OneNote Review

December 05, 2019

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

Document collaboration (50)

Performance (46)

File search (48)

Device sync (51)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of OneNote, and make your voice heard!

Microsoft OneNote

Free

File Sharing & Management

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Cloud Storage Platform

What is OneNote?

Microsoft's OneNote is a digital note-taking app, supporting photos, annotating, web page clipping, emailing, and synchronizing notes across devices.

OneNote Competitors

OneNote Technical Details

What is OneNote?

What are OneNote's top competitors?

Evernote are common alternatives for OneNote.

What is OneNote's best feature?

Reviewers rate Storage Reports highest, with a score of 9.

Who uses OneNote?

The most common users of OneNote are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We use Onenote as a personal checklist for our organization. It is also used within the department for collaboration on projects, tracking meeting agendas and notes, and the status of projects. We use it every day within the department to keep projects on track an
  • Creating separate tabs and sub-tabs to help organize
  • The ability to copy and link pages to be shared with other members (even without OneNote access)
  • The ability to share Notebooks with groups within the department
  • Creating and editing tables could be improved. Would be helpful if rows could be hidden in tables
  • The table's copy & paste options are cumbersome, often resulting in incorrect cell placement
OneNote helps with department-wide collaboration on projects and meetings. The notebooks sync quickly allowing multiple users to see edits and notes in real-time. The ability to add attachments, photos, and links, all in one place helps with organization. It also works very well as a task list/checklist with the ability to flag tasks that will sync to outlook and provide reminders. There is also the option to add checkboxes, images, and highlighting for visual reminders.
Organization, utilization, productivity, etc. Used for all our billable tickets and ticket notes, as well as logins, etc.
  • Productivity
  • Organization
  • Easy of Use
  • Speed
Mobile app could be better. However, hard to ask for more. We love it, extremely recommended and crucial in our position!
I use OneNote daily for everything from taking basic general notes to recording meeting minutes and attendance for our project meetings. OneNote is very handy for offline note taking as well as being able to share entire notebooks with colleagues that we all can add to whenever we need. This software is great for collaboration.
  • Allows collaboration
  • Easy notetaking
  • Great for keeping you organized
  • Layout tabs could be better
  • More toolbar options
OneNote is well suited for digital notetaking. The software helps keep all of your notes organized in one place so you never have to carry around multiple notepads or writing utensils which take up space and may get lost. OneNote can be backed up on OneDrive which means you will never lose your notes and they are available on all of your devices immediately.
I mainly use OneNote to backup data from Facebook (posts in my own small group) and to use each note (each post is a new note) as a to-do list putting them in different sections of a notebook once the issue is raised in it has been handled. I use Pabbly to integrate between the two.
  • It has Notebooks and sections and then individual notes allowing organisation.
  • They are multi-format - Pictures, words, formatting and can move things around the page.
  • The information is accessible both online and offline once synced to the computer (Windows 11).
  • It has image searching.
  • It would be helpful to be able to work with multiple notes at the same time.
  • Search isn't always perfect.
  • It'd be great to be able to edit the order that the notes are in based on a specific format (date/name/format etc).
It's appropriate where someone is using notes across multiple devices, has a Microsoft office plan, and is just needing it for general notetaking using multi formats. It's not so helpful for someone who doesn't have a Microsoft office plan and needs to deal with multiple notes at the same time or sort by specific measures.
OneNote is used by everyone in our organization - field employees, estimators, project managers, and even our president uses it! OneNote helps us keep all of our information concise, while also letting us separate based on topic. OneNote has been a tremendous help to our company.
  • Organizes
  • Compresses
  • Aesthetically Pleasing
  • Integration
  • Advertising
  • Technical Support
OneNote is the perfect solution for anyone that loves to take notes but doesn't love all of the paper clutter that comes with it. With OneNote, users are able to create and organize notebooks based on topic. This keeps everything in the same place, while also allowing the user to distinguish between different topics.
We use OneNote across the whole organization. Associates use it to organize their workflow.
  • Autosave feature saves as you go so you never lose work.
  • Tags are really helpful. Note things as you go and access them later with Find Tags.
  • OneNote works with Outlook so you can email pages directly from a notebook.
  • Create tasks that sync with Outlook.
  • I would like to have more Word formatting options available.
Using OneNote has helped me organize my workload at the office and at home. I work more efficiently and effectively with all my notes in one place.
William (Matt) Wood | TrustRadius Reviewer
It was being used across the organization to the best of my knowledge, however I would say that it was used more heavily in the Implementation and Sales Engineering departments, both of which I was a team member of. It created a holistic environment to keep notes pertaining to the current subscribers I was implementing and prospect notes that I used to mature deals through the pipe.
  • Organization of notes in a simple and segmented way
  • Tagging of content/notes that needed to be addressed/reviewed
  • Sharing and collaborating notes with other team members
  • Integrations with other external platforms
  • The lack of dynamic elements that could be included in the notes
  • More advanced features such as linking, full page elements, embeds, etc.
I think that OneNote is a solid note taking platform and allows you to access it via multiple different devices/methods.It allows you take structure, share, and tag your notes in a convenient and logical manner. I do not recommend OneNote for more advanced and intuitive features such as full page views, calendars, embeds, advanced integrations, etc..
OneNote is being used on an individual basis throughout the organization. Because it is now freely available, many users use it as their preferred note-taking platform for jotting down notes, action items, and capturing other content for later consumption. OneNote enjoys integration with the Microsoft Office suite of tools and as a result, users enjoy integration with OneDrive for Cloud syncing and other benefits.
  • This is good at capturing multiple sources of input - drawings, web clippings, graphics, and others. This enables you to enrich your notes with any and all relevant content, without necessarily needing to remember where it came from.
  • Share the notes with my colleagues.
  • Ability to save audio notes.
  • Ability for my colleagues to update the notes.
  • SSL handling.
  • feature for my colleagues/team members to update the notes.
  • Dev tools all should be based on the eclipse side
1. OneNote's integration with OneDrive ensures that individual's notes are always safe and secure, taking away the tedious responsibility of backup from the user, and makes it happen seamlessly in the background.
2. OneNote can be used for multiple purposes. It definitely improves my daily productivity and thereby improves performance.
3. Notes security is top notch. Starting at the network port level down to field level encryption.

