JMP from engineering perspectivehttps://www.trustradius.com/data-visualization-biJMP Statistical Discovery Software from SASUnspecified8.5651012014-03-26T22:56:31.102Z
Updated November 13, 2015
JMP from engineering perspective
Score 9 out of 101
- Analyze, Graph
Overall Satisfaction with JMP
JMP is being used daily as one of the key tools from the engineering tool box for my engineering department at a semiconductor manufacturing company in east coast of US. It is being used by my department, and it has caught attention from other departments as well. I will be glad to see it being used across the whole organization. I highly recommended the analyze and graph functional modules which help me to address volume production issues using multiple variant correlation and visualization of large data set.
- JMP is a column based data analysis tool, and its graph function is interactive, which help me to pin point the parts which had issues, and find the root cause quicker.
- JMP can handle seas of data, with no limitation on number of rows or columns. This is important for me since large data sets are key for me to look at trending, and view the data as a whole with connection to each other.
- I liked the SAS JMP on-line webcast programs, which help me and my team to develop the skills that are needed and answer questions that seems to be small but can make a difference in data analysis efficiency and quality.
- It would helpful if JMP can provide more case-based demo, besides sample Data. Because based on the statistical nature of the data, different ways of analysis can be applied, to generate meaningful results and conclusion.
- For example, Cpk calculation, for two-sided Spec vs one-sided Spec.
- It turns out, some Cpk was calculated by JMP can have negative values, which do not make sense,f or process capability analysis.
- The positive impact from using JMP is that it help visualize the data set, which can be easily assessed and understood by others who may not be in my field or area of expertise.
- JMP script is helpful since it streamline the data report, and made the data analysis process more efficient and much faster.
- One feedback I got was that JMP jrn lost its interactive when convert to other format. It would nice that jrn can be opened by other mainstream popular software.
JMP is well suited for statistical analysis. However, when underlying physics or science is needed to better understand or simulate the observation or to provide prediction by modeling, JMP seems to lack the flexibility for end-user to provide boundary conditions or pre-defined rules to rule out impossibles in the predictive modeling.