to either increase and/or (or in my case) decrease the file size of the image without losing image quality.
  • I like the layer options Photoshop provides. Not only being able to add multiple layers and edit each individually, but the blending options also provided.
  • I love the ability to 'record' multiple steps so if you have a monotonous task that has repetitive steps that can be applied to multiple files, you can record your steps and perform that as one function for each image with the click of a button.
  • As far as image editing goes, this does exactly what it is supposed to for me. My demands are not extensive, so I do not have any current issues with this program.
Photoshop is well suited for any type of image editing, be it size adjustments, color correction, cropping, or general editing. It is useful for both casual users and power users. There is a learning curve, of course, but once the basics are learned, it can serve as a valuable tool when dealing with images.
Read Jay Reynolds's full review
Shanita Smith profile photo
July 17, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "The Best for Editing!"

We are currently using Adobe Photoshop in the Events Department and Membership Department for marketing and website materials. It's an easy way to enhance or modify images that our members or sponsors send us that may not be in the exact format needed. It definitely keeps us from having to go back and forth to try and get the right format for an image. Instead, we just fix it ourselves.
  • Converting: It can convert our images into a pdf file if we need it to without losing quality of the image and while keeping the enhancements needed.
  • Color changes: I've needed to alter a logo to a different color and it allowed me to change the hue without a problem while keeping the appropriate contrasts between the different parts and colors of the logo.
  • Enhancing: Sometimes we receive images that needs a higher resolution or a change in the pigmentation. Photoshop allows us to either use the one-click methods to enhance what is needed using predefined settings or we can go in and change it to the exact specs required. I really like having the two options.
  • Changing the color settings from RGB to CMYK is not always easy.
  • Separating the different parts of an image could be challenging or tedious but I guess that is a part of editing.
We work on creating program schedules approximately 9 to 10 times a year along with several other publications and printed materials. Photoshop helps me ensure that our resolution is at a high quality for the printers. If it isn't it is normally an easy fix when using Photoshop.
Read Shanita Smith's full review
August 30, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop: Trust the best!"

We use Adobe Photoshop to do wireframing for some of our projects. We have used it both for new projects as well as to make amendments to existing projects. We have photoshop installed on 2 of our machines, and we have about 4 people who are proficient in Photoshop. So we have used it for graphic design to make business cards for the company as well as use it for making Facebook or other social media banners as well. We also manipulated our logo to be used on a variety of items using Photoshop.
  • It's great for a compilation of different elements. We have used it to make postcards with our logo and our vendor's logos.
  • Resisizing Images. We have used Photoshop to make any image fit any social media site requirements.
  • Wireframing and Prototyping. We used it to wireframe our new software dev projects.
  • Takes a lot of RAM - Running Photoshop sometimes makes other programs run slower on older machines.
  • The file sizes are defaulted to be VERY big and resizing it makes it pretty complicated.
It's an amazing tool for people who want to invest some time and energy in learning how to work Photoshop. There are a LOT of resources available online that show you the power of Photoshop. But for people who are not comfortable using technology, this program can be quite confusing. So I recommend it for people who want to invest time in learning and perfecting their skills to be used in a lot of areas that relate to digital technology.
Bruce Emmerling profile photo
April 11, 2017

Adobe Photoshop Review: "A poweful editing platform for professional results"

I primarily used Photoshop for my own digital media projects and with photography. Photoshop offers an amazing design and editing tools that are far beyond the scope of other competitor products. The professional capabilities are breathtaking. While many uses Adobe Lightroom, I find Adobe Photoshop to be more than capable to dealing with heavy photography projects and design illustrations. Its ability to use third party plugins or filters really open the power for product up.
  • Adobe Photoshop really produces some of the most amazing photographs and images with the right techniques
  • The program has great compatibility with most camera raw formats for photo editing purposes
  • Photoshop is has incredibly powerful tools to edit photographs and images that are seldom found in other editing programs
  • Photoshop is not the easiest program to simply pick up and learn. It does require a learning curve to produce the best results.
  • The interface of Photoshop is unique and sometimes requires patience if one is not used its intricacies.
  • If Photoshop had some batch processing capabilities, it would be perfect.
Photoshop is simply an amazing product that can produce professional results with the right training and aptitude. Photoshop works best with photographs and images in raw format and without too many edits. It will not create magical results with poor images. Beginners to photography will want to take some time to learn the program's features.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
Regina McGrath profile photo
March 15, 2017

"Adobe Photoshop - Regina McGrath's Review"

Adobe Photoshop is being used by my department alone (Marketing Department) mostly for marketing collateral and graphic design.
  • The proper organization of the work-space makes it easy to find editing tools and other features.
  • Most of the edits regularly done on photos can be completed with a single click.
  • The photographs can be given a professional look when a standard camera is used, new artwork images can be created and edited.
  • There is honestly nothing that I can think of other than I hope Photoshop has an auto-save option to minimize the risk of unsaved files when unexpected things happen.
Adobe Photoshop is well-suited in a scenario when one is trying to design posters/brochures for marketing collateral. However, it would be less appropriate if one would want to design a book or a magazine as there's a specific software (Adobe Illustrator) that does the designing for such kind of print-outs.
Read Regina McGrath's full review
Sadea Ramsay, MA profile photo
August 05, 2016

Adobe Photoshop Review: "Photoshop - the one and the only! Alternatives really can't compete."

We currently use Adobe Photoshop CC for digital design (mostly web), publications, and also some social media work. It is being used to enhance our web news stories and to improve the look and feel of our marketing efforts. One of the major business problems it addresses is making sure we are moving forward in this fast-paced digital world with a fresh, new look to our communications and marketing.
  • If you know Adobe products already, it's pretty easy to navigate and use.
  • One of the best uses for it at the moment is for generating animated GIFs (although, this seems to be going into legacy now and might be gone in future versions).
  • It's easy to manipulate and fix images with problem areas. The stamp tool and background eraser have helped us many times!
  • For people who are looking for special effects or to work with vectors, it's not really easy to transfer back and forth from Adobe Illustrator without losing some quality.
  • There have been times where if I'm not saving what I'm working on, it crashes really quickly. This can be endlessly frustrating when you're in the middle of a hard job. Always save your work frequently because if the program gets overwhelmed, it will crash.
  • I wish they would keep animated GIFs! These are big right now for us for our marketing efforts. I'm sure there's another program that will take over this functionality, but when Adobe keeps shifting those functions to other programs, it forces you to have to switch back and forth too much.
It's best suited when you're working with photos - try not to use it so much for graphics. Use Illustrator for that. It's also great for enhancing or fixing damaged photos. There are always those moments where you look at a photo and say, "this would be PERFECT.. if only that one thing wasn't there.." That's where Photoshop comes in.
Read Sadea Ramsay, MA's full review

About Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.