Score 9.0 out of 10

What is Adobe PhotoShop?

Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Adobe PhotoShop, and make your voice heard!

Single App

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.trustradius.com/buyer…

Product Demos

Photoshop Demo and Tutorial 2020 | TrustRadius
20:38

What is Adobe PhotoShop?

Adobe PhotoShop Video

How to use PhotoShop, a step by step tutorial. Learn to when to use PhotoShop, how to make a project, and how to use each of the program's tools.

Adobe PhotoShop Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.9.

The most common users of Adobe PhotoShop are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

SHEHROZ HABIB ACCA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I Have been using Adobe PhotoShop in my organization for many tasks which are as follows: It is the best photo editing software. It includes a lot of tools including the magnetic lasso tool, which is my favorite tool. We can change the background of our picture edit in many ways. It also includes an auto-level feature that is perfectly designed. If you are looking to purchase any editing software, only purchase Adobe Photoshop. If you are buying it, it is value for money; your money will not waste. It is one of the most professional editing tools in editing software. Adobe Photoshop is available on even all platforms. It supports almost all image formats, including PDF. An excellent benefit is that it can edit videos and GIF
  • Picture background removal
  • Photo retouching
  • Object Removal from Images and Object Adding
  • I think there is no space where Adobe Photoshop has room for improvement
  • Only training and some practice is required to do tasks
The specific Scenario about Adobe PhotoShop use is that Sometimes I have to use Photoshop for retouching meeting pictures, training, sports day, and tour pictures of our staff. Object removal and adding objects in these pictures as well as setting brightness, contrasts, highlights, levels, and darks are the main areas that I love to solve within minutes in Adobe PhotoShop.
Romi Kalathiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
Photoshop is our one-stop solution for all kinds of design needs, no matter if it's photo editing, UI/UX design, graphic design, motion posters, banners, or any other design work we need. Unlike the competition, it is not restricted to just photo editing. The software is capable enough to do UI/UX design and a lot of other things. Over the years it has become the most powerful and feature-full tool, plus it has all the bells and whistles you need to get your design-related tasks done. I can't think of any other tool that is as powerful and as capable as PhotoShop.
  • Raw photo editing and photo manipulation
  • User interface design and wireframes (user experience)
  • Digital painting and matte painting
  • Social media banners / web banners
  • Any sort of digital graphics design
  • Photoshop's 3-D features
  • More tools for making vectors/shapes
  • Photo filters and effects
For photo editing and manipulation etc, PhotoShop is unmatched and has the best features to tackle the task. That's the reason it's industry standard. For UI design and graphic design, it could add some more tools to make it more powerful and easy to use, especially with its vector creating/handling capabilities.
Giorgi Megrelishvili | TrustRadius Reviewer
We usually make announcements of new projects and we use photoshop to create the posters
  • Cropping especially the recent updates
  • Simple animations
  • Erasing items
  • Sometimes the toolbar menu changes by itself
  • Copy/paste from one to another layer could become eassier
  • Zoom in and Zoom out option for Mac touchpads
Based on my experience in the company, we needed simple posters for new volunteer project calls. We didn't have to go too deep, so, it was all perfect. Playing with colours and brightness or changing the small details in already existing posters.
Amir Hussain | TrustRadius Reviewer
Photoshop is my own and organization's photograph altering apparatus for showcasing, site, and virtual entertainment pictures. Furthermore, you could likewise utilize it to make some compelling artwork with a tablet. It's chiefly utilized by the Plan division, however we likewise have individual licenses. My own utilization is to pizazz up, re-alter, and resize pictures conveyed by clients. For certain years now, it went away down in value, you can likewise involve it for a couple of months and turn it off on the off chance that you are more task based.
  • It's been there for quite a while, meaning Enormous people group, ALOT of guides.
  • Functions admirably with different instruments from Adobe.
  • They made a few major upgrades to the product so it runs way quicker.
  • There is a major expectation to learn and adapt on the off chance that you need explicit things, yet there are numerous instructional exercises. Be ready to invest some energy learning the device.
  • It can turn into a piece inconvenient while doing weighty liveliness, or huge pictures with a great deal of layers.
  • Not for the "basic" pc clients, you really want a decent pc to runs this instrument at its pinnacle.
PhotoShop has a great deal of elements to assist you with making the best pictures effortlessly. With assistance of layers, you can make changes in the future easily, so in the event that a task changes the varieties, it's truly simple to fix. Likewise, you can cooperate on numerous records and spot the layers starting with one then onto the next (helpful on greater undertakings). With that, there are a few strong things you can do with this instrument from simple to complex. One thing I appreciate doing is discovering a few new deceives to make pictures truly pop on YouTube and do them myself on my best pictures.
We use photoshop across all departments in marketing to create high-end, customer-facing marketing assets.
  • Removing backgrounds
  • Creating layers and textures
  • Integrates with illustrator - smooth transition between platforms
