Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.Photoshop is still the best in its classWe use Photoshop everyday to design graphics, adjust photography, produce mockups, and support various business activities. Though not everyone in our office is a power user, everyone is comfortable opening a file and making adjustments to it on a regular basis. Photoshop is one of the core apps our business uses to provide services to our clients and it would be difficult to do business without it.,Edit photography. Design mockups for the web. Create social media graphics.,It's a weighty app. Can be overkill for small projects. Steep initial learning curve.,10,Allows us to quickly turn around graphic projects. Subscription model means we don't ever have to worry about running out of date software. I'm not sure there is one single app more integral to running our business.,9,10,Canva, Sketch and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat DCPhotoshop reviewWe use Photoshop to mark up maps, photos, etc. in order to effectively communicate information to others. Also utilized to generate time-lapse compositions of project progress. Photoshop is an essential tool for architects as they create renderings for clients. When used to its full extent, the software can quickly enhance, alter or generate images.,Enhancing photos. Changing backgrounds. Creating layers.,Tutorials. File converting. Feathering.,9,Enhanced images. Ease of communication through pictures. Architects use for renderings.,8,8,Hetman Photo Recovery,CMiC Project ManagementPhotoshop - industry standard for good reason!We use Photoshop in all of our design work. We use it for graphic design purposes, but also in creating graphics for video projects as well. It is a tried and true software and we wouldn't be able to do everything we need to in order to succeed with out it!,Photoshop makes it really easy to adjust settings on photography projects Photoshop is great for making graphic design pieces Incorporating photography and graphic design together is very simple to do!,Photoshop is one of the best programs out there. I really can't think of anything it doesn't do well.,10,Photoshop has been great at enhancing our photography work. Photoshop is instrumental in our graphic design pieces. It is a fabulous return on investment.,9,10,Adobe Illustrator CC,Microsoft 365 Business, Blackboard Learn, Adobe Illustrator CCPhotoshop for LifeI use Photoshop in almost everything I do on a daily basis in the marketing department. I use it for making social media pushes, email blasts, advertisements, online publications and of course for cleaning up photos and editing purposes. Photoshop makes it possible to come up with the best looking artwork and is heavily involved in the luxury that our product conveys, it brings our product and our creations to life.,Photoshop hides my mistakes! If something ever needs to be touched up or edited, Photoshop makes that possible and easy. By simply using the touch up tool I can easily cover up blemishes on faces or dirt spots on athletic equipment. Photoshop makes it easy to edit text, delete text, and create text.With various options I can easily and quickly make any word into a gleaming billboard with just a few edits. Effects in Photoshop make it super easy to blur out backgrounds, transform my subjects and create visual effects quickly and efficiently.,Photoshop takes a long time to learn everything there is to learn. For some people Photoshop is simply too complicated. The magnetic lasso tool frustrates me, I wish it was a little more accurate and a lot simpler. I understand there are better and more effective ways, but its just a pointless tool that to me does not function the way it should I think there should be an auto group option for the layers where it automatically detects if something is text and then groups all the text layers into one folder. Would just make it more efficient.,10,Better quality photos at a lower price In-house photo editing saves money on hiring third party,Adobe Media Optimizer,10The Gold Standard for Graphics EditingAs a technical education facility, offering digital media communications training to high school juniors and seniors, Photoshop is an essential aspect of our course— in terms of education and marketing. We utilize Photoshop for creating program marketing materials for enrollment, which are published by our organization for distribution to local high schools. Photoshop is one of the core applications taught to our students in our program as part of our graphic design and photo retouching and manipulation curriculum. Finally, students in our program complete client work for local organizations and businesses, designing advertisements such as posters, flyers, brochures, digital ads and banners, graphics for video productions, and much more. When it comes to creating graphics or photo editing, Photoshop is our first (and often last) stop.,Highly Functional & Extremely Versatile — Users can accomplish a LOT with Photoshop, including photo restoration, graphic design, vector-based art creation (such as logo design), digital painting... even animation! Industry Standard — Adobe Photoshop is one of the industry-leading software for graphic editing. Responsive and Reliable — Photoshop runs extremely smooth. I rarely ever run into any issues or glitches due to software malfunction. It does what it does, and it does it well.,Learning Curve — Photoshop is a deep software— the basic tools and functions that new users will first encounter only scratch the surface of what Photoshop is truly capable of. Completing basic image manipulation (such as resizing, cropping, and painting on the canvas) can be easy to quickly pick up, but most of its functionality takes time to learn and master— which can be a bit intimidating for some users. Adobe Creative Cloud / Subscription Service — Photoshop is not a software that can be outright purchased (anymore). Adobe has bundled PS within its Creative Cloud apps bundles, which are all subscription-based. For beginners and experts, this can be great— beginners only pay for what they need (monthly) and experts never have to worry about losing out on new features as upgrades are included with the subscription. However, I have talked with many users who only need a functional version of the software without the need for future updates and wish to purchase a software license outright who are disappointed by this. Hefty Install — Photoshop takes up significant hard drive space— both the software and the Photoshop files themselves. Plan on having a large hard drive with plenty of memory space to accommodate this software.,9,Photoshop is versatile enough that we can utilize a single software for all graphics needs.,Adobe Illustrator CC and CorelDRAW Graphics Suite,Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe XDTweaking your photos to the next level.I am a full-time professional architectural photographer. Admittedly, I use several editing tools in producing finished images for my clients. PhotoShop is very good for a variety of editing tweaks used by photographers and in just about all photographic genres.,PhotoShop has the tools that allow the user to make adjustments to very specific areas of your image. PhotoShop has the tool you need to properly size photos for all different media uses. PhotoShop has the tool that wil place your copyright information onto your image. PhotoShop has a pretty good color palette for adjusting, or for even changing a color completely. Additionally, PhotoShop does a decent job in converting color to B&W. PhotoShop has built into the program an extensive “help” library that will give you very good guidance on just about any procedure that you’re trying to accomplish. Beyond basic editing, PhotoShop has built-in creative features that you can use to do all kinds of things to give your images that personal touch.,PhotoShop is my secondary editing program, and I use PhotoShop for specific purposes. In my opinion, PhotoShop is weaker than another professional editing program at adjusting highlights, shadows and mid-tones. Skin tone coloration could be better as well. Some of the tools are not instinctively intuitive, and you may need to consult the help library. But to Adobes’ credit, they have listened to their users and have continually improved each new version.,7,Regardless of the equipment that you use, most digital images require some tweaking. PhotoShop has given us the tools to make the kinds of adjustments that simply make our images look better. Whether you’re a pro or an avid enthusiast, when you take the time to really learn the nuances of PhotoShop, it’ll be profitable both on an emotional and financial level.ADOBE PHOTOSHOPIn my company, Adobe Photoshop is used for two major purposes. One being used by marketers to design graphics content for social media. The other purpose is to design the layout of a website. Further, I have been using Photoshop myself for the past 2 years to manipulate the pictures that I take, as I do photography as a hobby.,Plenty of design tools which can be used easily by anyone to manipulate the image. It's not just about editing pictures or manipulating pictures, but one can do graphic designing too. The learning curve goes very smooth, as you learn to use one tool it gets very easy to learn other tools too.,Buying the Creative Cloud can be a bit expensive for small companies, but it is very efficient. The interface can be a bit boring sometimes. The total Creative Cloud ecosystem could have been a lot better.,8,Easy to use. Value for money if you can easily afford to pay for its creative cloud. It can be self-taught easily.