Microsoft's OneNote is a digital note-taking app, supporting photos, annotating, web page clipping, emailing, and synchronizing notes across devices.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/uE/GN/J25AHM6U2XEG.PNGOneNote makes collaboration easy!We use OneNote throughout the organization for a variety of needs. My department has created product and operation guides using the platform. It is a great collaborative tool as we are all owners of different products and can utilize the workbook feature to create a comprehensive manual that is easily updated and shared to multiple users.,Offers collaboration for multiple users to work on a product Excellent tool for taking notes at a conference Keeps documents organized in a searchable manner,I really don't see any needed areas of improvement,9,OneNote has greatly enhanced our collaboration ability to create and share documents.,Evernote,Evernote, Slack, Apple iCloud,9,9OneNote the Last Note-taking Software You'll NeedOneNote is used by several of the sales agents in my department as a digital file folder. It becomes home to all the important information needed for a sale: web research, budget projections, proposals, important emails from clients, brochures for the client, and anything essential to the travel project we are working on. It is a wonderful way to combine information from different programs into one location. For example, you can easily read emails and a printout of a spreadsheet without leaving the program.,Data Gathering - It is extremely easy and efficient to get information into OneNote. Outlook has a button to send emails directly to the program, there are browser add-ons to clip research, and you can print to OneNote from any program. Once in the program, filing the information into the right note/tab is a sinch. It is not complicated. Several of my tech-challenged coworkers, use this program with ease. I even hear comments about how much they like it.,The styling and formatting options of the notes are limited. Sizing an embedded spreadsheet is challenging. Table columns auto size unnecessarily.,10,This product has increased workflow. It is easier to collect information on clients in one spot than our CRM is. Using OneNote has eliminated some of the printing files in our office. We're not paperless, but this is a nice way to reduce printing. It is nice that is is part of the Office365 suite. It then is not another expenditure.,Evernote,WordPress, Microsoft 365 Business,9,10OneNote is an excellent tool to house information and can be leveraged to collaborateMy entire organization adopted OneNote as a part of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. OneNote has helped to streamline collaboration across different organizations and business units at my company. It is an excellent tool for housing and organizing large bodies of information that can be shared with different users or be private. It serves as a scalable option to house anything from meeting notes, agendas etc., across the whole organization.,OneNote is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, and Notebooks within the application are convenient to share making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform I enjoy being able to house meeting notes, agendas and other collateral content for different projects and programs with both individual stakeholders as well as with different project team using different notebooks and sections. I can use OneNote to share documents, edit files and collaborate with other stakeholders offline.,While OneNote is easy to use overall, sharing Notebooks with different stakeholders can be challenging and I often have syncing issues with notebooks that are shared with other users.,9,OneNote has had a positive impact on my organization on general and has led to improved collaboration across the entire organization.,Microsoft Project, Microsoft Yammer, Microsoft Visio,9,9An Excellent App for NotesOneNote is used to capture notes throughout the whole organization. Many employees open multiple notebooks in OneNote so that they can share information between departments and so that they can segregate information appropriately. We use OneNote as a tool for capturing meeting notes, project information, account information, and just about anything a user wants to keep track of. With OneNote syncing across all of a user's devices, it opens up the ability for employees to look up information wherever they are and whenever they need it. Now that we have deployed Office 365, the use of OneNote has increased as has the overall productivity of our employees. Not only are notes now on the cloud and no longer on individual computers, but it is much easier to share notes, restore them, and keep them up to date. I always have multiple notebooks open so that I can separate any personal notes from my business notes. I often find myself looking up information on my phone that I entered on my computer. This is extremely helpful in meetings and when I'm out of the office or on my own personal time.,OneNote synchronizes across platforms very quickly. I often find that notes entered, or updated, on my desktop are synchronized to my laptop and smartphone well before I ever open them up to access the information. OneNote has apps for just every major platform available. This includes Windows, iOS, and Android. The web app has plenty of features so you won't feel let down if you have to access your notebooks through a browser. The multimedia features of OneNote are wonderful. I can draw pictures, add sound bites, add videos, add files, and much more. This helps me capture the full context of a note, including any references that I might need, all within the note itself. I don't have to go outside of OneNote to find a video clip, logo, or soundbite.,It is not always clear where your OneNote files are kept. I prefer to keep all my OneNote files in the cloud, but the actual location of those files in OneDrive can sometimes be a mystery. If I install OneNote on my home computer, I have to open up my work OneNote in the browser and then sync it to my PC. I'm not able to find and open the file in OneDrive through File Explorer. The ability to find notebooks that are shared with you is getting better, but it can sometimes be difficult to locate the right one. I often see duplicate notebooks and end up opening up the wrong one. Would be great if Microsoft only showed you links to notebooks that were actually available to you. Microsoft is shifting away from OneNote 2016 and moving people on to OneNote that comes native with Windows 10. The interface is different enough that I don't like it. I am staying with OneNote 2016 because of the ease of seeing multiple notebooks open at the same time and being able to get to the exact information I need quickly. If you don't like the native OneNote built into Windows 10, you won't like the future of OneNote.,10,I have used OneNote to access critical information on my smartphone when I was nowhere near a computer. That has saved my butt several times. User's appreciate having a place to capture notes for themselves and the projects they are working on. It has increased productivity for the folks who take advantage of the application. Because some users are not organized, they end up creating multiple notebooks and storing information in many places. You need to provide adequate training to your users so they don't get out of control with their use of the tool,,FileMaker Pro, OneDrive, SkypeOneNote to rule them all.Our company provides a Microsoft 365 license to its employees. So having the application pre-installed was what made me look into it to begin with. Our company uses it to varying degrees, though I personally use it as a repository of all information that isn't better suited as a full fledged document.,Cloud Syncing. It is great to just open the app on any computer or phone and have everything you need right there Outlook integration. It is really easy to take notes from meetings and sync right to the calendar, as well as sync todos with outlook Flexibility. Its really nice to be able to use OneNote however best suits you. You can create templates for these as well,Task management (it would be nice for one note to be able to send notifications to your device) Integrations with other services (Ifttt, etc.) It would be great for the iPhone application to support drawing,10,Ability to see what I need to see whenever I need it most Already built into the Microsoft suite of products so pricing is great Great customization allows for our team to be flexible,EvernoteReview: OneNoteOneNote is a powerful tool for personal note taking and client organization. OneNote makes locating specific notes easy using tags and search functions. I use OneNote personally and know others that use it as well.,OneNote has an excellent organizational system. Users can create a multitude of folders and subfolders, then drop whichever notes and files into each that they'd like. It's quick and easy to create notes and begin typing away. You can also draw images or insert pictures and hyperlinks. OneNote has a great mobile app. You will need to wait for it to sync, but once this is done, you are able to take notes on the go, or reference notes taken on your laptop/PC. OneNote makes locating notes/files easy and fast. You can search for keywords and instantly be able to reference any notable files or notes you've taken. Finding specific information