  • UI can be simplified since I've observed new users can get overwhelmed at first - especially those accustomed to websites such as Canva
Works great for manipulating images, creating graphics, infographics etc. Not so much well suited for creating illustrations, or eBooks, magazines.
I use Adobe Photoshop in my organization to design brochures, flyers, business cards, invitation cards, and gift certificates and the editing of images on a professional level. We are designing these assets using the amazing tools and features of Adobe Photoshop. I am also creating mock-ups and templates of our websites using Adobe Photoshop.
  • Brochures
  • Flyers
  • Business cards
  • Documentation should be easy for beginners
  • Layers combination for beginners
  • Accessing library should be more user-friendly
According to my personal experience, Adobe Photoshop is really well suited in all cases. For instance, if you are running any company and you need digital media marketing for your company and for marketing, you will run paid campaign ads. For ads, you need stunning social media posts, and these posts you can design using Adobe Photoshop.
Mike Koolwijk | TrustRadius Reviewer
PhotoShop is my personal and company's photo editing tool for marketing, website, and social media images. And, you could also use it to make some fine art with a tablet. It's mainly used by the Design department, but we also have individual licenses. My personal use is to flair up, re-edit, and resize images delivered by customers. For some years now, it went waaaay down in price, you can also use it for a few months and turn it off if you are more project-based.
  • It's been there for a long time, meaning BIG community, ALOT of guides.
  • Works really well with other tools from Adobe.
  • They made some big improvements to the software so it runs way faster.
  • There is a big learning curve if you want specific things, but there are many tutorials. Be prepared to spend some time learning the tool.
  • It can become a bit clunky when doing heavy animations, or big images with a lot of layers.
  • Not for the "simple" pc users, you need a good pc to runs this tool at its peak.
PhotoShop has a lot of features to help you make the best images with ease. With help of layers, you can make changes in the future with ease, so if a project changes the colors, it's really easy to fix. Also, you can work together on multiple files and place the layers from one to another (useful on bigger projects). With that, there are some powerful things you can do with this tool from easy to complex. One thing I enjoy doing is finding some new tricks to make images really pop on YouTube and do them myself on my best images.
PhotoShop's user interface is constantly being improved by Adobe. There are a variety of focused workplace configurations available, including graphic and web, motion, painting, and photography.
  • I've had a terrific overall experience with PhotoShop.
  • It comes with the tool suite membership, so it is certainly worth the price. I would absolutely suggest it.
  • Since I've been using PhotoShop since 2010, it functions flawlessly, I enjoy using it for a while, and it consistently introduces new features.
  • With so many nuances in one tool, PhotoShop is challenging to grasp.
  • The necessary storage file might be as large as GB.
  • The paper used for printing results is rather challenging.
You must have Adobe PhotoShop as one of your tools if you work for a web design agency. It's one of the greatest picture editing programmes available and integrates well with Illustrator and InDesign.Why wait any longer if you haven't tried Adobe PhotoShop?
A program that pushes the boundaries of your imagination, it is a program that can be learned through lessons to display your dreams in a digital setting, where you can contribute your imagination to change the color and shape of the images. The factory-organized data must be methodically added to our own system in order for the foreign machines to be employed in our nation, and Adobe PhotoShop satisfies all of our requirements.
  • The fact is that you may quickly pick things up on your own by spending time without using any other resources.
  • It is the program that brings the phrase "to make PhotoShop" to almost all languages. It's not just a photo editing program.
  • Practical and beautiful results are filtered by filtering the desired work without drowning in details.
  • The progression Despite the fact that I have used it for years and taken classes at a community college, I continue to discover new things you can accomplish with it. In my opinion, you can never know everything about it. And they continue to include new items.
  • Since holding shift to adjust the proportionate size is no longer necessary when using free transform, it is unpleasant.
I use Adobe PhotoShop to do practically all of my business from my home in Turkey. Many customers find the cost of Adobe PhotoShop to be prohibitive, thus they turn to substitute alternatives and illegally downloaded pirated software. Regulations like torrents, sales, and price increases lead to a number of financial issues. Change can be advantageous.
I use Adobe Photoshop to edit images to add to newsletters, documents, websites, and more. It’s a very useful tool and I’ve been using it for years. I recommend it to anyone who is in the field and working with graphic design. They also have so many different tutorials to help you grow.
  • Photo editing.
  • Cloud saving software.
  • Healing tool.
  • Improved mobile.
  • No crashes.
  • New features.
If you’re working for a web firm company you absolutely want to have Adobe Photoshop as one of your tools. It’s one of the best photo editing apps out there and also can work very nicely with illustrator and InDesign. If you haven’t tried out Adobe Photoshop yet what are you waiting for?