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Final Cut Pro X, SlackPhotoshop Has Evolved!Adobe Photoshop is used in our marketing department as a staple for photo editing and graphic design. I personally started using Photoshop about 20 years ago and I have seen it grow, change and adapt over the years. For the purposes of business, both internally and externally, Photoshop allows me to accelerate the marketing process of developing engaging content for the purposes of lead generation and brand messaging.,The new content-aware fill in CC 2019 is mind-blowing. What a great job Adobe has done with this algorithm. The masking tools in Photoshop have developed equally as well. The ability to export a layer quickly to a PNG helps extremely in the area of Web design.,As a note, when you upgrade to CC 2019 on a Mac, certain shortcut keys are switched around and you have to manually switch them back. Save For Web is now considered a LEGACY option and, while it is still supported, I don't like this. The masking tools are difficult to use and dial in.,10,Our social media posts look excellent and Photoshop has played a large part in making this happen. We use stock photography and end up changing the color of t-shirts and Photoshop does an excellent job of this. I even design our Web site layouts and e-mail blasts in Photoshop (and InDesign) and we have seen a good ROI on my designs.,,Zoho CRM, Zoho Assist, Adobe Premiere ProAdobe Photoshop - Great for branding, marketing materialMy organization uses Adobe Photoshop in two different departments - marketing and events. The marketing team uses PS to create promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, etc. The events team uses PS to create visuals for their events including banners, flyers, etc. Overall, PS is helping us improve our branding.,Like most Adobe products, there are a ton of educational materials on PS that come directly from the source. There aren't many restrictions on PS. I truly believe the possibilities are endless. PS can be used by a multitude of people ranging from beginners in coordinator roles to advanced in graphic design roles.,I think PS could be a little more intuitive. Since there is so much you can do with it, it's hard to know what every function does without in-depth changes. Like most Adobe products, PS is always updating which can make it hard to keep up year after year.,10,Ability to create graphics in house. Saving money by not having to hire graphic design freelancers. Adobe Photoshop has had an overall positive impact on our branding.,,Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC, Google AnalyticsPhotoshop is best in class, for good reasonWe use Photoshop on a daily basis to edit and manipulate graphics and images for use in our online training courses. I use Lectora as an authoring tool but use Photoshop to edit most of the graphics used in our online courses. Three of us in the training department use it daily and a few people in the marketing department also use it often. It addresses the business need of editing graphics.,Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to editing images. We use it for cropping and resizing stock images or other photos that we take. It is great for adding various filters to an image, adjusting brightness, contrast, etc. It is also very beneficial to utilize the layer functionality. I particularly like to use the "generate assets" feature, which makes it easy to export the different layers into individual assets.,It's a little tricky to get comfortable with all of the features in Photoshop, but there are plenty of tutorials online that will help you grasp what you can actually do with the software. It's not the greatest tool to create graphics in. It's better to edit or manipulate existing graphics.,10,Photoshop is well worth the monthly subscription individually or with the whole CC suite. We have needs for Premiere Pro, Illustrator and other Adobe products, so it makes sense for us to pay for the whole CC suite. Photoshop allows us to edit images quickly and has made our workflow more efficient. Because we use Photoshop, we are able to provide visually stunning and engaging online training courses.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change anything if I had to do the evaluation and selection process again. Getting the Adobe CC Suite (including Photoshop) was and still is a no-brainer. It's the industry standard in image editing for a reason. And I would make the same decision every time, at every new job I am hired to develop online training.Powerful tool for marketing and advertising purposesPhotoshop was used primarily by the design/marketing team, not by the whole organization. It is a robust, powerful app for design and editing, allowing for the department to draft graphics for all occasions. These deliverables of graphic design met the needs of our marketing efforts, including signs, posters, presentation decks, and mock-ups. For brainstorming purposes it worked very well to put ideas to paper that were then iterated in the agile process, and gave other departments and teams the ability to help in the refinement process of marketing deliverables.,Incredible customer support Robust array of tools Versatile and powerful,Brushes are difficult to find/import 3D capabilities are a little forced Maybe more vector capabilities,10,Creating posters and flyers were perfect for marketing purposes Creating awareness of products with these ads increased our user base,Microsoft Office 365,Adobe Illustrator CC, MailChimp, IBM SPSSPhotoshop Is A Fantastic Software Once You Lear How To Use It EffectivelyWe use Adobe Photoshop to design compete website pages on 2000 x 2000 pixel templates. We also design interfaces for web applications and mobile apps. Photoshop is a great tool to create very impactful marketing and advertising visuals. Photo-editing and raster image editing is the bread and butter for Photoshop. We use it for every, single project.,The most obvious is photo-editing. Very powerful in this realm. Website and mobile application design, as my organization often does. Designing marketing & advertising visuals,The user flow could be more inline with other Adobe softwares, such as Illustrator. It would be great if the pen tool worked similar to the pen tool in Illustrator Editing Smart Objects directly in Photoshop would be fantastic,10,We are able to create mockups of website designs before starting development so we do not waste time developing a product our customer will not like. We are able to add value to our marketing efforts through very high-quality images and visuals. At $50 per month for Adobe Creative Cloud, it is a minuscule cost for the mileage we get out of it. We use it for every project.