is extremely fast, which makes for quickly referencing things in meetings on demand. OneNote's interface is very quick to learn. It is not dissimilar to Office and other software, so the learning curve is short. OneDrive can sync into OneNote, making for fast usability between the two.,You can import catalogs of notes from other users, but this process is not an easy one. It messes up some of the functionality of previous notes, and it's not user friendly to import. This is mitigated by sharing your notebook with another user instead of exporting it. This process is simple, but if you want a separate copy of a catalog, it's not easy to do. You are able to click anywhere into a note to begin typing in that location. It's a nice feature because it's more freeflow than other document process programs (Word or Google Docs) but it's a learning curve, honestly. You won't think much of it at first, but if you prefer a more straightforward document style, it's a bit jarring.,10,OneNote saves time and money. You don't need to pay for an expensive note taking system when this exists. It's completely functional.,Evernote,Evernote, Trello, Slack, Frame.io, Google Authenticator, DropboxOneNote makes those tedious tasks simpleIt is highly recommended that all users utilize OneNote to outline, track, and share all notes/meeting minutes company-wide. This tool makes it easy to maintain all your notes so you never have to go looking.,Works seamlessly with Outlook so creating and sending out your meeting notes is as simple as selecting OneNote. It creates the meeting template for the meeting notes (including participants) and once you have completed the meeting, it's as simple as selecting 'share' and it sends to all participants. Tracking all your meeting notes is made easy through a simple interface/structure which can be customized to your liking. Can get to your meeting notes through all devices remotely.,There are times that formating can be difficult, especially if you're copying from other sources.,10,The real ROI is being able to quickly create and manage all your notes. This can be invaluable when you need to go back in time and find specific information. This tool helps simplify and organize note-taking and sharing.Get rid of those spiral notebooks and just use OneNoteIn my current organization, OneNote is installed as part of the Office suite but not promoted or encouraged to use. At my previous company, as an organization, we used it for notetaking, storing documents, and team collaboration.,It is a very easy notetaking platform. It allows the user to create their own electronic notebook, organizing it in sections and pages. It autosaves as well. It integrates with Microsoft Office suite very well, especially Outlook. Content can be initiated from other Office applications and sent to OneNote. I particularly liked bringing scheduled meeting information in Outlook directly into OneNote before taking meeting minutes or personal notes. If your organization uses SharePoint, then it can be a great collaboration tool. Notebooks can be shared among teams to collaborate and share notes, ideas, and documents.,I would like to see some sort of validated version where notebook entries could be published in some kind of locked-down fashion inside an enterprise version, and have digital signatures built in for legal purposes. For example in a research laboratory environment. Easier video and audio recording capture right into the notebook. Ability to play a video file that is stored in a OneNote page.,10,The most positive impact is being able to store my personal notes and information indefinitely. There is no fixed format. It is not very constraining, and I can go back years later and still search and find information. You never have to store paper binders or spiral notebooks, only to have them sit in storage and forget what's in them.,Evernote, Google Drive and MS SharePoint,Camtasia, Articulate 360, WebEx MeetingsOneNote - Best notebook out thereWe are largely a Google G- Suite company, but we use Office 365 for our Office licensing. I use OneNote for all of my daily note taking when talking to customers, prospects, leads, internal employees, and everything else. It's great because it is designed for note taking and syncs across all my devices.,Organizes notes logically into NoteBooks. This way I can keep certain topics separate from others but still only be a few short clicks away. Syncs across all my devices seamlessly Has rich formatting options, which is extremely helpful,The mobile app can sometimes feel clunky to use The Mac OS integration is lacking compared to the Windows functionality, especially regarding shortcuts. Having multiple accounts (e.g. personal and business) on one platform has caused issues in the past.,10,It helps me capture my notes from my prospects much more accurately because I always have it up in front of me. I feel that I"m able to close more business this way. OneNote allows me to review my notes on my other devices, so I'm not tethered to my desk.,Google Drive, SlackOneNote increases collaborationOneNote was implemented last year as part of our company's migration to the Microsoft Office/Professional Suite. My manager helped roll out the tool from an end-user perspective. Our team provides training, both on-demand and live, for our Microsoft products, including OneNote. We are champions of the tool and try to influence other employees to use it. The ability to share notes from OneNote, edit them with team members, have notes archived and the other integrations with Microsoft tools has really enabled us to work more collaboratively. User adoption continues to grow and as people learn its capabilities, they get excited about the product. I have also purchased products (specifically a Rocketbook notebook) that is a smart notebook and using an app, can send my handwritten notes to OneNote. These types of products and tools that fully enable to work smarter plays a huge role in adoption. I really like OneNote and it's popularity continues to rise at my company.,Organization Collaborating with colleagues Easy to search within your notebook OneNote app is very useful when I'm not able to use my laptop,I would love to have more visual organization options (borders around text boxes to distinguish notes from each other when they are all on one page).,9,Enables better collaboration Helps keep notes better organized and easily searchable (Eventually) everyone using the same platform instead of multiple programs,Oracle Eloqua, Kaltura, Google AnalyticsGreat tool for personal prodactivity. Also good for collaborating and sharing info and action iteamsOneNote is installed on everyone's workstation, as part of the Office Suite. Individuals can use it as they want, as a personal productivity tool, and also some teams are using it to gather and share knowledge among the team members. In the past, project-based teams also used it as a collaboration tool, to share notes, follow-up tasks etc., but I think this use case is now fulfilled by other products, which are designed for project related collaboration.,Because of its flexibility and ability to hold different types of content (text, images, tables), it is a great tool for collecting content from different resources and organizing it in one place. Technical support analysts are using sections for their support case analysis; they paste pieces of logs, screen-shots, document their steps in troubleshooting etc., all in one section, to get the full picture yet stay organized. The logic of content structure; Notebook>Section>Page>Paragraph, allows you to manage and collect all needed information by the areas of the user's responsibility. For example; each of my projects has its own section, in which each page is a task.,Using the search functionality isn't comfortable; the search is run from a small text box at the corner of the window, and results are listed there as a narrow list of pages, without the context of the search-terms (no snippet, in other words). Searching by Tags is also uncomfortable and not intuitive. Lacking integration with Outlook; because many people are using Outlook as their main tool for time management and self-productivity, it would have been great to have more options to export, or even better, export and link paragraphs to Outlook items like the Calendar and Tasks list. Although there is an option to open an Outlook Task linked to a tag in Onenote, that isn't enough. Also, there is no option to tag people from the organization's directory, and that would have been great, especially for teams that are sharing sections. The Draw options are not as far-reaching as in other Microsoft product (e.g. Word). Especially important is the option to group objects together and keep them as one image.,9,By giving employees this tool, each one can try to make the most out of it, and use it as they want. I know that many employees are utilizing features of OneNote every day, and it does help them to work more organized, and more efficiently. I don't think there is any negative impact. Those who don't know how to use the tool are likely not to use it, so there is no risk for negative impact other than the cost of the license.,SurveyMonkey, Atlassian Confluence, Microsoft Office 365, JIRA SoftwareOne Note is your one stop shop for note taking!OneNote is being used on an individual basis throughout the organization. Because it is now freely available, many users use it