Jill Liegghio | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneNote for personal note taking as well as creating shared notebooks for different teams and projects. Our team note books include sections for meeting notes, work instructions, frequently used sites and contact information. As a manager, I have sections for future team and project strategies as well as staff pages for information tracking and development planning.
  • OneNote provides a safe space for data storage. If you’re someone who needs to write things down, this is a much safer replacement.
  • It allows data to be well organized in pages, sections and sub-sections.
  • You’re able to send notes to attending via email with a simple click.
  • You can create shared note books for collaborative data sharing.
  • Shared notebooks can be added to your personal notebook with real time syncing.
  • You can add links to frequently used sites that can be accessed with a click.
  • Your OneNote books are backed up into the cloud and can be accessed through mobile devices.
  • It has a cool new feature for simple math that will calculate formulas when typed into a page.
  • The cloud version of the software - which can be added to Teams sites has limited features and isn’t as easy to navigate. It would be great if this version had more features.
  • You can create templates for recurring notes - like meetings. However, saving something as a template is not easy to find in the software. I always have to look this up on the internet.
In my opinion OneNote is a must for anyone who does business. It’s versatile, stable and sustainable. It can keep private information private - like passwords. It can be used for collaborative work - like standard operating procedures. It is fairly easy to use and far superior to pen and paper. When used for meeting notes, it can be flagged with icons that are searchable - like ideas or important items. You can even create Outlook tasks on the fly.
Justin Harbin | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • I use OneNote on a personal level to take notes and brainstorm less formally - integration with the Office for Business Suite, which my institution employs has been a significant reason for my own initial use. I use OneNote to collaborate with other faculty members and stakeholders as we co-design online and blended courses.
  • OneNote is primarily used within the Office of Digital Learning and Center for Teaching & Learning, rather than the entire institution. It provides a cloud-based canvas for brainstorming and notetaking for these teams who do not reside all in one location.
  • Fully integrated into the Onedrive for Business suite, so the transition is smooth if you are familiar with these products.
  • Clear tracking of collaborative work, including version tracking.
  • Can experience breakdown when collaborating with others who have a OneDrive account that is not a Business account - some faculty members had trouble logging in properly when the notebook was shared.
  • We often use a template to start collaboration on design, and the current version of the product lacks this feature to quickly and easily set up a notebook (there are workarounds)
  • Onenote is excellent for less formal brainstorming and collaboration. My go-to uses are in meetings with others where I hand-write notes (I'm using a surface pro with stylus). Where greater structure and task management are needed, you'll likely need to supplement with a different product. Email notifications could also be improved, which is again where a more structured program might be useful if you need task management pieces.
  • I've often thought of it as my digital 3-ring binder, which others have also found easy to acclimate to compared to other similar products.
Microsoft does an alright enough job supporting issues in OneNote and updated as of late have brought welcome features. Several years ago they were not as supportive, but current rating reflects updates as Microsoft has seemed to consolidate around the Microsoft Store app.
I haven't had many issues where I directly needed to call support.
OneNote is currently being used in my organization. We use it to keep attendance and logs in our meetings. OneNote has allowed my department to keep track of important action trackers and their progress.