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, WordPress, Fusion 360Photoshop in the Sign IndustryWe use Photoshop daily to edit digital photos for projects. The software allows us to digitally manipulate images and apply effects and lighting to show what completed projects would look like. Blending artwork with images of the client's property allows them to get a full impression of what they are purchasing.,EDIT PHOTOS APPLY LIGHTING EFFECTS BLEND IMAGES APPLY TEXT STYLES CREATE REALISTIC PATTERNS/MATERIALS,I DON'T HAVE ANY SUGGESTED UPDATES, HOWEVER I FEEL THAT ADOBE CONTINUALLY TAKES FEEDBACK ON THEIR PRODUCTS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN UPDATING THEIR PRODUCTS AS THEY KEEP GETTING EASIER TO USE,10,EASY USE STREAMLINES OUR WORKFLOW BEING ABLE TO PROVIDE RENDERINGS FOR CUSTOMERS UPS SALES,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe PhotoshopPhotoshop is rewarding if you give it the timeFor my current position, I mostly use Photoshop for editing marketing collateral. I'm also a photographer so I’ve been using photoshop for a very long time.,It's without a doubt the best all around photo manipulation application. Once you know how to use it, you can do so much with it. Adobe is constantly making improvements to Photoshop. Some of the things you can do now are mind boggling.,It has a really steep learning curve. I've been using Photoshop for over 10 years and there are still things I’m learning. Sometimes it is difficult to find how-to videos online because you don't even know the right jargon to search for. There are also so many different ways that people accomplish the same tasks so it's hard to know which is right for you.,10,Huge. I can't describe how beneficial it has been to have this knowledge. If there was anything I could go back and do in high school, it would be to spend more time learning photoshop. It's such a great skill to have. I wish I had developed it sooner and faster.With Saas, Adobe Photoshop proves once again why it's the industry standardWe had five users of Photoshop in the marketing department. Two of us were photographers, the other three were graphic designers. The photographers would use it to enhance the images for product placement, overall appearance of the image and sizing to fit the needs of the marketing department or client. We found Photoshop better than any of the freeware or other paid programs, especially as part of the Creative Cloud or Photoshop/Lightroom bundles. Constantly updating as revisions are made and knowing you have a legit license with SAAS made Photoshop the best and easiest choice.,One of the worst things about managing Adobe products historically was keeping the license keys with the DVDs so the keys matched hardware profiles if you had to do a system rebuild or restore. Moving to Software as a Service simplified both installation and management of individual and team licenses. Photoshop is the industry standard for image creation, manipulation and processing. The batch processing has come a long way for things like laying down watermarks, creating and managing EXIF data and applying uniform modifications across an entire photo shoot. Embracing HDR and 3D Modeling inside Photoshop allows our designers to create interesting effects that affect how our products are perceived by those who view them online or in print.,The initial learning curve has always been steep, and this is nothing different in the CC models. If you're using multiple monitors, sometimes the palate will float away from the main monitor. Watermarking batching should allow you to use more than just type, like a raster image would be outstanding.,10,Return on Investment is outstanding due to the lower cost of Saas vs Packaged Software. Much fewer worries about going to a place to free-lance and finding pirated software and hoping BSA doesn't show up while you're gigging there. Ability to have more than one Saas Subscription with team management gives greater software control by being able to deactivate licenses on BYOD devices.,Corel Draw Graphics Suite and GIMP,Skype for Business, HipChatVery good program to use.I use Adobe Photoshop for our accreditation process. I have found that using adobe photoshop makes it easier for me to go in and add to my pictures or even better to delete part of the image that is not necessary for my proof. I would recommend Adobe Photoshop for anyone interested in this product.,Makes creating intricate digital paintings simple. I can edit large batches of photos. Adobe Protoshop allows you to use layers and allows me to separate my images and editing into pieces.,Adobe Photoshop is very simple to use. I wish I could think of something but I can't right now. Sorry, that's all I have.,10,Adobe Photoshop has made the product look better. I do not see anyway how it has made a negative impact. Nothing to add here.,Adobe photoshop elements, apple photos and paint.net,Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Access, Apple iCloudPixel please! Photoshop keeps getting better... at most things.Adobe Photoshop is one of the cornerstones of my image-processing workflow. I am the sole employee of my photography company, and because my name is on the letterhead, so to speak, I care deeply about the quality of the work that leaves my studio. Photoshop provides me with the best possible pixel-level image editing that I can ask for. I have been using it since version 5.0, and have used virtually every edition since then. It is one of a handful of pieces of software that I use nearly every day.,Retouching. While there are plenty of programs out there designed for adjusting overall exposure, contrast, color, etc., and while some of them (i.e., Capture One, Lightroom) also have retouching tools that are getting better every day, nothing comes close to Photoshop for retouching portraits, doing pixel-level manipulation. Preparing images for print. Photoshop's resizing and sharpening features are unparalleled, and when preparing images to be printed on paper (or for the web), it allows the control needed to make sure that the image is represented properly for each medium. Layouts and graphics. While Photoshop is primarily known for image editing, it also has robust tools for designing things like Christmas cards and web graphics. Although InDesign is probably a better option for designing print materials, Photoshop certainly leaves the user with plenty of options in a pinch. Plugins. Countless (and I mean COUNTLESS) companies have written plugins for Photoshop, which add functionality.,Learning curve. This is due primarily to the extensive feature set, so I can't complain about it too much, but just like a 747 is more difficult to fly (or to learn how to fly) than a Piper Cub, the sheer number of things you can do with Photoshop means it may be daunting for new users. Working with large numbers of images. Wedding, event, and portrait photographers will certainly want a companion program to help organize images and apply adjustments to groups of images. Photoshop just doesn't seem designed to handle this aspect of the workflow efficiently. Beyond these, I can identify several minor areas where I'd like to see Photoshop improve (better built-in black and white presets, better image enlargement) but in general, any quibbles I have are the result of Adobe saying, "Hey, let's not dumb this down. Let's provide the best possible base-level tools to our users, and let them create art with it." I would rather have more potential that's harder to use, than an easy to use program that's limited in functionality.,10,It's not a matter of what the ROI has been. I couldn't do my job without this program, plain and simple. There simply isn't anything that can meaningfully compete with it. For the cost of Adobe's Creative Cloud for Photographers plan, which includes Photoshop and Lightroom, this is a steal. Any photographer can tell you, there is an astonishingly high number of people out there who want themselves retouched (thinner! get rid of the wrinkles! please remove the trash can from the background!) -- Photoshop enables me to do this with ease.,Lightroom and Capture One,Wrike, Typeform, Adobe Acrobat DC, Evernote, OneDrive, DropboxPhotoshop is better than any other product in its fieldPhotoshop is being used to edit photos. It is used by me, the photographer, as well as my editor. We use it to make the photos look more professional, rather than give someone the raw, unedited images. This in turn makes the consumer of our product happier with the end results.,Great spot correction and use of clone stamping. Lots of versatility in what you can accomplish with it. Excellent curves abilities to adjust lighting.,The cloud-based system is ridiculous. Consumers have expressed this and they have not done anything about it. The price is pretty high and can seem out of reach for many companies and nonprofits. It is hard to use at first until you get used to it. There is a big learning curve.,9,Makes people want to pay more for photos because they look more professional. If you don't get enough work, the fact you have to pay monthly can be detrimental. Makes my business look more professional when having the ability to use this product.,Gimp,Adobe Illustrator CC, AdWords, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, WordPressAdobe Photoshop is Dropping the Bomb on Its CompetitionPhotoshop has been used by the CRM team for 7+ years as a means for editing email and website content. This is used across the team and into the other departments within our marketing department. We used to try free photo editors but nothing really compares to Photoshop and it is the industry standard.,Photo editing Website content editing CRM email editing of photos and other content,Somewhat daunting when you first use it based on all of the features The user interface has changed a bit over the years that makes it not as inviting for older