as their preferred note-taking platform for jotting down notes, action items, and capturing other content for later consumption. OneNote enjoys integration with the Microsoft Office suite of tools and as a result, users enjoy integration with OneDrive for Cloud syncing and other benefits.,OneNote handles cloud sync across multiple devices extremely well. It syncs my notes between my Home computer, my work computer, my iPad, and my iPhone all without issue. OneNote's system for organizing notes is very hierarchical which is beneficial if you think that way. Personally, I find it easy to organize my notes by Notebook, Section, and the headings for each entry, enabling a simple yet very well organized note taking system. OneNote is also good at capturing multiple sources of input - drawings, web clippings, graphics, and others. This enables you to enrich your notes with any and all relevant content, without necessarily needing to remember where it came from.,OneNote could improve on its web clipping features. Evernote still beats it in terms of robustness, but OneNote is sufficient for most purposes. OneNote could also improve on its tagging system. Its the other major way of categorizing notes, which Evernote uses to great effect, but OneNote de-emphasizes this in favor of a hierarchical ordering. This is a silly point, but it drives me mad. OneNote's free-form editing on pages, meaning you can click anywhere and start editing makes for sloppier notes that aren't as well aligned. This could be an enjoyable feature for some, but for me, I like my pages orderly.,9,OneNote has become our organizational standard method of taking electronic notes (though some still prefer pen and paper.) It has been a zero cost outlay due to its freely available nature. Its integration with other Microsoft Office products makes it easy to share notes and content between products, allowing for easy collaboration where needed. OneNote's integration with OneDrive ensures that individual's notes are always safe and secure, taking away the tedious responsibility of backup from the user, and makes it happen seamlessly in the background.,Evernote,Evernote, Dropbox, Mozy, Backblaze, Carbonite, Code42 (formerly CrashPlan)OneNote - Move faster by remembering what's nextOneNote is being used by a mix of people across teams and departments. It's not being used universally by all teams and functions. OneNote is great for making and organizing meeting notes. It also has a nice iOS app, which makes your notes accessible across devices. Lastly, because it's backed by Microsoft, I feel that my information is a lot safer than it might be with a smaller company that doesn't have Microsoft's resources.,It makes it really easy to capture notes in different formats - text, pictures, copy & paste, videos, etc. It makes it really easy to organize notes by using the concept of notebooks - which are thematic ways to organize your notes The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, which means I can always have my notes with me, even if I'm not in front of my computer,OneNote should integrate with meeting management tools (e.g. Zoom) and automatically transcribe meetings and provide all attendees with notes OneNote should integrate with workflow processing tools so that any deliverables or goals coming out of a meeting can be captured and tracked against resources & timelines At a corporate level, OneNote should help companies find which employees are SME's in particular areas by analyzing their data and content,9,OneNote makes me more productive because I'm always able to remember discussion points and next steps for any meeting OneNote makes me less reliant on my laptop, when I'm having an informal coffee meeting, for example, which can be freeing OneNote can sometimes be a little slow to use, which can be frustrating when I'm trying to type fast and make notes,Evernote,SlackWhy OneNote? Because what it cannot do, I can count on maybe 3 fingers.Currently, my team and I use OneNote in the O365 version. We use it so that we can update our product and procedure notes and illustrations in real time. Moreover, when giving customer presentations, I have found that this is more organic and less formal than presenting a Powerpoint deck. It enables much flexibility to show the flow of the recommended solution and allow the customer and I to come closer together in understanding what we are looking to solve. The OneNote search feature enables the 'jumping around' rather than the stilted flipping through slides looking for the right thing.,Tabs-Enabling quick look up even without using the search feature. Also, because of the sub-tabs, items can be updated quickly and neatly. Search-As the content grows, this is without a doubt one of the more used features and it does not disappoint. Multi-Format and document linking. If there is something that is customer facing, I put these things into the short version when I am giving my presentations. Writing - With the growth of tablets, this seems to be a no-brainer. However, I use it to overwrite illustrations. Again as with the advantage of presenting in a more natural flow, using the pen/highlighting tools to draw attention is invaluable.,The phone app is too 'heavy.' A large download. Lists - I still keep the ToDo's on Evernote but hope that OneNote updates this to something a bit more friendly and maybe even something that can be written at the desk and then deployed to the phone. The cells on top of cells sometimes are frustrating when you are copying and pasting from one document to OneNote.,9,Real-time updating across the team No longer needing to search as much for the proper presentation before a call Sharing with end users made easier,Evernote,Salesforce.com, Evernote, Skype for Business,10,1,Hardware and Software portfolio and keeping it up to date. Customer presentations over PowerPoint for more versatile and conversation-based explanation rather than Death by PowerPoint. Concept review for self-education.,See the OneNote over PowerPoint point made earlier Communicating product updates Collaboration - neither unexpected or innovative but it keeps us out of hot water in ensuring we are using the most current data,New hire onboarding materials Pre/During/Post call or presentation checklist for follow up,10,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I would not.,Coloring: As silly as this may sound, the makes finding sub-tabs much faster when flipping around. Layout - Moveable and easy to customize to your liking. Saving - If all of my other MS apps did this well, life would be easier. Screen capture Win+Shift+S and you get the capture and can automate what gets down with it, simply coped for pasting purposes of sent directly to a predesignated spot in OneNote.,Sometimes format can be kludgey. Different boxes on top of one another. You know how you can hit F2 in excel when you are in a cell with the end result of a formula, I'd like that same functionality in OneNote but all of the perimeters of the boxes get highlighted. This may exist but I have yet to find a shortcut. Speaking of shortcuts, even though I did laud the screenshot and what comes after [as to where it get goes or gets deposited], I miss the shorter version of the screenshot shortcut. Also, and this is more OS blaming than OneNote, OneNote has to be open for the 3 shortcut functions to work.,Yes,9OneNote Provides Outstanding Structure for OrganizationOneNote is an all-in-one notepad/project planning tool that almost everyone in our company uses to capture critical notes from client calls and design sessions. The tool makes it easy to log many project notes to one application through its easy tab structure.,Easy to use tab structure to separate note topics. Ability to create new notebooks for different projects/clients. Great at attaching other files to the notebook like pictures, powerpoints, etc.,The tree structure on the right side could be better at allowing adding/subtracting child sub-sections Opening new notebooks forces you to select who you are sharing the contents with - no need for this to appear by default,10,One easy to use tool that is included in many Microsoft suite packages. Standard across many organizations to share, send or use in any industry/company.,Google DriveOneNote - great collaboration toolI primarily use OneNote as it is part of our Microsoft Office 365 Suite. We typically use it as a form of Wiki - where we might share information on certain products that we sell or support. We use it to take notes in meetings and share with the team or to collaborate on a variety of projects and initiatives. Personally, I use Evernote for capturing day to day notes and have for many years, but OneNote is getting more use by me because it is easy to capture and share content with colleagues on a Corporate approved solution.,Collaboration with colleagues - edit the same doc in real-time - leverage as a repository for knowledge sharing With iPad app and Apple Pencil, you can take handwritten notes and quickly organize them Syncs seamlessly with OneDrive,I find the organization of the notebooks, sections and pages a little clunky compared to Evernote. Not quite as intuitive as Evernote for me,8,I cannot provide any hard numbers, but OneNote has definitely made me and our team more efficient in learning new material, and collaborating on projects. It saves us time and effort in that it is easy to search and find the content you are looking