Jenkins at a glancehttps://www.trustradius.com/build-automationJenkinsUnspecified8.32481012018-07-05T17:18:13.651Z
July 05, 2018
Jenkins at a glance
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Jenkins
Jenkins is used for automating the build process of testing, deployment, and release. It makes continuous deployment faster and an automated process. It is used across the organization.
- Automated deployments. Developers manage their own code throughout the SDLC
- Jenkins workers can be easily scaled making multiple projects use the same Jenkins for deployment
- Easy setup of the environment using docker and Kubernetes
- Jenkins UI needs to be changed. It doesn’t utilize the modern web technologies
- Parallel builds should be displayed separately.
- Containers within containers for golang creates problems in dependency management
- Faster deployment makes business respond to market more easily
- No need for a separate release management team
- Jenkinsfile make release deployment automated as a code