Trish Lofton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I currently use Adobe Photoshop to touch up photos and create infographics and advertisements for our department. It is also used for graphic design and photo editing in the university branding and marketing office. It is extremely important to have eye-catching designs and photos to use in printed pieces as well as digital images.
  • Adobe Photoshop provides great features to design an image from a blank canvas.
  • Users are able to create dynamic images for a variety of multimedia platforms.
  • The software is great for creating works of art from a simple photo.
  • This is not an intuitive software for a beginning user, especially if the user has not used any of the Adobe design products.
  • The cost can scare some away. Although you can subscribe to a monthly plan for the cloud version, a stand alone version is very costly.
  • It would be extremely useful to have wizards for creating filters and various types of photo masks. Easily accessible shortcuts would be such a time saver!
Adobe Photoshop is great for not only photo editing but creating beautiful images for a variety of platforms. I have used Photoshop to create designs from business card size to billboards. I have touched up photos and created web images. Photoshop has so many features that I feel like I have barely scratched the surface. It is perfect for social media as well as printed pieces.
The stability of this software is top notch. In all the years I have used it, I never had to call technical support. It has definitely stood the test of time, even when large updates were rolled out. Even as a beginner, I never had any issues.
Adobe Photoshop is used throughout the marketing department, however, I am the main user as the graphic designer. It addresses the problem of keeping our branding consistent, professional and high-end. It allows creative freedom when editing photos, creating documents for web or print, or converting files to other file types.
  • Adaptability - there are so many different tools that can be used to solve so many different problems.
  • User Interface - hover cards and tools and tips can help beginners.
  • Photo Manipulation - being able to fix images pixel by pixel is extremely beneficial.
  • I'd like the integration with Adobe fonts to be a little smoother.
  • The fact that the drag to resize tool is locked in scale compared to other Adobe products where you have to hold down the control button is inconsistent and rather irritating.
Adobe Photoshop is the only tool out on the market that has the extreme amount of capabilities for photo editing. It's suitable for small-scaled businesses and creative agencies to use. With the Creative Cloud subscription, it's suitable for students, teachers, and beginners up to advanced users.
I have not gotten in touch with Adobe Photoshop support, however, there have been times that I've googled a question and the message and support boards on adobe.com are full of helpful user information that typically answers my question. There's a wealth of knowledge on Adobe's website and I'm sure that their support team is thorough and somewhat timely.
We use Adobe Photoshop for creating our posts and editing them for our social media accounts. Adobe Photoshop has lots of important features, color patterns and color selections. It is important to have a Photoshop program with such color selection features to create better designs and image editions. You can edit your photo with stock color patterns or you can find your own pattern.
  • Photo editing.
  • Color patterns.
  • Shadow quality.
  • Complex dashboard.
  • Hard to understand layer section.
  • Complex color features.
Adobe Photoshop is a helpful tool for creating images and editing images. You can create images for social media, like posts and photoshopped images. It is handy for people who are working in the social media industry or as graphic designers. You can design your images like how you would like to do it with its impressive color pattern.
Parwinder Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am using Adobe Photoshop in my organization for different purposes. Let's Discuss
1) Photoshop is intentionally designed for Photo Editing and Manipulation.
2) But nowadays people use photoshop for Banner Designs, Poster Designs, Brochures, Logo Mockup presentations, and Mockup Designs.
3) Now there is an option available for Sharing your files on a cloud server.
  • Photoshop is very good at Photo Editing and Photo Manipulation.
  • You can design Banners, Posters and Brochures.
  • Design Mobile Apps and Website is very easy to use.
  • Adobe Photoshop is too expensive for individual user.
  • Batch work with Photos should be improved.
  • Animation Timeline needs to be little bit smoother.
It's been 8+ years since I've been using Adobe Photoshop and found some interesting points. It is a great tool for Photo Manipulation. Here are a lot of features available in Adobe Photoshop. While cropping images pen tool works really smooth. Layer Management and grouping them is a big relief. I have used photoshop for creating wireframes and mockups. Now more efficient tools are available in the market but at that time it really worked for me. As for disadvantages: It's a bit expensive and requires a powerful system.
In my previous team allocation, I used Adobe PhotoShop to design the UI of a few projects that I worked on. I was using Adobe PhotoShop along with Figma to create frontend designs (UI) with good User Experience (UX). Adobe PhotoShop is a very powerful tool. You can use it to edit images or create completely new graphics. I used to mostly create graphics (UI for web and mobile applications) rather than editing the existing ones.
  • Creating Graphics
  • Editing existing images
  • Tons of powerful tools
  • Actions
  • It is a huge tool and there could be places that could be improved but I didn't get the chance to go that in-depth. I used the majority of the tools that Adobe PhotoShop provides and I couldn't think of any improvements there.