for.,Evernote,Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Analytics, SlackOneNote Keeping my Day OrganizedI utilize OneNote to make notes, take meeting minutes, document changes, etc. It allows me to keep everything in one place between my devices. It helps solve the problem of being organized and being able to look back to see what was agreed upon or the direction.,It does well for note-taking and organization. It allows me to label and color code everything--making information easy to find It does well with synchronization across devices. I am able to take notes on my computer or phone and always have them with me in one centralized place. It does well with ease of use. It is a very simple software with little to no learning curve.,OneNote could improve by allowing users to create a customized note template. It can improve by allowing graphic design orientation features like guidelines and snap lines. It can be improved by letting users import document links into the notes window so it is easy to track a topic.,9,It has a positive impact by allowing me to stay organized and saves time trying to track down an issue. The entire history of the topic is at my hands in OneNote. It has a positive impact by allowing me to have the ability to travel without my computer to meetings and just take notes on my mobile device. It has a positive impact by eliminating paper note taking and prevents the issue of losing the notes.,Evernote,Adobe Acrobat DC, Google Drive, Adobe PhotoshopOneNote - for individual users on a daily basisOneNote was used individually by me in order to take notes during classes and meetings.,Easy to create a note/notebook any time, from any device. NoteS are saved on the cloud and synced frequently. More flexible than Word or another text editor to quickly create documents of different formats/media types.,It tries too hard to be used every time. Taskbar icon begs to be used. Sometimes I don't need OneNote. Pen recognition is not as quick for handwriting as other alternatives (e.g. S-Note from Samsung on Android devices) OneNote relies on OneDrive, which is does not do as great as other cloud storage providers in terms of reliability/speed,8,S-Note,Adobe Photoshop, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), TeamViewerOneNote ReviewedThis is being used across our organization for note taking in meetings. It allows us to link these meeting notes across devices and across platforms. People were using a wide variety of tools to accomplish this and to be able to standardize on one tool has been invaluable to our organization.,Taking notes during meetings Attaching pictures to your notes to allow for more detailed notes. Creating different workbooks for different projects that you are working on. The ability to either type or use a stylus for your notes.,Should allow your notes to be stored in more 3rd party cloud providers instead of Microsoft OneDrive. Should be able to link your notebooks to multiple accounts. This would allow you to see notebooks from your personal and work for example. Should be able to secure and manage more features with MDM products.,10,It has allowed us to combine multiple products into a single platform which has made troubleshooting and well as document retention much easier on the IT staff.,Evernote, FotoNotes and IBM Notes,VMware Horizon View, Cisco ASA, Trend Micro Deep SecurityBest Note App Ever!I use OneNote for personal note taking for classes or just general things I need to write down during the day. I am constantly making and editing to-do lists and OneNote makes it really easy to do so on the go. I always have my phone on me at the very least so taking notes across different platforms is really convenient.,The mobile version is wonderful. Love being able to use a stylus. Android has a floating badge that stays on screen to allow quick access to notes anytime.,Updates can cause more problems than they solve sometimes.,10,,Drawing using a stylus or you finger is very easy Integrating other media such as maps, pictures and sound is very simple,Yes,10Using OneNote as a CRM Replacement for consultingWe currently use OneNote to share and sync our important client details for job visits, etc. Instead of having to publish a full suite CRM to manage customer calls we have templates created in OneNote that include the job details and blanks for the consultants to add notes for the work done and any recommendations. These pages can then be formatted and printed to PDF to provide to customer with the fixes and recommendations from the visit. Since all data is synced anyone can pull it up and there is always a backup copy on the cloud.,Note sync Easy collaboration Cloud backup of notes Ability to make templates that are shared,Better layout Make templates easier More sharing options,9,Positive - Saved us money on finding a more expensive solution,Google Drive,SonicWall TZ, Juniper SRX, Websense, F5 BIG-IP,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Vendor Reputation,Better field testing prior to purchase, we got lucky but this could have been a bad decision should it not have worked.OneNote for usWith so many staff using different devices working together has been a difficult thing for much of our staff to do. We had been on the hunt for something that would help with the ability of groups to work together. We stumbled across OneNote after hearing some other groups had been using it and were really enjoying it. We had started using it as a demo group and saw all the functionality we could use. The addition of being able to use pens that are on so many devices has been a great boon for our staff.,Cooperatively work with other people. You can use touch screen devices. You can use pens that are coming with devices now, such as the Surface and Ipad Pro.,Easier to work cooperatively. A more streamlined interface,7,Much easier for coworkers to work together. The less streamlined design can be a hassle for new users to step into. More people are using device pens.,Google App,Microsoft ExchangeOneNote good for more than just taking notesOneNote is available to all users in my organization. It's not something anyone is required to use. It's available as a tool and my team has adopted it as our primary means of documentation.,One of the best things about OneNote is the ability to quickly enter data of many types without much effort. There are many different types of intake methods from browser extensions to mobile devices and of course the traditional desktop. I find it very comforting that I can quickly record information about something then go back and easily reformat it. As a team we share a single OneNote so it makes updating or sharing info very simple. Users can manage multiple personal OneNotes along with the one we share as a team.,Maybe a little better integration with native spreadsheets. Currently it appears to force your spreadsheet info into a choice of several predefined formats. Page updating for our International users is definitely slow at times.,8,Documentation is difficult for our team because we are always too busy to take time to do it. OneNote has made that much easier because we can quickly write notes down then rework them into something other members can reference.,SharePoint and Atlassian Confluence,Citrix NetScaler, Citrix User Profile ManagementCleaner notesOneNote is used to keep track of information that users would typically put onto physical sticky notes that in the past could have been lost or misplaced. Using OneNote allows sticky notes type of notes to be stored digitally and also allows us to quickly find notes. OneNote is also used to save a list of items that pertain to a particular task that we need to perform periodically. One such example is the steps required to file a batch of UCCs, there are several steps we must take to extract the data from our system and import it into our UCC partners' system, after which we must also extract responses and return the responses to our system.,Notes on procedures taking several steps Sharing notes Storing notes digitally so they are not lost,Better encryption options Ability to use personal clouds,8,Less clutter Better management of note taking,Keep,Lists Pen support Syncing,Encryption,Yes,9OneNote - my mac replacement for EvernoteI use OneNote on my Surface Tablet Pro - mainly as the Windows version of Evernote (even though yes, you can use Evernote on Windows as well). I find it an easy way to keep track of all my notes, and I love the built in organizational system of OneNote as well. Lots of times I have hundreds of documents, and I want to be able to easily access them and switch from one to the next without having to go into my documents, open other folders, etc. It's nice to know that all of my important notes can literally be accessed with the touch of a button (by touching the top of surface pen).,Ability to write notes with your pen as well as type notes - love being able to switch between those options! The ease of access with opening. The organization built into OneNote - the tabs and folders.,Formatting issues - the space to write originally does not go across the entirety of the screen. More color coding options - yes I know this is the lamest 'con' ever haha but I use color coding for all my organization and would love more colors! Emoji integration would be incredible.,8,Positive impact of file sharing. Positive impact of file and note collaboration.,Evernote,Evernote
OneNote