users Some of the features are a bit buried in layers of tabs,9,Not wasting time with other photo editors that are less powerful Saved time having in-house talent use this versus sending out photos to be manipulated by a graphic designer The time we saved on print work has been great as well,Adobe Illustrator CCGraphic for allAdobe Photoshop is absolutely the best Photo Editing program. The primary use of Photoshop is purely aimed at editing photos or images for the introduction of these in advertising graphics often worked concurrently with Abobe Illustrator. The result deriving from the use of both ensures a professional and attractive product.,excellent functionality to remove objects or items in the picture Photographic filters of post production of the highest level intuitive and easy to use tools,compatibility problems with files saved via later versions on images with a very high resolution if you do not have a good graphics card the application slows down a lot, especially if you have more levels if you are a single user and want the full suite of adobe, the cost is quite high,9,autonomy in the graphic management of the sites speed in image editing no need to buy graphic works outsidePhotoshop: Trust the best!We use Adobe Photoshop to do wireframing for some of our projects. We have used it both for new projects as well as to make amendments to existing projects. We have photoshop installed on 2 of our machines, and we have about 4 people who are proficient in Photoshop. So we have used it for graphic design to make business cards for the company as well as use it for making Facebook or other social media banners as well. We also manipulated our logo to be used on a variety of items using Photoshop.,It's great for a compilation of different elements. We have used it to make postcards with our logo and our vendor's logos. Resisizing Images. We have used Photoshop to make any image fit any social media site requirements. Wireframing and Prototyping. We used it to wireframe our new software dev projects.,Takes a lot of RAM - Running Photoshop sometimes makes other programs run slower on older machines. The file sizes are defaulted to be VERY big and resizing it makes it pretty complicated.,9,We have saved tons of time and energy after installing Photoshop as we didn't need to send any digital marketing items outside of the company. Now some of our existing staff is helping with digital marketing using Photoshop to create ads. Adding skills to our resume using Photoshop as one of the widely recognized programs. It's definitely worth learning and then putting it on LinkedIn or a resume as one of the skills.,CinePaint, Gimp, Pain and QuarkExpress,Balsamiq, Pivotal Tracker, Justinmind, Slack, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Project, Aspera Managed File Transfer, Okta, HP Asset ManagerPerfect for Photos and More!We used Photoshop for both business and marketing purposes. It was used across the whole organization. It was the go to tool for pixel based projects. The options in the program offer endless creative possibilities. It was a staple in our creative process.,It goes without saying that this program is great for photo editing. The range of tools to edit, transform and modify digital photos allows for any type of editing. The amount of precision editing that can be achieved makes for seamless photos that don’t look edited. For digital projects that are more painterly in nature, the brush tool can used to great effect. There is good control.,The subscription service is fine, but I’d like to have the option to choose a disk.,10,This product was necessary for business and had a positive impact on our work. Without it we wouldn’t have had a product to sell. The fact that there are little alternative programs that are this comprehensive means you’re stuck with the subscription service.,pixlr,Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Illustrator CCPhotoshop - a winner in graphic design softwareI use Adobe Photoshop for my art classes as well as in all my graphic design work. Photoshop gives me the ability to create unique flyers containing manipulated photographs (light adjusted/cropped/resized/filtered/etc.). I also use Photoshop to convert files into different formats and appreciate that the software allows the user to easily import vector illustrations and text from Adobe Illustrator as well. I take many individual photos of my students' artwork and Photoshop allows me to create one cohesive piece containing all those photos together for a class display and/or marketing flyer which can be printed and/or saved in a variety of file size formats depending on my needs.,photo manipulation (cutting out backgrounds, cropping, light adjustment, color adjustment, filtering, red eye reduction and much more) tools are easy to use with many shortcut options and possibilities are endless as to what you can create with filters the fact that you can have a layer with a smart object/vector creation and keep it in that format to be able to edit it later is very useful,If there was a search bar that would guide the user to the most often used/popular way to achieve a graphic effect and in addition, the absolute quickest way to achieve that same effect I would find that helpful and a huge timesaver. If the filter preview box could be larger without slowing down the program that would be helpful. As there are so many hidden tools in Photoshop, having a pop-up menu come up once those tools are selected that describes what the tool primarily handles, would be useful.,9,Adobe Photoshop is worth the investment. This software has been useful both personally and professionally. Photoshop is a necessary tool in graphic design.,Paint.net,Adobe Flash, Microsoft Office 2016, Google Forms, Google AnalyticsPhotoshop, it's cool.In my department, I currently work as a curriculum developer creating web-based trainings. So, for me, Photoshop is used for, of course, image editing so they can be implemented within Captivate.,The options it gives for saving in different file formats as well as adjusting the image size and resolution to either increase and/or (or in my case) decrease the file size of the image without losing image quality. I like the layer options Photoshop provides. Not only being able to add multiple layers and edit each individually, but the blending options also provided. I love the ability to 'record' multiple steps so if you have a monotonous task that has repetitive steps that can be applied to multiple files, you can record your steps and perform that as one function for each image with the click of a button.,As far as image editing goes, this does exactly what it is supposed to for me. My demands are not extensive, so I do not have any current issues with this program.,10,For those knowledgeable in its use, this is a huge time saver when it comes to image manipulation/editing. It is less so when users are new to the program. In many aspects though, it is well worth its value.,,Adobe Captivate, SnagitA poweful editing platform for professional resultsI primarily used Photoshop for my own digital media projects and with photography. Photoshop offers an amazing design and editing tools that are far beyond the scope of other competitor products. The professional capabilities are breathtaking. While many uses Adobe Lightroom, I find Adobe Photoshop to be more than capable to dealing with heavy photography projects and design illustrations. Its ability to use third party plugins or filters really open the power for product up.,Adobe Photoshop really produces some of the most amazing photographs and images with the right techniques The program has great compatibility with most camera raw formats for photo editing purposes Photoshop is has incredibly powerful tools to edit photographs and images that are seldom found in other editing programs,Photoshop is not the easiest program to simply pick up and learn. It does require a learning curve to produce the best results. The interface of Photoshop is unique and sometimes requires patience if one is not used its intricacies. If Photoshop had some batch processing capabilities, it would be perfect.,9,Photoshop really produces professional results that make images appear more professional in nature With its large compatibility with multiple image formats, Photoshop can help save time by combining editing features for different types of images. Although slight more expensive than other products, It has capabilities that many marketing and design firms need.,,Google Analytics, Analytics SEO, Blogger,The RAW editing features are easy to learn and use Utilizing filters is very easy in Photoshop Converting images into different formats is also easy with Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop Reviews