If you have to work on manipulating an existing image or create a new image (be it software UI or graphics for any other thing), Adobe PhotoShop is the tool you need to use. It is so powerful that you can literally achieve anything. I have used it extensively in the 1 and a half years that I worked with it.
Rashish Manvar | TrustRadius Reviewer
It has been a professional development tool in my work. I feel that I have advanced a lot, acquiring more skills in each creative task I perform daily with this software. In short, Photoshop gives me the ability to achieve optimal, professional, and high-level work.
  • It is a very stable software and allows the integration of many other features.
  • I love Photoshop, I have been using it for a long time and every year they have been improving its features and making our creative work grow to a very professional level.
  • Its non-linear interface allows one to work quickly, and its set of tools is very powerful, with them you can achieve impressive things, from making perfect selections to remove objects or erase backgrounds, to making paths to export and model them in other software.
  • The possibility of developing any creative idea without limits is one of Photoshop's advantages.
  • I think there is nothing I don't like about Photoshop because it has everything. Although the only negative point would be its interface should be more intuitive and have more didactic explanations as they do with the tools. This would help people who are just starting to use it to understand it better and faster.
It provides an incredible array of options, from the kind of visual workspace that one prefers to the extensive library of editing tools that can leave one satisfied with the result. In the four or so years that I've been using it, I have found it to be most reliable in allowing me to edit just about any image, to make my work look like that of a professional.
Adobe PhotoShop is my #1 preferred source for all of my design needs. I have been using it for nearly a decade for all of my personal and professional designs and there is a reason I continue to use it for work today: consistency. Adobe has consistently been the best platform for design and always seems to upgrade for the better.
  • Intuitive
  • Fast
  • User-friendly
  • Features galore
  • Nothing is perfect, even Adobe can crash sometimes. But this is rarely an issue anymore.
Adobe PhotoShop's features have improved over time to become the leader in image design. I honestly cannot think of another software to use in its place. PhotoShop is so significantly important to design and marketing that the work itself has become iconic. For example, we all say "that's so photoshopped" whenever we see an image that seems manipulated. This is because Adobe PhotoShop's features are top tier. With that being said, I wouldn't use PhotoShop for all designs because Adobe already has other programs such as InDesign for template creation, Illustrator for other design work, Premiere for video, etc. Adobe has it all.
I use Adobe PhotoShop for a lot of different tasks. Beginning with simple removal of objects in pictures and clean up jobs. Then for composing pictures an at least for experimenting with the programs tools. If you combine some of the existing filters and tools you can generate a great variety of results. It is like a cooking recipe for pictures.
  • Intelligent object detection
  • New Neural filters
  • Replacing Sky
  • Clean up pictures
  • Text placement
  • Multiple layer editing
  • Export to other formats for iPad
If you want to give your posters a nice finish. Adobe PhotoShop is the best. You can give it some texture or noise. Add scratches and little marks that make your digital art look more realistic. What I would nit recommend is making your Lay-out with Adobe PhotoShop. Aligning and kerning text is a headache in this App.
Bharat Bhattad | TrustRadius Reviewer
I rely on photoshop to cater to my organizations digital creative production needs like UI/ UX, website designing, prototyping, wireframing, emailers, banners, ebrochures, certificates, image editing and illustration. Adobe Photoshop helps me render quality output seamlessly and maintain my production pipeline much more efficiently with the help of the cloud suite & other application integration.
  • Website designing
  • Wireframes
  • Graphic illustration
  • Image editing
  • Auto creation of GIFs and short videos by stitching photos.
  • Pre-defined templates for creating abstract images.
  • Option for auto removal of objects from background.
Photoshop is more suitable for creating user interface design, social media posts, emailers, image editing, color correction, photo correction, and other digital marketing materials. For creating scalable vector graphics or high quality artwork it is not so well suited. Options like Sketch, InDesign & Illustrator are the best options in such scenarios.
Adobe Photoshop is one of the most versatile tool out there. If you know how, you can do a lot with it. It is a easy to learn, hard to master kind of tool. But once you do master it, the possibilities are endless. You can do graphic designs, typography, photo editing & retouching, animations, layouting etc.
  • Image editing and retouching
  • Illustrations and digital painting
  • Brush Customizations
  • Allows unlimited layers
  • Integration with other Adobe Softwares
  • Works only on Pixels and not on vectors.
  • It has a very high learning curve and is not beginner friendly.
  • Starts lagging as the file size gets bigger and more layers are added.
  • Works on a subscription model which is also priced quite high.
Adobe Photoshop is widely used in the ed-tech industry be it illustrations for production, graphics for marketing, or infographics for sales. It is one software that can handle any pixel related tasks and is considered a market standard. Put on your creative cap and master the software cause the possibilities are endless. On top of that Adobe brings out timely updates and adds new features every now and then which you didn't even think you needed but you're glad it's here now.
November 17, 2021