OneNote Reviews

OneNote
Filter 546 vetted OneNote reviews and ratings

Jill Dickert profile photo
June 06, 2019

User Review: "OneNote makes collaboration easy!"

• Offers collaboration for multiple users to work on a product
  • Excellent tool for taking notes at a conference
  • Keeps documents organized in a searchable manner
  • I really don't see any needed areas of improvement
OneNote is definitely well suited for creating process documents for a manual or other type of guidebook for a large audience. I also personally found it incredibly helpful when attending conferences as I was able to devote a section to each session. OneNote allows the user to easily organize files and update pages. The searchability features are super helpful too.
Read Jill Dickert's full review
May 25, 2019

Review: "OneNote the Last Note-taking Software You'll Need"

• Data Gathering - It is extremely easy and efficient to get information into OneNote. Outlook has a button to send emails directly to the program, there are browser add-ons to clip research, and you can print to OneNote from any program. Once in the program, filing the information into the right note/tab is a sinch.
  • It is not complicated. Several of my tech-challenged coworkers, use this program with ease. I even hear comments about how much they like it.
  • The styling and formatting options of the notes are limited.
  • Sizing an embedded spreadsheet is challenging.
  • Table columns auto size unnecessarily.
OneNote is great for projects. It can hold information in notes, notebooks and various tabs. This helps keeps projects organized and the information you need just a click away. It is also easy to share information with teammates. The online, desktop and mobile versions are handy when you need a cross-platform solution for your note taking needs.
April 16, 2019

"OneNote is an excellent tool to house information and can be leveraged to collaborate"

• OneNote is very easy to navigate and is user-friendly, and Notebooks within the application are convenient to share making it easy to scale to new users who are not familiar with the platform
  • I enjoy being able to house meeting notes, agendas and other collateral content for different projects and programs with both individual stakeholders as well as with different project team using different notebooks and sections.
  • I can use OneNote to share documents, edit files and collaborate with other stakeholders offline.
  • While OneNote is easy to use overall, sharing Notebooks with different stakeholders can be challenging and I often have syncing issues with notebooks that are shared with other users.
OneNote helps improve collaboration for groups who may not all work in the same location which leads to improved business process improvement, agility and outcomes. I use OneNote to organize and collaborate around several projects and programs I manage forward that involve various stakeholders across different organizations and locations to collaborate around shared initiatives.
Joel Brache profile photo
December 17, 2018

OneNote Review: "An Excellent App for Notes"

• OneNote synchronizes across platforms very quickly. I often find that notes entered, or updated, on my desktop are synchronized to my laptop and smartphone well before I ever open them up to access the information.
  • OneNote has apps for just every major platform available. This includes Windows, iOS, and Android. The web app has plenty of features so you won't feel let down if you have to access your notebooks through a browser.
  • The multimedia features of OneNote are wonderful. I can draw pictures, add sound bites, add videos, add files, and much more. This helps me capture the full context of a note, including any references that I might need, all within the note itself. I don't have to go outside of OneNote to find a video clip, logo, or soundbite.
  • It is not always clear where your OneNote files are kept. I prefer to keep all my OneNote files in the cloud, but the actual location of those files in OneDrive can sometimes be a mystery. If I install OneNote on my home computer, I have to open up my work OneNote in the browser and then sync it to my PC. I'm not able to find and open the file in OneDrive through File Explorer.
  • The ability to find notebooks that are shared with you is getting better, but it can sometimes be difficult to locate the right one. I often see duplicate notebooks and end up opening up the wrong one. Would be great if Microsoft only showed you links to notebooks that were actually available to you.
  • Microsoft is shifting away from OneNote 2016 and moving people on to OneNote that comes native with Windows 10. The interface is different enough that I don't like it. I am staying with OneNote 2016 because of the ease of seeing multiple notebooks open at the same time and being able to get to the exact information I need quickly. If you don't like the native OneNote built into Windows 10, you won't like the future of OneNote.
Because the information is encrypted, I choose to keep account information (user names and passwords) in OneNote. I segregate my corporate and personal account information into separate notebooks so if one Notebook is compromised, I don't compromise all my account information. That segregation is one of the features I like the most since I can have a notebooks open for personal, business, personal business, and a shared family at the same time. I like the ability to segregate information and fine OneNote well suited for managing segregated information.