Adobe Photoshop

Filter 1314 vetted Adobe Photoshop reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Nicholas De Salvo profile photo
August 09, 2019

Photoshop is still the best in its class

• Edit photography.
  • Design mockups for the web.
  • Create social media graphics.
  • It's a weighty app.
  • Can be overkill for small projects.
  • Steep initial learning curve.
Photoshop has been my default design app for 20 years. It's well-established and quite versatile for many of the things I would like it to do. It fits in well with its product family workflow where you can import from or to Illustrator and prepare graphics for layout in InDesign. It can be weighty and if you're looking for a lot of predesigned templates for social media, it's probably best to look elsewhere, but where Photoshop excels is giving pros the tools to use it how it works for them.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review

• Creating layers.
  • Tutorials.
  • File converting.
  • Feathering.
Photoshop is well suited to edit, enhance or create images. The limit is endless as to the possibility of what can be created. Whether the user is using one photo or one-hundred, the program lets you easily keep a record of every action through the layers. Photoshop should not be used in a scenario when images should not be altered for ethical reasons.
Read Nicholas Yager's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
August 09, 2019

Photoshop - industry standard for good reason!

• Photoshop makes it really easy to adjust settings on photography projects
  • Photoshop is great for making graphic design pieces
  • Incorporating photography and graphic design together is very simple to do!
  • Photoshop is one of the best programs out there. I really can't think of anything it doesn't do well.
Photoshop is great if you want to take your photography work to the next level. Learning to use photoshop can turn a novice photographer into someone who looks more professional. A lot of good photography work happens after the pictures are taken and what the photographer does with it after the fact.
Read Matt Graf's full review
Tracee Meyers profile photo

Photoshop for Life

• Photoshop hides my mistakes! If something ever needs to be touched up or edited, Photoshop makes that possible and easy. By simply using the touch up tool I can easily cover up blemishes on faces or dirt spots on athletic equipment.
  • Photoshop makes it easy to edit text, delete text, and create text.With various options I can easily and quickly make any word into a gleaming billboard with just a few edits.
  • Effects in Photoshop make it super easy to blur out backgrounds, transform my subjects and create visual effects quickly and efficiently.
  • Photoshop takes a long time to learn everything there is to learn. For some people Photoshop is simply too complicated.
  • The magnetic lasso tool frustrates me, I wish it was a little more accurate and a lot simpler. I understand there are better and more effective ways, but its just a pointless tool that to me does not function the way it should
  • I think there should be an auto group option for the layers where it automatically detects if something is text and then groups all the text layers into one folder. Would just make it more efficient.
If you are doing simple tasks, Photoshop may be too complicated, but if you spend your day editing and creating images, then Photoshop is completely necessary.
Read Tracee Meyers's full review
Dan Talvi profile photo
February 03, 2019

The Gold Standard for Graphics Editing

• Highly Functional & Extremely Versatile — Users can accomplish a LOT with Photoshop, including photo restoration, graphic design, vector-based art creation (such as logo design), digital painting... even animation!
  • Industry Standard — Adobe Photoshop is one of the industry-leading software for graphic editing.
  • Responsive and Reliable — Photoshop runs extremely smooth. I rarely ever run into any issues or glitches due to software malfunction. It does what it does, and it does it well.
  • Learning Curve — Photoshop is a deep software— the basic tools and functions that new users will first encounter only scratch the surface of what Photoshop is truly capable of. Completing basic image manipulation (such as resizing, cropping, and painting on the canvas) can be easy to quickly pick up, but most of its functionality takes time to learn and master— which can be a bit intimidating for some users.
  • Adobe Creative Cloud / Subscription Service — Photoshop is not a software that can be outright purchased (anymore). Adobe has bundled PS within its Creative Cloud apps bundles, which are all subscription-based. For beginners and experts, this can be great— beginners only pay for what they need (monthly) and experts never have to worry about losing out on new features as upgrades are included with the subscription. However, I have talked with many users who only need a functional version of the software without the need for future updates and wish to purchase a software license outright who are disappointed by this.
  • Hefty Install — Photoshop takes up significant hard drive space— both the software and the Photoshop files themselves. Plan on having a large hard drive with plenty of memory space to accommodate this software.
There are many situations where Photoshop is well suited— even when it isn't one of the core purposes of the software. Adobe Photoshop is intended for raster (pixel-based) image editing, such as photos. PS provides users with an extremely wide variety of tools, effects, filters, and utilities to manipulate these photos as desired— especially with the content-aware features which allows Photoshop to automatically generate pixel data from the existing image and naturally blend it with the original photo. In addition to photo manipulation, Photoshop also provides vector-based graphics and tools for creating logos and other graphic designs (which are a sampling of features pulled from Adobe's vector editing software, Illustrator).
Read Dan Talvi's full review
Jeff Siegel profile photo
December 09, 2018

Tweaking your photos to the next level.