Photo editing

A big help in editing photos. From raw copy to a majestic photo finish. Lots of improvement. From its original version way back. With photoshop enhancing photos has been become so easy nowadays. Even we can put additional layouts, design on a simple photo will become more artistic.
  • From raw photo to great copy.
  • Additional features or designs.
  • Size of version.
Photo become easy nowadays because of editing. You can take a raw copy and edit thru photoshop and the photo will become lively. Most of the artists nowadays are very professional in editing. Even in smart mobiles we can install Photoshop app and edit old photos.
  • no training
I based my rating of 10 to it's benefits, functionality and uses. Since then Adobe Photoshop has been very updated, they update base on the market needs. They innovate base on the needs and wants of the market, they always update their software and the application versions.
WaEl ElEsAwY | TrustRadius Reviewer
Photoshop is one of the best design programs ever. It is the best program for every designer. There is no alternative to it in this field. It is enough for me to design all my images, advertisements, cards, and everything related to our advertising.
  • Designing prints for advertisements, personal cards, brochures and pop-ups.
  • Corporate logos.
  • Please provide lighter copies because modern copies are sometimes heavy.
It is the best, but I hope the Android version will be developed with the same capabilities as the desktop versions.
Camilo Honorato | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used it as the Growth Team to create posts, banners and other marketing materials. It is helping us to solve several things like Social media posting, Ads campaigns, Website material, etc.. Along with this, we use Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere Pro I don´t think other departments used it right now.
  • Social Media Posting
  • It does not use every graphic resources
  • Fast to execute
  • Easy interface (when you used it for a time)
  • An "Easy Mode" for inexpert users
  • More preset forms
  • More preset effects
For a Social Media campaign! You can design a lot of graphics material with Photoshop to showcase your products and services I don't think a scenario where Photoshop is not appropriate, except when you are working with vectors, in which case, you should use Illustrator. But for everything else, Adobe Photoshop is the gold standard.
We use Adobe Photoshop for making Beautiful Banners and Photos of the Client's Company for marketing. Photoshop makes the photo look the most attractive so we design background for our GUI Softwares and also design a Logo for the company. It does not have any business problems expect it's not that easy to use.
  • Photo Editing
  • Photo Merging
  • Image Filtering
  • Beautiful Themes can be created
  • Best for Designing any GUI
  • Documentation.
  • Difficulty in finding the tools.
  • Uses a lot of RAM
Designing pamphlets for marketing purposes for the events, exhibitions, etc. Easier design a Logo for a freelancer. It's also a good platform to edit a picture for having it as a Profile Photo on different social media platforms. GUI Developers can use it for creating a basic design for their Software.
I use Adobe PhotoShop as a family photographer for advanced and creative editing of images. Basic edits are done with Adobe Lightroom but anything that requires advanced editing, such as skin touchups, head swaps, removing distracting elements, etc. we use Photoshop. It is a very powerful tool that we are constantly using and learning more about its functionality.
  • Head swaps - replacing a better face/facial expression from a different image
  • Skin corrections - blurring, sharpening, contouring
  • Removing distracting elements from the background
  • It is a huge program that I am constantly learning about its features. For the most part whenever I think 'I wish I could do x with Photoshop' I'll Google it and find that it can be done, and I'll learn how. I find that using Photoshop is a constant learning process.
  • I dislike the switch from buying the program outright to paying a monthly fee for using the Adobe suite
I think that Lightroom is much more suited for batch processing basic edits such as cropping, basic color corrections, contrast, brightness. It is very tedious to try to use Photoshop for those aspects of editing. Photoshop excels at advanced editing techniques where images can be greatly enhanced by creative processes and individual hand-editing. I definitely use actions to speed up some of the editing processes. That being said, I strongly dislike the use of Photoshop to alter body images - whether enlarging/puffing up areas of the body or shrinking other areas. However, that is not a flaw in the product but how it is used and promotes unhealthy body image in society.