If you are not using the cloud to synchronize your OneNote notebooks, I think OneNote becomes less useful. Being able to access your information across devices is a particular strength to me. OneNote will let you keep information local only, so if that's how you want to roll, you can do that too.
Read Joel Brache's full review
Gavin Scott-Miller profile photo
December 17, 2018

User Review: "OneNote to rule them all."

• Cloud Syncing. It is great to just open the app on any computer or phone and have everything you need right there
  • Outlook integration. It is really easy to take notes from meetings and sync right to the calendar, as well as sync todos with outlook
  • Flexibility. Its really nice to be able to use OneNote however best suits you. You can create templates for these as well
  • Task management (it would be nice for one note to be able to send notifications to your device)
  • Integrations with other services (Ifttt, etc.)
  • It would be great for the iPhone application to support drawing
OneNote is really great for taking quick notes. It is also great for smaller 'documents' that you will reference frequently. I think that it is less well suited for more full document management. OneNote is NOT Microsoft Word, and OneNote is NOT Microsoft Excel. If you keep this in mind. Then OneNote will be great!
Read Gavin Scott-Miller's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo

"Review: OneNote"

• OneNote has an excellent organizational system. Users can create a multitude of folders and subfolders, then drop whichever notes and files into each that they'd like. It's quick and easy to create notes and begin typing away. You can also draw images or insert pictures and hyperlinks.
  • OneNote has a great mobile app. You will need to wait for it to sync, but once this is done, you are able to take notes on the go, or reference notes taken on your laptop/PC.
  • OneNote makes locating notes/files easy and fast. You can search for keywords and instantly be able to reference any notable files or notes you've taken. Finding specific information is extremely fast, which makes for quickly referencing things in meetings on demand.
  • OneNote's interface is very quick to learn. It is not dissimilar to Office and other software, so the learning curve is short.
  • OneDrive can sync into OneNote, making for fast usability between the two.
  • You can import catalogs of notes from other users, but this process is not an easy one. It messes up some of the functionality of previous notes, and it's not user friendly to import. This is mitigated by sharing your notebook with another user instead of exporting it. This process is simple, but if you want a separate copy of a catalog, it's not easy to do.
  • You are able to click anywhere into a note to begin typing in that location. It's a nice feature because it's more freeflow than other document process programs (Word or Google Docs) but it's a learning curve, honestly. You won't think much of it at first, but if you prefer a more straightforward document style, it's a bit jarring.
OneNote is great for note taking for personal use. It's good for referencing clients as well. I imagine it could be useful in a small business to help take notes on what certain clients are expecting and how to address them when meeting together. This could be useful to share among business partners as they prepare for meetings and for them to be mindful of how best to be respectful and effective.

I find it's most useful for personal note taking and organizing data.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Daniel Cure-Boulay profile photo
December 13, 2018

Review: "OneNote makes those tedious tasks simple"

• Works seamlessly with Outlook so creating and sending out your meeting notes is as simple as selecting OneNote. It creates the meeting template for the meeting notes (including participants) and once you have completed the meeting, it's as simple as selecting 'share' and it sends to all participants.
  • Tracking all your meeting notes is made easy through a simple interface/structure which can be customized to your liking.
  • Can get to your meeting notes through all devices remotely.
  • There are times that formating can be difficult, especially if you're copying from other sources.
I find this tp be the perfect tool for managing meetings, taking notes, tracking, sharing and also as a high level task tracker.
Read Daniel Cure-Boulay's full review
Cordell Yin profile photo
December 12, 2018

Review: "Get rid of those spiral notebooks and just use OneNote"

• It is a very easy notetaking platform. It allows the user to create their own electronic notebook, organizing it in sections and pages. It autosaves as well.
  • It integrates with Microsoft Office suite very well, especially Outlook. Content can be initiated from other Office applications and sent to OneNote. I particularly liked bringing scheduled meeting information in Outlook directly into OneNote before taking meeting minutes or personal notes.
  • If your organization uses SharePoint, then it can be a great collaboration tool. Notebooks can be shared among teams to collaborate and share notes, ideas, and documents.
  • I would like to see some sort of validated version where notebook entries could be published in some kind of locked-down fashion inside an enterprise version, and have digital signatures built in for legal purposes. For example in a research laboratory environment.
  • Easier video and audio recording capture right into the notebook.
  • Ability to play a video file that is stored in a OneNote page.
OneNote is definitely well suited to take notes, as if you were taking notes in a spiral notebook or a composition notebook. What makes it much more powerful is that it can be edited at any time, and it is searchable.

It is less appropriate if used as a document storage library. I have seen teams store files directly in OneNote notebooks to share files, but this might cause storage issues as the OneNote notebook file itself will grow very large.
Read Cordell Yin's full review
Brian Hopper profile photo
December 11, 2018

User Review: "OneNote - Best notebook out there"

• Organizes notes logically into NoteBooks. This way I can keep certain topics separate from others but still only be a few short clicks away.
  • Syncs across all my devices seamlessly
  • Has rich formatting options, which is extremely helpful
  • The mobile app can sometimes feel clunky to use
  • The Mac OS integration is lacking compared to the Windows functionality, especially regarding shortcuts.
  • Having multiple accounts (e.g. personal and business) on one platform has caused issues in the past.
It works really well for taking longer form notes, especially compared to Google. Google Keep seems to geared more towards "sticky notes" and Google Docs isn't flexible enough for a "notebook."