• PhotoShop has the tools that allow the user to make adjustments to very specific areas of your image.
  • PhotoShop has the tool you need to properly size photos for all different media uses.
  • PhotoShop has the tool that wil place your copyright information onto your image.
  • PhotoShop has a pretty good color palette for adjusting, or for even changing a color completely. Additionally, PhotoShop does a decent job in converting color to B&W.
  • PhotoShop has built into the program an extensive “help” library that will give you very good guidance on just about any procedure that you’re trying to accomplish.
  • Beyond basic editing, PhotoShop has built-in creative features that you can use to do all kinds of things to give your images that personal touch.
  • PhotoShop is my secondary editing program, and I use PhotoShop for specific purposes. In my opinion, PhotoShop is weaker than another professional editing program at adjusting highlights, shadows and
  • mid-tones.
  • Skin tone coloration could be better as well.
  • Some of the tools are not instinctively intuitive, and you may need to consult the help library. But to Adobes’ credit, they have listened to their users and have continually improved each new version.
PhotoShop is a great editing program for 90% of the photographers out there, and will do everything you need to do to “perfect” your images. I would have to say that PhotoShop is not as good as another professional program if you are shooting with a very high resolution camera setup, and precision lenses.
Read Jeff Siegel's full review
karan datt vashisht profile photo
September 04, 2018

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP

• Plenty of design tools which can be used easily by anyone to manipulate the image.
  • It's not just about editing pictures or manipulating pictures, but one can do graphic designing too.
  • The learning curve goes very smooth, as you learn to use one tool it gets very easy to learn other tools too.
  • Buying the Creative Cloud can be a bit expensive for small companies, but it is very efficient.
  • The interface can be a bit boring sometimes.
  • The total Creative Cloud ecosystem could have been a lot better.
It can be very useful if you have to do minor or hardcore manipulations on an image. Whereas it can be a bit of a gimmick while designing. By using vector graphics everything can be a lot easier. For designing the basic layout of a website and showing it to the developers, it can make the job a lot easier.
Read karan datt vashisht's full review
November 01, 2018

Photoshop Has Evolved!

• The new content-aware fill in CC 2019 is mind-blowing. What a great job Adobe has done with this algorithm.
  • The masking tools in Photoshop have developed equally as well.
  • The ability to export a layer quickly to a PNG helps extremely in the area of Web design.
  • As a note, when you upgrade to CC 2019 on a Mac, certain shortcut keys are switched around and you have to manually switch them back.
  • Save For Web is now considered a LEGACY option and, while it is still supported, I don't like this.
  • The masking tools are difficult to use and dial in.
Interestingly enough, having seen Photoshop change over the years, I actually started using it for graphic design, when other Adobe apps at the time were much more suited for layout. What you need to use Photoshop for and what I PREFER it for is photo editing. I have not yet gotten into Lightroom, which I am told is extremely customizable, but the ability to edit a RAW file right inside Photoshop, turn it into and save it out as a JPEG or TIFF is good enough for me!
Lauren Holloway profile photo
June 14, 2018

Adobe Photoshop - Great for branding, marketing material

• Like most Adobe products, there are a ton of educational materials on PS that come directly from the source.
  • There aren't many restrictions on PS. I truly believe the possibilities are endless.
  • PS can be used by a multitude of people ranging from beginners in coordinator roles to advanced in graphic design roles.
  • I think PS could be a little more intuitive. Since there is so much you can do with it, it's hard to know what every function does without in-depth changes.
  • Like most Adobe products, PS is always updating which can make it hard to keep up year after year.
Adobe Photoshop is well suited for editing photos and creating graphics. I think a product like Adobe InDesign or Illustrator is better for creating text-heavy documents such as brochures.
Read Lauren Holloway's full review
Danny Wood profile photo
May 22, 2018

Photoshop is best in class, for good reason

• Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to editing images. We use it for cropping and resizing stock images or other photos that we take.
  • It is great for adding various filters to an image, adjusting brightness, contrast, etc.
  • It is also very beneficial to utilize the layer functionality. I particularly like to use the "generate assets" feature, which makes it easy to export the different layers into individual assets.
  • It's a little tricky to get comfortable with all of the features in Photoshop, but there are plenty of tutorials online that will help you grasp what you can actually do with the software.
  • It's not the greatest tool to create graphics in. It's better to edit or manipulate existing graphics.
If you are dealing with graphics/images/photographs on a daily basis, then Photoshop is a necessity. Sure, there are other programs out there that you can edit with, but Photoshop is the most robust and well known tool to use. If you only need a tool to crop an image every now and again or resize an image occasionally, then you could easily get away with other image editors such as Windows Paint, Pixlr or Gimp.
Read Danny Wood's full review
Jared Hansen profile photo
August 09, 2018

Powerful tool for marketing and advertising purposes

• Incredible customer support
  • Robust array of tools
  • Versatile and powerful
  • Brushes are difficult to find/import
  • 3D capabilities are a little forced
  • Maybe more vector capabilities
Photoshop is best suited when used to create documents with various or multiple layers. It is also well suited when specifically creating aliased images or documents. This means pixeled documents, that hold their resolution and aren't designed to be scaled up or down. I know that I often use Photoshop for everything, but there are scenarios where other tools are better. Digital painting works better with Krita. Text-heavy things like books or PDFs need InDesign. Things like that.
Read Jared Hansen's full review
Samuel Crawford profile photo
May 21, 2018