  • Easy to use.
  • Very organized.
OneNote is well suited for companies that are looking to manage their meetings in an very organized way. OneNote allows companies to keep track of past topics from previous meetings and to keep track of important actions that need to be completed by employees.
I give OneNote a 9 because of how accessible it is for myself and my team members. I really like the ability to access OneNote whenever I am working remotely.
Gavin Scott-Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company provides a Microsoft 365 license to its employees. So having the application pre-installed was what made me look into it to begin with. Our company uses it to varying degrees, though I personally use it as a repository of all information that isn't better suited as a full fledged document.
  • Cloud Syncing. It is great to just open the app on any computer or phone and have everything you need right there
  • Outlook integration. It is really easy to take notes from meetings and sync right to the calendar, as well as sync todos with outlook
  • Flexibility. Its really nice to be able to use OneNote however best suits you. You can create templates for these as well
  • Task management (it would be nice for one note to be able to send notifications to your device)
  • Integrations with other services (Ifttt, etc.)
  • It would be great for the iPhone application to support drawing
OneNote is really great for taking quick notes. It is also great for smaller 'documents' that you will reference frequently. I think that it is less well suited for more full document management. OneNote is NOT Microsoft Word, and OneNote is NOT Microsoft Excel. If you keep this in mind. Then OneNote will be great!
Our department is using OneNote. I am pretty sure many people in my organization use OneNote. It is an excellent program for multi-user collaboration. I use it to create training manuals so that I can share them with my team. I also use it to manage my own workload. We can make notes, drawings, screen clippings, attach emails, and audio commentaries, which is excellent.
  • It's great that I can use it on Android, Apple, and Windows devices. It syncs perfectly with phone, desktop so i can access any information anytime.
  • The user interface is simple and thought out. Very user-friendly.
  • You can take notes - you can draw or write or record your voice in the middle of your notes as you wish.
  • It allows you to link different pages, add calendar, add notes, create templates, and save them.
  • It can add some formatting options, like headers, dark mode, and some organizing features which are included on the desktop app.
  • It doesn't have Integration with Google calendar & Gdrive.
OneNote is well suited if your purpose is to take notes, share with the team as it allows you to tag people, notes, calendars, etc. It syncs well with your desktop app, so you can access anything anywhere you want. I like how many different formatting options there are, and its syncing ability. I use one note for business meetings for note-taking, and I love how I can upload screenshots or pictures, charts, and graphs, etc.
OneNote has a sound support system. I have hardly faced issues with it.
OneNote is being used by our organization to manage the employee documents in a secure and organized manner. It's very convenient to update and access them at any place, and it helps the HR job get done easier and quicker.
  • Accessibility and easy to collaborate.
  • One place to store all the documents, pictures.
  • 5GB free space storage.
  • Easy to organize and saves lot of time in finding the files and sorting them.
  • More free space storage can be provided when compared with other competitors like Google.
  • UI can be improved little better.
  • Activity log feature can be integrated to track the changes happening on a folder lever.
  • Machine learning feature integrating natural processing language to find the files.
OneNote has a great UI and is a simple and robust solution to manage files from a centralized location. This can be used for both professional as well as personal purposes for managing the documents, pictures, and other files from any place.
December 05, 2019

