- It is being used by a number of departments …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Jenkins, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- It is an open-source tool with great community support.
- It has 1000+ plugins to ease your work. If a plugin does not exist, you can code it and share it with the community.
- It is built with Java and hence, it is portable to all the major platforms.
- Makes developers life easy.
- Automate the build pipeline process.
- Used for scheduling tasks and CRON jobs.
For microservices we have a bit better tools then Jenkins.
Earlier Jenkins was more like a CI tool. But now it has evolved to cater for continuous delivery and deployment as well.
Jenkins can be used to download code from a source code versioning system, build code, run tests, upload to artifact repositories and finally deploy to the required environments via shell scripts, Chef, Ansible etc.
Apart from this, Jenkins can be used to run any kind of automation required, for example, operations scheduled activities like cleaning up disk space, rotating logs etc.