Photoshop Is A Fantastic Software Once You Lear How To Use It Effectively

• The most obvious is photo-editing. Very powerful in this realm.
  • Website and mobile application design, as my organization often does.
  • Designing marketing & advertising visuals
  • The user flow could be more inline with other Adobe softwares, such as Illustrator.
  • It would be great if the pen tool worked similar to the pen tool in Illustrator
  • Editing Smart Objects directly in Photoshop would be fantastic
Adobe Photoshop is very well-suited for designing websites and mobile application interfaces, editing photography, and performing any design changes to raster (pixel-dependent) images. It is not appropriate for creating vector graphics that are intended to be scaled freely or blown up to large sizes. Luckily, it works very well with Adobe Illustrator for anything vector-based.
Read Samuel Crawford's full review
May 11, 2018

Photoshop in the Sign Industry

• EDIT PHOTOS
  • APPLY LIGHTING EFFECTS
  • BLEND IMAGES
  • APPLY TEXT STYLES
  • CREATE REALISTIC PATTERNS/MATERIALS
  • I DON'T HAVE ANY SUGGESTED UPDATES, HOWEVER I FEEL THAT ADOBE CONTINUALLY TAKES FEEDBACK ON THEIR PRODUCTS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN UPDATING THEIR PRODUCTS AS THEY KEEP GETTING EASIER TO USE
Photoshop is fantastic for photo manipulation, collages, blending and text effects. It allows the creative community to create work that is realistic and unique. The text functions are not as intuitive as Illustrator, however, the SMART OBJECTS allow you to work seamlessly between the two programs which save time and energy.
July 13, 2018

Photoshop is rewarding if you give it the time

• It's without a doubt the best all around photo manipulation application. Once you know how to use it, you can do so much with it.
  • Adobe is constantly making improvements to Photoshop. Some of the things you can do now are mind boggling.
  • It has a really steep learning curve. I've been using Photoshop for over 10 years and there are still things I’m learning.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to find how-to videos online because you don't even know the right jargon to search for. There are also so many different ways that people accomplish the same tasks so it's hard to know which is right for you.
Love the program but it's because I put in the time and effort to learn it.
Eric Broz profile photo
December 04, 2017

With Saas, Adobe Photoshop proves once again why it's the industry standard

• One of the worst things about managing Adobe products historically was keeping the license keys with the DVDs so the keys matched hardware profiles if you had to do a system rebuild or restore. Moving to Software as a Service simplified both installation and management of individual and team licenses.
  • Photoshop is the industry standard for image creation, manipulation and processing. The batch processing has come a long way for things like laying down watermarks, creating and managing EXIF data and applying uniform modifications across an entire photo shoot.
  • Embracing HDR and 3D Modeling inside Photoshop allows our designers to create interesting effects that affect how our products are perceived by those who view them online or in print.
  • The initial learning curve has always been steep, and this is nothing different in the CC models.
  • If you're using multiple monitors, sometimes the palate will float away from the main monitor.
  • Watermarking batching should allow you to use more than just type, like a raster image would be outstanding.
Up and coming photographers and designers had steered away from Photoshop or Lightroom for years or relied on pirated versions of the software because of the huge initial investment. Migrating to SaaS has lowered the price significantly, and lowered pirated copies of Adobe software in general. The photographers I talk to, even those in school, all have a legal, licensed, Saas Subscription for the Lightroom/Photoshop bundle.
Read Eric Broz's full review
Buck Buchanan profile photo
September 11, 2017

Very good program to use.

I use Adobe Photoshop for our accreditation process. I have found that using Adobe Photoshop makes it easier for me to go in and add to my pictures or even better to delete part of the image that is not necessary for my proof. I would recommend Adobe Photoshop for anyone interested in this product.
  • Makes creating intricate digital paintings simple.
  • I can edit large batches of photos.
  • Adobe Protoshop allows you to use layers and allows me to separate my images and editing into pieces.
  • Adobe Photoshop is very simple to use.
  • I wish I could think of something but I can't right now.
  • Sorry, that's all I have.
I've used the blur, sharpen, and smudge tools quite often in order help enhance the pixels in photos. Blur is really good to loosen and diffuse pixels. Sharpen has the opposite effect of blur and smudge lets you take the color you've selected and puts it into the area where you place your cursor.
Read Buck Buchanan's full review
December 28, 2017

Pixel please! Photoshop keeps getting better... at most things.

• Retouching. While there are plenty of programs out there designed for adjusting overall exposure, contrast, color, etc., and while some of them (i.e., Capture One, Lightroom) also have retouching tools that are getting better every day, nothing comes close to Photoshop for retouching portraits, doing pixel-level manipulation.
  • Preparing images for print. Photoshop's resizing and sharpening features are unparalleled, and when preparing images to be printed on paper (or for the web), it allows the control needed to make sure that the image is represented properly for each medium.
  • Layouts and graphics. While Photoshop is primarily known for image editing, it also has robust tools for designing things like Christmas cards and web graphics. Although InDesign is probably a better option for designing print materials, Photoshop certainly leaves the user with plenty of options in a pinch.
  • Plugins. Countless (and I mean COUNTLESS) companies have written plugins for Photoshop, which add functionality.
  • Learning curve. This is due primarily to the extensive feature set, so I can't complain about it too much, but just like a 747 is more difficult to fly (or to learn how to fly) than a Piper Cub, the sheer number of things you can do with Photoshop means it may be daunting for new users.
  • Working with large numbers of images. Wedding, event, and portrait photographers will certainly want a companion program to help organize images and apply adjustments to groups of images. Photoshop just doesn't seem designed to handle this aspect of the workflow efficiently.
  • Beyond these, I can identify several minor areas where I'd like to see Photoshop improve (better built-in black and white presets, better image enlargement) but in general, any quibbles I have are the result of Adobe saying, "Hey, let's not dumb this down. Let's provide the best possible base-level tools to our users, and let them create art with it." I would rather have more potential that's harder to use, than an easy to use program that's limited in functionality.
Great for photographers and designers. Users who have a significant amount of page layout or desktop publishing to do would do well to consider alternatives that are dedicated to such a purpose. Additionally, as I mentioned elsewhere, while Photoshop is a critical piece of my workflow, it's not the only necessary piece, especially for photographers with a high volume of images to work through.
February 16, 2018