OneNote Review

Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use OneNote mainly for copying web addresses and articles into one location. I have multiple tags all for different uses. I find that sometimes when I am researching an issue for a client, instead of printing out the article I tag it under various topics in OneNote. In addition, while I am searching for information on one topic I may run across another topic that sparks my interest. So OneNote has become the one place where I can not only place research topics for current use but also store ideas and resources for future problem solving or brainstorming.
  • OneNote is a great tool for storing ideas that can be accessed for future use.
  • OneNote works great for storing "how to's" about workflow and work ideas that I don't use often. I don't have to worry about remembering where it is or how to do it.
  • OneNote is an excellent tool for having all you want or need in one place. I use it for both personal and work.
  • Since I use Office 365, I sometimes have difficulty with the sync feature. It doesn't always seem to sync immediately between the desktop and the cloud versions.
  • Sometimes the different types of ways to save a web page or document don't display properly. It may be the difference between the desktop and the online Office 365 versions.
OneNote works for copying web addresses and web articles. If you like to have all your resources in one place and want to organize them by topic or otherwise, OneNote is perfect. I have used OneNote only slightly for entering fresh data and ideas and it seems to work well. I just love that instead of having to copy or print documents or webpages all over the place I can have everything in one place.
I honestly have not had to deal with support but based on my experience with Office 365 I have not had any problems getting answers when something hasn't worked properly.
We use OneNote individually, departmentally, and interdepartmentally throughout the entire organization. It is an excellent tool for capturing notes, meeting minutes, checklists, and project-related tasks. It enables collaboration and improves communication by allowing shared notebooks that multiple users can edit at the same time. It also automatically tags edits with the user's initials who made them, thereby providing a basic level of traceability.
  • Creating task lists and daily notes that can link to Outlook.
  • Generating collaborative content that is easy to search and edit.
  • Creating "live" work instructions that can be updated and maintained.
  • Creating basic wireframes and prototypes for software development.
  • The table editing tools are too simplistic and lack the features found in other Office products.
  • Some content loses its rich text formatting when being pasted into OneNote. A workaround is to paste the content first into Outlook or Word and then copy/pasting that into OneNote.
  • Microsoft is moving away from a local install of OneNote, which means notebooks have to be in the cloud in Office 2019. This will actually reduce the usefulness of OneNote in some environments and opens the door to competitor products.
  • Update: Microsoft has now announced that it will continue to support OneNote 2016 through 2023. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Blog/Your-OneNote/ba-p/954922
It is well suited for capturing weekly departmental task lists. For example, each week we create a new page in a shared departmental notebook. In this new page, each department member enters his/her top 3 accomplishments for the week and the top 3 things which the member will attempt to accomplish in the coming week. We then use this page during our Monday morning stand-up meeting and it helps provide an agenda, structure, and discussion points for the meeting.
OneNote is widely used so that there is a lot of helpful content that can be found for support by simply conducting web searches.
Microsoft has been receptive to product feedback provided through https://onenote.uservoice.com/, including making the decision to continue to provide mainstream support for OneNote 2016 through 2023 (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Blog/Your-OneNote/ba-p/954922).
We use the entire Microsoft Office suite at our company and everything ties into Office. We use Outlook for email, Skype for Business as our chat/virtual meeting environment, OneDrive as our cloud storage, and of course OneNote as the preferred note-taking utility. Everyone in the company has a license for Office, including OneNote and it is the main utility that is supported by our IT department.
  • Integration with other Microsoft Office products.
  • Syncing between multiple accounts if needed.
  • Syncing between desktop and mobile applications.
  • The ability for multiple users to collaborate on the same notebook.
  • The software seems a bit heavy and takes up space, which seems normal for Microsoft software.
  • I have to re-enter my login information frequently to keep syncing between different computers and mobile applications.
  • The clip to OneNote tool is a good start but it would be nice to also have a small "sticky notes" type application that ties into OneNote.
If you use Microsoft Office products then OneNote should be your go-to tool for note-taking. You can have private notebooks that can be sorted by projects and pages (meaning you can organize a LOT of notes quickly) and you can also share certain pages with other people so you can collaborate together. It also tracks changes between different users, similar to Word, which makes it easier to know who made certain changes and when. If you are not a user of Office then there are other options that may integrate into your work utilities better, but for my company, it's a no brainer.
Since it is part of Microsoft Office and used across the globe there are a lot of support options available. It's quickest to just do a google search which will have plenty of articles to help you since there are so many OneNote users but as an Office customer you also have access to Microsoft support and I have had good experiences with their support (probably because I'm with a large company who is a large customer to them).
  • OneNote handles cloud sync across multiple devices extremely well. It syncs my notes between my Home computer, my work computer, my iPad, and my iPhone all without issue.
  • OneNote's system for organizing notes is very hierarchical which is beneficial if you think that way. Personally, I find it easy to organize my notes by Notebook, Section, and the headings for each entry, enabling a simple yet very well organized note taking system.
  • OneNote is also good at capturing multiple sources of input - drawings, web clippings, graphics, and others. This enables you to enrich your notes with any and all relevant content, without necessarily needing to remember where it came from.
  • OneNote could improve on its web clipping features. Evernote still beats it in terms of robustness, but OneNote is sufficient for most purposes.
  • OneNote could also improve on its tagging system. Its the other major way of categorizing notes, which Evernote uses to great effect, but OneNote de-emphasizes this in favor of a hierarchical ordering.
  • This is a silly point, but it drives me mad. OneNote's free-form editing on pages, meaning you can click anywhere and start editing makes for sloppier notes that aren't as well aligned. This could be an enjoyable feature for some, but for me, I like my pages orderly.
OneNote is extremely well suited if you have Notes that generally fall into less than, say, 10 categories. That makes it easy to set up 10 different notebooks, or 10 different sections within a single notebook for those topics. Any more than that, and the hierarchical model starts to break down, and that's where tag-based organization becomes stronger. However, if you have a small number of categories, I prefer the hierarchical way that OneNote organizes, making it generally pretty easy to find the content you were looking for.
September 26, 2019