Where I think Google Keep has the advantage is the sticky note type of notes, especially how you can pin them in Chrome.
Read Brian Hopper's full review
Kate Bowling profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "OneNote increases collaboration"

• Organization
  • Collaborating with colleagues
  • Easy to search within your notebook
  • OneNote app is very useful when I'm not able to use my laptop
  • I would love to have more visual organization options (borders around text boxes to distinguish notes from each other when they are all on one page).
Well suited:
  1. Ongoing team project work
  2. File storage
Read Kate Bowling's full review
December 22, 2018

OneNote: "Great tool for personal prodactivity. Also good for collaborating and sharing info and action iteams"

• Because of its flexibility and ability to hold different types of content (text, images, tables), it is a great tool for collecting content from different resources and organizing it in one place.
  • Technical support analysts are using sections for their support case analysis; they paste pieces of logs, screen-shots, document their steps in troubleshooting etc., all in one section, to get the full picture yet stay organized.
  • The logic of content structure; Notebook>Section>Page>Paragraph, allows you to manage and collect all needed information by the areas of the user's responsibility. For example; each of my projects has its own section, in which each page is a task.
  • Using the search functionality isn't comfortable; the search is run from a small text box at the corner of the window, and results are listed there as a narrow list of pages, without the context of the search-terms (no snippet, in other words). Searching by Tags is also uncomfortable and not intuitive.
  • Lacking integration with Outlook; because many people are using Outlook as their main tool for time management and self-productivity, it would have been great to have more options to export, or even better, export and link paragraphs to Outlook items like the Calendar and Tasks list.
  • Although there is an option to open an Outlook Task linked to a tag in Onenote, that isn't enough. Also, there is no option to tag people from the organization's directory, and that would have been great, especially for teams that are sharing sections.
  • The Draw options are not as far-reaching as in other Microsoft product (e.g. Word). Especially important is the option to group objects together and keep them as one image.
Organizing data and information objects, according to your own logic of structure. For example, organizing all info about the cases you are working on, so each case will have a dedicated section or a page. Collaborating with colleagues who are working together on a project, so they can share a notebook, a section, or a page, and from there share meetings notes, lists of action items, links to other resources, and more.

July 19, 2018

OneNote Review: "One Note is your one stop shop for note taking!"

• OneNote handles cloud sync across multiple devices extremely well. It syncs my notes between my Home computer, my work computer, my iPad, and my iPhone all without issue.
  • OneNote's system for organizing notes is very hierarchical which is beneficial if you think that way. Personally, I find it easy to organize my notes by Notebook, Section, and the headings for each entry, enabling a simple yet very well organized note taking system.
  • OneNote is also good at capturing multiple sources of input - drawings, web clippings, graphics, and others. This enables you to enrich your notes with any and all relevant content, without necessarily needing to remember where it came from.
  • OneNote could improve on its web clipping features. Evernote still beats it in terms of robustness, but OneNote is sufficient for most purposes.
  • OneNote could also improve on its tagging system. Its the other major way of categorizing notes, which Evernote uses to great effect, but OneNote de-emphasizes this in favor of a hierarchical ordering.
  • This is a silly point, but it drives me mad. OneNote's free-form editing on pages, meaning you can click anywhere and start editing makes for sloppier notes that aren't as well aligned. This could be an enjoyable feature for some, but for me, I like my pages orderly.
OneNote is extremely well suited if you have Notes that generally fall into less than, say, 10 categories. That makes it easy to set up 10 different notebooks, or 10 different sections within a single notebook for those topics. Any more than that, and the hierarchical model starts to break down, and that's where tag-based organization becomes stronger. However, if you have a small number of categories, I prefer the hierarchical way that OneNote organizes, making it generally pretty easy to find the content you were looking for.
Gagan Kanwar profile photo
June 13, 2018

Review: "OneNote - Move faster by remembering what's next"

• It makes it really easy to capture notes in different formats - text, pictures, copy & paste, videos, etc.
  • It makes it really easy to organize notes by using the concept of notebooks - which are thematic ways to organize your notes
  • The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, which means I can always have my notes with me, even if I'm not in front of my computer
  • OneNote should integrate with meeting management tools (e.g. Zoom) and automatically transcribe meetings and provide all attendees with notes
  • OneNote should integrate with workflow processing tools so that any deliverables or goals coming out of a meeting can be captured and tracked against resources & timelines
  • At a corporate level, OneNote should help companies find which employees are SME's in particular areas by analyzing their data and content
OneNote is great for making it really easy to take, organize and access your notes across devices. It's not great for collaboration (which is probably by design). Also, sometimes the interface can be a little slow to work with.
Read Gagan Kanwar's full review
Brad Bratcher profile photo
May 17, 2018

Review: "Why OneNote? Because what it cannot do, I can count on maybe 3 fingers."

• Tabs-Enabling quick look up even without using the search feature. Also, because of the sub-tabs, items can be updated quickly and neatly.
  • Search-As the content grows, this is without a doubt one of the more used features and it does not disappoint.
  • Multi-Format and document linking. If there is something that is customer facing, I put these things into the short version when I am giving my presentations.
  • Writing - With the growth of tablets, this seems to be a no-brainer. However, I use it to overwrite illustrations. Again as with the advantage of presenting in a more natural flow, using the pen/highlighting tools to draw attention is invaluable.
  • The phone app is too 'heavy.' A large download.
  • Lists - I still keep the ToDo's on Evernote but hope that OneNote updates this to something a bit more friendly and maybe even something that can be written at the desk and then deployed to the phone.
  • The cells on top of cells sometimes are frustrating when you are copying and pasting from one document to OneNote.
Well Suited: Portfolio 'Bibles' - Just like the old 3 ring binder notebooks that salespeople used to haul around, OneNote is the digital equivalent but much more tidy and less bulky.
Less Appropriate: Generating new content. Because of its amorphous [for want of a better term] nature, it is easier to go to another application in the office suite and drag/copy over to OneNote rather than starting and finishing within OneNote.
Read Brad Bratcher's full review
Steve Vogt profile photo
May 30, 2018

Review: "OneNote Provides Outstanding Structure for Organization"

• Easy to use tab structure to separate note topics.
  • Ability to create new notebooks for different projects/clients.
  • Great at attaching other files to the notebook like pictures, powerpoints, etc.
  • The tree structure on the right side could be better at allowing adding/subtracting child sub-sections
  • Opening new notebooks forces you to select who you are sharing the contents with - no need for this to appear by default
Dealing with a new client every few weeks allows me a clean interface to group project notes for current projects and hide notes from projects that took place years ago. Sharing notebooks is also great for team collaboration as OneNote makes it easy to view multiple team members notes.
Read Steve Vogt's full review
Matt Smedley profile photo
May 22, 2018