Photoshop is better than any other product in its field

• Great spot correction and use of clone stamping.
  • Lots of versatility in what you can accomplish with it.
  • Excellent curves abilities to adjust lighting.
  • The cloud-based system is ridiculous. Consumers have expressed this and they have not done anything about it.
  • The price is pretty high and can seem out of reach for many companies and nonprofits.
  • It is hard to use at first until you get used to it. There is a big learning curve.
Photoshop is definitely useful for photo editing and some graphic design. Photoshop is definitely the best for editing and getting rid of blemishes, etc. when compared to Lightroom. However, I would not use it primarily for graphic design because the features are not as well equipped. For that, I would instead use Illustrator.
February 07, 2018

Adobe Photoshop is Dropping the Bomb on Its Competition

• Photo editing
  • Website content editing
  • CRM email editing of photos and other content
  • Somewhat daunting when you first use it based on all of the features
  • The user interface has changed a bit over the years that makes it not as inviting for older users
  • Some of the features are a bit buried in layers of tabs
Adobe Photoshop is best suited for any person needing to do any kind of digital photo or illustration editing or creation. We use it for creating email graphics and content but it can be used across departments for digital and print work. It is very well suited for editing and manipulation of photographs but can be used for light vector editing and text.
February 09, 2018

Graphic for all

• excellent functionality to remove objects or items in the picture
  • Photographic filters of post production of the highest level
  • intuitive and easy to use tools
  • compatibility problems with files saved via later versions
  • on images with a very high resolution if you do not have a good graphics card the application slows down a lot, especially if you have more levels
  • if you are a single user and want the full suite of adobe, the cost is quite high
If you are a graphic designer and you work in a development company you will definitely use Photoshop very much to edit images to be used on web pages, certainly not spoil a little 'html knowledge to gain more advantage and to create web pages with images easily integrated and resizable
August 30, 2017

Photoshop: Trust the best!

• It's great for a compilation of different elements. We have used it to make postcards with our logo and our vendor's logos.
  • Resisizing Images. We have used Photoshop to make any image fit any social media site requirements.
  • Wireframing and Prototyping. We used it to wireframe our new software dev projects.
  • Takes a lot of RAM - Running Photoshop sometimes makes other programs run slower on older machines.
  • The file sizes are defaulted to be VERY big and resizing it makes it pretty complicated.
It's an amazing tool for people who want to invest some time and energy in learning how to work Photoshop. There are a LOT of resources available online that show you the power of Photoshop. But for people who are not comfortable using technology, this program can be quite confusing. So I recommend it for people who want to invest time in learning and perfecting their skills to be used in a lot of areas that relate to digital technology.
December 12, 2017

Perfect for Photos and More!

• It goes without saying that this program is great for photo editing. The range of tools to edit, transform and modify digital photos allows for any type of editing.
  • The amount of precision editing that can be achieved makes for seamless photos that don’t look edited.
  • For digital projects that are more painterly in nature, the brush tool can used to great effect. There is good control.
  • The subscription service is fine, but I’d like to have the option to choose a disk.
I used Photoshop for photo editing, graphic design, and digital scrapbooking. It would be a great program for marketing and advertising creation, invitation design and a wide array of digital art/designs products. If you work with pixels, this is the product to use.
Susan Ferreira profile photo
July 18, 2017

Photoshop - a winner in graphic design software

• photo manipulation (cutting out backgrounds, cropping, light adjustment, color adjustment, filtering, red eye reduction and much more)
  • tools are easy to use with many shortcut options and possibilities are endless as to what you can create with filters
  • the fact that you can have a layer with a smart object/vector creation and keep it in that format to be able to edit it later is very useful
  • If there was a search bar that would guide the user to the most often used/popular way to achieve a graphic effect and in addition, the absolute quickest way to achieve that same effect I would find that helpful and a huge timesaver.
  • If the filter preview box could be larger without slowing down the program that would be helpful.
  • As there are so many hidden tools in Photoshop, having a pop-up menu come up once those tools are selected that describes what the tool primarily handles, would be useful.
It is well suited for any kind of photo manipulation. It is not suitable to create scalable vector artwork, although that work can be imported onto its own layer in Photoshop once created in another software. There is a learning curve necessary for using the tools in Photoshop that takes some time, so that should be factored in when thinking about purchasing the product.
Read Susan Ferreira's full review
Jay Reynolds profile photo
August 18, 2017

Photoshop, it's cool.

• The options it gives for saving in different file formats as well as adjusting the image size and resolution to either increase and/or (or in my case) decrease the file size of the image without losing image quality.
  • I like the layer options Photoshop provides. Not only being able to add multiple layers and edit each individually, but the blending options also provided.
  • I love the ability to 'record' multiple steps so if you have a monotonous task that has repetitive steps that can be applied to multiple files, you can record your steps and perform that as one function for each image with the click of a button.
  • As far as image editing goes, this does exactly what it is supposed to for me. My demands are not extensive, so I do not have any current issues with this program.
Photoshop is well suited for any type of image editing, be it size adjustments, color correction, cropping, or general editing. It is useful for both casual users and power users. There is a learning curve, of course, but once the basics are learned, it can serve as a valuable tool when dealing with images.
Read Jay Reynolds's full review
Bruce Emmerling profile photo
April 11, 2017

A poweful editing platform for professional results

• Adobe Photoshop really produces some of the most amazing photographs and images with the right techniques
  • The program has great compatibility with most camera raw formats for photo editing purposes
  • Photoshop is has incredibly powerful tools to edit photographs and images that are seldom found in other editing programs
  • Photoshop is not the easiest program to simply pick up and learn. It does require a learning curve to produce the best results.
  • The interface of Photoshop is unique and sometimes requires patience if one is not used its intricacies.
  • If Photoshop had some batch processing capabilities, it would be perfect.
Photoshop is simply an amazing product that can produce professional results with the right training and aptitude. Photoshop works best with photographs and images in raw format and without too many edits. It will not create magical results with poor images. Beginners to photography will want to take some time to learn the program's features.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review

About Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop is the best known graphics product on the market.