OneNote for Education

Amy Welsh | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneNote is currently being used by our entire organization. We use OneNote Class Notebooks to interact with our students both inside and outside of class. I post content, assignments, assessments, remediation and extension for my students to access. I also interact with my students by providing feedback in their notebooks. We also use OneNote as a way for faculty to collaborate.
  • I love that OneNote syncs between all my devices, so no matter what - I am able to access my information.
  • The collaboration between myself and my students in invaluable. My students have instant access to my content, notes, etc.
  • As a department, we are able to share information almost instantly to collaborate even when we can't meet in person.
  • I would like to see the desktop version of OneNote continue to be supported.
OneNote is great for collaboration - and for situations where you want to write and type.
I am able to find the answer to any OneNote question I have on the Microsoft support site.
September 10, 2019

OneNote is the one you need

Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used in our department to keep track of various contract documents. It helps us organize everything that relates to a specific contract in one place. It helps keep everything organized and in a format that allows for expedited retrieval. The time stamp feature allows us to organize content so the most recent updates are at the top.
  • It is so easy to organize your data by topic.
  • OneNote is user friendly and it can quickly be picked up by people who have never worked with OneNote before.
  • The features are very similar to other Microsoft Office products which makes using it and sharing with other employees simple.
  • It is an affordable way to group and organize company information.
  • It would be nice if OneNote had some more robust table features.
  • I would like to see Linked Notes with an improved way to connect to Excel.
  • OneNote could have more drawing tools added to make it that much better.
OneNote is well suited when you have data that can be organized by department, job, contract, etc. Each tab in OneNote allows you to quickly add documents and hyperlinks to quickly get users the data they would need instead of navigating a shared network drive. OneNote allows you to quickly create new Notebooks allowing users to move to a new notebook at a specific time interval.
The support for OneNote seems to be relatively high. I think that as more companies fully leverage Office 365 they will start using OneNote to help them with business documents. I think that more marketing dollars could go towards OneNote making more people aware of it and all that it can do for businesses.
OneNote is frequently used by employees within the organization to keep track of information and tasks in Audit. It is used by employees in multiple areas of the organization to keep track of tasks and remember important information given to us by clients.
  • OneNote is really intuitive, especially if you have used other Microsoft office products.
  • It allows you to organize your notes easily and in a way that is logical to the user. It makes it easy to have your notes in a way that makes sense to you, including multiple pages and tabs.
  • I really like that you are not just tied to text. You are able to use videos, images, audio and other forms of media or notes that you may have taken.
  • I love how easy it is to search through your previously written notes for information when you are going back through them
  • While I haven't experienced this directly, I know people have concerns regarding the security of OneNote. I don't think this is a dealbreaker if you have other security software.
  • I guess the mobile version could be better, but the desktop version is really great and its all I really use. OneNote really lacks any problems. It is a well-designed program.
OneNote is appropriate for personal use by employees. It's really useful for individual employees who need help with task management or who take in a lot of information as part of their jobs.