User Review: "OneNote - great collaboration tool"

• Collaboration with colleagues - edit the same doc in real-time - leverage as a repository for knowledge sharing
  • With iPad app and Apple Pencil, you can take handwritten notes and quickly organize them
  • Syncs seamlessly with OneDrive
  • I find the organization of the notebooks, sections and pages a little clunky compared to Evernote.
  • Not quite as intuitive as Evernote for me
OneNote is well suited to group collaboration and sharing content and notes related to projects, initiatives and the like. Can also be used similarly to a wiki, where people can create a page, list FAQs, and other general knowledge sharing. I would think of it primarily as an "internal" tool rather than an external one.
Read Matt Smedley's full review
June 15, 2018

User Review: "OneNote Keeping my Day Organized"

• It does well for note-taking and organization. It allows me to label and color code everything--making information easy to find
  • It does well with synchronization across devices. I am able to take notes on my computer or phone and always have them with me in one centralized place.
  • It does well with ease of use. It is a very simple software with little to no learning curve.
  • OneNote could improve by allowing users to create a customized note template.
  • It can improve by allowing graphic design orientation features like guidelines and snap lines.
  • It can be improved by letting users import document links into the notes window so it is easy to track a topic.
OneNote is well suited for meeting minutes and general note taking. It is not well suited for anything that will need to be printed or presented.
Tiago Martines profile photo
July 21, 2016

Review: "OneNote - for individual users on a daily basis"

• Easy to create a note/notebook any time, from any device.
  • NoteS are saved on the cloud and synced frequently.
  • More flexible than Word or another text editor to quickly create documents of different formats/media types.
  • It tries too hard to be used every time. Taskbar icon begs to be used. Sometimes I don't need OneNote.
  • Pen recognition is not as quick for handwriting as other alternatives (e.g. S-Note from Samsung on Android devices)
  • OneNote relies on OneDrive, which is does not do as great as other cloud storage providers in terms of reliability/speed
If you own a Microsoft portable device (e.g. Surface Pro) you will definitely be using OneNote all the time :)
Read Tiago Martines's full review
Brad Daugherty profile photo
July 19, 2016

"OneNote Reviewed"

• Taking notes during meetings
  • Attaching pictures to your notes to allow for more detailed notes.
  • Creating different workbooks for different projects that you are working on.
  • The ability to either type or use a stylus for your notes.
  • Should allow your notes to be stored in more 3rd party cloud providers instead of Microsoft OneDrive.
  • Should be able to link your notebooks to multiple accounts. This would allow you to see notebooks from your personal and work for example.
  • Should be able to secure and manage more features with MDM products.
It is well suited as a note taking app that can be used on multiple platforms and keep users notebooks up to date across these platforms.
Read Brad Daugherty's full review
Jeannette Saysomvang profile photo
June 24, 2016

OneNote Review: "Best Note App Ever!"

• The mobile version is wonderful.
  • Love being able to use a stylus.
  • Android has a floating badge that stays on screen to allow quick access to notes anytime.
  • Updates can cause more problems than they solve sometimes.
OneNote is a great note taking app for everyone, students specifically. Sharing your notes is a breeze, which is helpful for collaborating or even just helping out a friend. Sometimes I even use it to make a grocery list to send to my boyfriend.
Read Jeannette Saysomvang's full review
Alan Matson, CCNA:S, MCP profile photo
April 26, 2016

Review: "Using OneNote as a CRM Replacement for consulting"

• Note sync
  • Easy collaboration
  • Cloud backup of notes
  • Ability to make templates that are shared
  • Better layout
  • Make templates easier
  • More sharing options
I think it is best suited for collaboration of project ideas. Where it would be less suited would be for someone looking for a replacement for a full fledged collaboration suite.
Read Alan Matson, CCNA:S, MCP's full review
Barrett Ford profile photo
April 13, 2016

User Review: "OneNote for us"

• Cooperatively work with other people.
  • You can use touch screen devices.
  • You can use pens that are coming with devices now, such as the Surface and Ipad Pro.
  • Easier to work cooperatively.
  • A more streamlined interface
Ideal for sure when staff needs to work together no matter where they happen to be working either in the same area or even different parts of the country. While it is very versatile, the share and functional part of it is not as easy going as using Google Apps. It should be noted that it is a much more robust program.
Read Barrett Ford's full review
Ben Tusa profile photo
April 12, 2016

Review: "OneNote good for more than just taking notes"

• One of the best things about OneNote is the ability to quickly enter data of many types without much effort. There are many different types of intake methods from browser extensions to mobile devices and of course the traditional desktop.
  • I find it very comforting that I can quickly record information about something then go back and easily reformat it.
  • As a team we share a single OneNote so it makes updating or sharing info very simple.
  • Users can manage multiple personal OneNotes along with the one we share as a team.
  • Maybe a little better integration with native spreadsheets. Currently it appears to force your spreadsheet info into a choice of several predefined formats.
  • Page updating for our International users is definitely slow at times.
It's great for sharing info within a team but if you want to export that info it can be a bit clunky.
Read Ben Tusa's full review
dan berezowski profile photo
March 22, 2016

OneNote Review: "Cleaner notes"

• Notes on procedures taking several steps
  • Sharing notes
  • Storing notes digitally so they are not lost
  • Better encryption options
  • Ability to use personal clouds
OneNote is well suited as a replacement to physical sticky notes.
Read dan berezowski's full review
Shannon McNamara profile photo
March 10, 2016

Review: "OneNote - my mac replacement for Evernote"

• Ability to write notes with your pen as well as type notes - love being able to switch between those options!
  • The ease of access with opening.
  • The organization built into OneNote - the tabs and folders.
  • Formatting issues - the space to write originally does not go across the entirety of the screen.
  • More color coding options - yes I know this is the lamest 'con' ever haha but I use color coding for all my organization and would love more colors!
  • Emoji integration would be incredible.
It would be incredible for teams who all use OneNote - because the integration of being able to share and collaborate on notes can be very useful. However, since most people seem to be Mac users - then it's definitely hard to collaborate if only half can use all of the features of OneNote.
Read Shannon McNamara's full review

Document collaboration (31)
Access control (24)
File search (32)
Device sync (32)
User and role management (17)
File organization (27)