It is not great for collaboration as everyone has different note-taking styles. While OneNote accommodates individual note-taking styles, it is not great for collaboration because of how customizable it is.
OneNote is a Microsoft product, and as such, they have a great customer support network. Their FAQ is quite useful for answering any general questions you may have, as well as the built-in "Help" section found in the toolbar. If you are really struggling you can send a message to customer support, but I can't attest to that as I haven't done so.
Kaleb-John Loo | TrustRadius Reviewer
OneNote is great for taking notes and sharing them within your company. It allows for a lot of customization and has many macros and plugins that make note-taking very efficient. Then, the information can be given to anyone by simply sharing the notebook. OneNote also allows users to access their notebooks from any computer as long as they have access to their account. This means that you can take your notes anywhere and work on them at your leisure. OneNote provides a lot of options and is very easy to use to organize notes.
  • Sharing notebooks with anyone.
  • Sync account on any computer and access notes.
  • Easy to use interface allows for easy organization.
  • Shortcuts for linking.
  • Use of templates.
  • Different versions of OneNote have changes that take getting used to.
  • There is a difference between the OneNote Windows App and the OneNote program that seem restrictive.
  • There are things you can do in Word that it seems like you should be able to do in OneNote.
OneNote is good when you want to keep an ongoing record of notes. It has a standard organizational structure to start off with that will be sufficient for a large majority of note keeping. It is extremely useful when you want to maintain your notes on any device without having to worry about saving separate documents for each note and then having to worry about being able to access the notes from another computer. OneNote, however, does not replace the other products in the Office Suite such as Word or Excel.
OneNote has decent support, but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of information on how to achieve certain results. The built-in information is more than enough to support the average user's requirements, but for the very advanced features, it will take some experimenting to get the desired result. Microsoft doesn't seem to offer too much help in that regard, but what they offer out of the box is sufficient.
Jill Dickert | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use OneNote throughout the organization for a variety of needs. My department has created product and operation guides using the platform. It is a great collaborative tool as we are all owners of different products and can utilize the workbook feature to create a comprehensive manual that is easily updated and shared to multiple users.
  • Offers collaboration for multiple users to work on a product
  • Excellent tool for taking notes at a conference
  • Keeps documents organized in a searchable manner
  • I really don't see any needed areas of improvement
OneNote is definitely well suited for creating process documents for a manual or other type of guidebook for a large audience. I also personally found it incredibly helpful when attending conferences as I was able to devote a section to each session. OneNote allows the user to easily organize files and update pages. The searchability features are super helpful too.
OneNote is used by several of the sales agents in my department as a digital file folder. It becomes home to all the important information needed for a sale: web research, budget projections, proposals, important emails from clients, brochures for the client, and anything essential to the travel project we are working on. It is a wonderful way to combine information from different programs into one location. For example, you can easily read emails and a printout of a spreadsheet without leaving the program.
  • Data Gathering - It is extremely easy and efficient to get information into OneNote. Outlook has a button to send emails directly to the program, there are browser add-ons to clip research, and you can print to OneNote from any program. Once in the program, filing the information into the right note/tab is a sinch.
  • It is not complicated. Several of my tech-challenged coworkers, use this program with ease. I even hear comments about how much they like it.
  • The styling and formatting options of the notes are limited.
  • Sizing an embedded spreadsheet is challenging.
  • Table columns auto size unnecessarily.
OneNote is great for projects. It can hold information in notes, notebooks and various tabs. This helps keeps projects organized and the information you need just a click away. It is also easy to share information with teammates. The online, desktop and mobile versions are handy when you need a cross-platform solution for your note taking needs.
My entire organization adopted OneNote as a part of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. OneNote has helped to streamline collaboration across different organizations and business units at my company. It is an excellent tool for housing and organizing large bodies of information that can be shared with different users or be private. It serves as a scalable option to house anything from meeting notes, agendas etc., across the whole organization.
  • OneNote is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, and Notebooks within the application are convenient to share making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform
  • I enjoy being able to house meeting notes, agendas and other collateral content for different projects and programs with both individual stakeholders as well as with different project team using different notebooks and sections.
  • I can use OneNote to share documents, edit files and collaborate with other stakeholders offline.
  • While OneNote is easy to use overall, sharing Notebooks with different stakeholders can be challenging and I often have syncing issues with notebooks that are shared with other users.
OneNote helps improve collaboration for groups who may not all work in the same location which leads to improved business process improvement, agility and outcomes. I use OneNote to organize and collaborate around several projects and programs I manage forward that involve various stakeholders across different organizations and locations to collaborate around shared initiatives.